šŸŒ¹ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Beauty Magick

I have acid reflux, so eating too much and too fast at once will hurt my stomach and give me that awful burning sensation in the back of my throat. :confounded:
I used to take PPIā€™s (Proton Pump Inhibitors) to reduce the amount of acid my stomach produces, but taking them in the long run would put me at a greater risk for bone fractures. I stopped using them altogether when I went to the ER for a terrible pain in my small toe. I had a small fracture and I didnā€™t even hit it on anything!
Now, if I have a flare up, Iā€™ll eat or drink something with peppermint, cinnamon or ginger.
My sisters say, ā€œyour acid reflux doesnā€™t seem to bother you anymore.ā€
Oh, it still bothers me from time to time. Iā€™ve just gotten better at managing it.:sweat_smile:

8 Likes

Iā€™ve gotten more into makeup probably within the last 5 years or soā€™ and I love trying new looks. Iā€™ve read a lil about Glamours. I feel I do greet/dedicate the day to positivity while I put my makeup on and get ready for the day! Butā€¦ one of my favorite things to doā€™ is play with my makeup to make homemade eyeshadows and scrubs and oils ā€˜ all with intention. But I would love to try a Glamour one day on a date or something!

9 Likes

Steph,

I love putting makeup :lipstick: on it helps me to feel more confident. When I allow my face to breathe, my skin is appreciative! I see other women who were no makeup but the artist in me in the morning thrives on feeling confident! I use black eyeliner, powder, and mascara! When I put my face on I feel like a woman!

Funny thing is nothing has changed about my makeup, maybe Iā€™ll look into the glamour videos to see if I can find a new look!
Thank you for sharing Steph!
Jeannie

8 Likes

This is me in the morning, if I donā€™t have coffee, I would not be doing any makeup or anything! :laughing: lol
image|410x500
Jeannie

9 Likes

Haha :rofl::laughing: thatā€™s me too!!!

9 Likes

Ah! I did the thing! Iā€™m back in the challenge game :joy:
Golden Glow Oats Recipe :sun_with_face: Beauty Magick - Recipes - The Spells8 Forum

8 Likes

Hi! This will be my first challenge, looking forward to it!
Iā€™ve been looking for a way to incorporate more magic into my daily routine and this seems like a perfect way!
Also have been having some confidence (circumstantial) issues as of late. Hoping this can get me moving in a better direction.

7 Likes

Ah! Hi! How are you? Iā€™m so happy to see you back in the challenges.

I still have no idea what to doā€¦ I suppose this could help with my self love & creativity, but I really donā€™t know where to start. I donā€™t typically wear make-up, nevermind making it.

I have seen everyoneā€™s entries so far & they are amazing! Great job! Iā€™m hoping something sparks some inspiration :joy:

7 Likes

Hereā€™s my entry for this week: My weekly challenge entry - Beauty Magick šŸŒ¹

7 Likes

HI! Iā€™m good! My battle with energy and motivation is going well at the moment so hoping Iā€™ll be a little more involved as long as I can keep it up :joy:
How are you?! Iā€™m sure youā€™ll think of something great to do!
I was definitely thinking of inner-beauty and self-love with this challenge!

I love this paragraph from The Inner Beauty Bible by Laurey Simmons:

11 Likes

A body is nothing without a soul that radiates inner beauty.
Invest the time in yourself and go inwards and meditate. Spend more time in silence and increase your inner beauty which is reflected through the body. There is no need for any makeup or beauty products that will cost a fortune. If your heart is pure you naturally shine and glow. Grow your inner beauty. Your eyes will speak what your heart says. Your face will reflect what your heart is. Your body will glow with the radiance of your heart and soul.

7 Likes

Good for you for taking time for some self love @Susurrus- and witchy soaps and music sound like a wonderful accompaniment for a wholesome shower! Enjoy :shower:

Welcome, @MyLyn! Sorry to hear that youā€™ve dealt with inappropriate comments about your weight too. But thatā€™s a lovely message about treasuring beauty outside and within- I agree that itā€™s your own perception that is the most important! :heart:

Looking forward to seeing what you will decide to do @Jeannie1- you are both beautiful and creative. You have every right to be proud of your talents and traits! :sparkling_heart:

Thanks again for your lovely post in the other thread, @IrisW- the Glamour Magick you found is a real treasure! :blush:

Thatā€™s a powerful revelation @Princess_Tara- I love the idea of ā€œbeauty from knowledgeā€. A strong inner beauty that lasts longer than any outward appearance :books: :two_hearts:

The guided meditation sounds lovely @Kasandra :blush: And Father Time offered a very interesting meditation on beauty and the concept of beauty over time. I agree that society as a whole could benefit greatly from reassessing the concept of beauty and appreciating the beauty of the kindness, warmth, and wisdom of the older population :older_woman: :heart:

A makeup dedication sounds like a wonderful and uplifting morning ritual @steph! I have some friends who refer to makeup as their ā€œarmorā€- protecting them from the outer world and helping to increase confidence :shield: :lipstick: Makeup can indeed be a powerful tool! :blush:

I loved your oats recipe, @Limeberry- thanks again for sharing! :heart:

Welcome @Bee12! I hope exploring Beauty Magick can help you find fun ways to use magick daily and hopefully give your confidence a boost too- good luck! :two_hearts:

Inner beauty is indeed a powerful force, @Moonshadow! :pray: By accepting your inner beauty, it really can manifest itself externally too.

13 Likes

Itā€™s friendly reminder time!

:exclamation: This challenge will close TOMORROW :exclamation:

If you would like to participate and havenā€™t done so already, please post about your challenge experience(s) by the deadline: Tomorrow: July 20th, 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time Zone)

Blessed be, beautiful witches! :rose::sparkles:

6 Likes

Limberry,
Wow this really coincides with my weekly challenge that I interred!
I always have had low self esteem but I used a spell that will help my self-critical mind and feel good about who I am when I put my lip balm on in the morning!
Thanks Limberry loved your post! Miss you on the forum too so much!
Jeannie

9 Likes

I took a self-love shower. I played my Brigid Playlist on Spotify & used my self-love rose quartz soap. When I got into my room I used my lavender & oatmeal lotion on my feet & ankles & hands & wrists. I used an all-natural lotion with SPF 15 on my face.

I know itā€™s simple & not very magnificent, but these showers always make me feel better. Iā€™m washing away all the stress & negativity of my day & I just feel so much better afterward.

I actually have 4 witchy soaps - Red Jasper for Grounding, Rose Quarts for Self Love, Amethyst for stress relief, & Citrine for healing & abundance. I love using them when I take my showers. They make me feel so much better.

13 Likes

Siofra,
That is so awesome thank you! I definitely need that recipe!
Jeannie

8 Likes

I draw a tarot card today and got ā€œThe High Priestessā€, in the course Iā€™m currently doing about Tatot reading it mentioned the Salomonā€™s temple, and looking further to that I found Aserah or AstarĆ©t; a canaanite Goddess of the sky, beauty, fertility, sex, war, love, and passion and was equal to the God Baal. Iā€™ve read and watched some Youtube videos about her, then did a meditation I found about her on Spotify and I had some sort of revelation. My problem with inner beauty, sexuality, and more specifically, my polycystic ovaries come from a childhood trauma that I need to take care of. I donā€™t know how to start yet, but this is definitely a good start.

Itā€™s just curious and amazing how everything starts talking to you when you begin to listen to yourself. How our ancestors admired and adored both femenine and masculine as equals, how important is to remember who we were and bring back this femenine empowerment, when you donā€™t, you start losing half of yourself, as Iā€™m feeling right now.

Iā€™ll totally do some ritual this week focused on my inner beauty, thank you for bringing this up!

7 Likes

Hello all!

I donā€™t do make up really, or follow any beauty regimens so I was at a loss of what to do for this challenge. So I did the Self-Love and Appreciation Break and it was lovely! Focusing on what you like about yourself helps drive out the bad thoughts. Iā€™ll have to do that one more often!

8 Likes

Thatā€™s such a good way of putting it too ! Itā€™s like protection form the outside world. And underneath the shields of (makeup) is your true self that maybe, sometimes you donā€™t want people to see. I like the thought that we choose what/when/how/where & why we give ourselves away to the world! The Power of Makeup is Real Yā€™all ! Cuz I never thought about it like an energy in itself but makeup definitely gives me the confidence to Rule the Day!!

6 Likes

You are so right tho! Cuz I feel like Iā€™m real self-conscious if I donā€™t put on ā€œmy faceā€ lolā€¦. I really should try more self appreciationā€™ maybe I can start wearing less makeupā€™ and more of myself!
Thank You for this! :cupid:

7 Likes