Good book recommendations?

Does anyone have any good book recommendations,
Ive read thru Wicca :a guide for the solitary practioner, and living wicca both buy Scott Cunningham, also a good portion of Wicca for Beginners by Thea Sabin, but it seems that all the “intro” books basically speak on the same things just worded differently, not that this is a bad thing all the books mentioned above are really great I just want to work on a new aspect of the craft, any literature you guys could suggest, or maybe one your currently reading now?

5 Likes

I’m reading The Green Witch right now by Arin Murphy-Hiscock. Its also a beginner’s book, but it steps outside of the Wiccan model and has been really helpful for making my practice apart of my daily life! It’s a beautiful book and super easy to read! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Thanks man, I havent read a physical copy of that one but Ive listened to the audio book, and your right there is a TON of great info in the book its a good read/listen

4 Likes

Totally agree with this. I think you need to move on from “Wicca 101”-type of books. Here are a few recommendations:

Historical Books

Drawing Down the Moon by Margot Adler. It’s mostly a historical account but really useful for reference, I made a video summary here.

Triumph of the Moon by Ronald Hutton. Also mostly historical, with a very academic view.

Alex Sanders Lectures. Educational history of traditional Wicca.

Worship

The Witches’ God by Janet and Stewart Farrar. A comprehensive dictionary of over 1000 gods from many world cultures, past and present.

Rites of Worship: A Neopagan Approach by Isaac Bonewits. A guide with ceremonies and rituals for public and private services.

Deepening Witchcraft: Advancing Skills & Knowledge by Grey Cat. Mostly intermediate material for people advacing past the 101 stuff.

The Elements of Ritual by Deborah Lipp. With deep focus on the Wiccan ritual, it goes to the core of practice and correspondences.

Grimoires

Mastering Witchcraft: A Practical Guide for Witches, Warlocks & Covens by Paul Huson. Interesting non-Wiccan perspective on Witchcraft.

The Grimoire of Lady Sheba by Lady Sheba
First published in 1974, this is a personal magickal workbook copied by hand from the time of her initiation into the Craft.

A Grimoire of Shadows: Witchcraft, Paganism, & Magick by Ed Fitch. The sourcebook from which a large number of Wiccan traditions have developed.

I have a few more recommendations over here: Best Books for Beginner and Advanced Wiccans :books:

7 Likes

Thanks Francisco! I hear about “Drawing Down the Moon” a lot. I think it is certainly going to be one I read in the near future, the grimoire choices are nice as well, I also hear many people rave about “A Witches Bible” do you have any experience with that particular title?

3 Likes

A Witch’s Bible is also a good recommendation for this topic! :+1:

It’s not super easy but it is a very comprehensive and useful book, though a bit dated in some places. I say that because it can be dogmatic, as you can probably tell from the title.

It’s actually a compilation of two separate books: “Eight Sabbats for Witches” and “The Witches’ Way”, so you get a ton of information that will keep you busy for a long time.

There are very detailed explanations of sabbat mythology and magico-religious concepts all throughout the book. All of these from an Alexandrian and Gardnerian Witchcraft point of view (in the 1980s).

3 Likes

Hello @Trey, I have a lot of digital books at my online bookstore. They aren’t expensive and you can either download and print, read on Kindle, Cell phone, Pc, Notebook or laptop.
here is my store link if you are interested-
[LINK REDACTED] and here is my pricing list I sell them in collections as to topic-
[LINK REDACTED]

[REDACTED]

6 Likes

If you like history and you find the Malleus Maleficarium a book that requires several tea breaks Id like to suggest reading the compendium to it. I have found it quite interesting as the recantations from those that lived back then are described in their own words. I found it an easier more enjoyable read. Blessed be and thank you for reading.

4 Likes

Hello and welcome to the forum :infinite_roots: @richard5
I am Marsha, an eclectic witch, from Colorado. I invite you to post an introduction so more people will see it. Anyway, I’m glad you are here.
With love :heart: always…
The Other Marsha

2 Likes