Great Witch/Fae fiction

Hi all!!

I’ve started reading The Awakening by Nora Roberts and I am loving it!!

Without giving too much away, it involves multi-worlds, witchcraft, fae, trolls, elves, an evil god, and were-creatures. The main character learns she’s not who she thought she was and this book (1st in a series of 3) is her journey of discovering herself in Ireland!

I can’t recommend it enough!

9 Likes

I am buying it now!!! Thanks for the recommendation :slight_smile: @Amaris_Bane

6 Likes

You are welcome!! I have the first two and pre-ordered the third!

I will warn that there are Gaelic words within it (not many so far) that you may have to look up their meaning or how to pronounce.

6 Likes

sounds like another one I need to add to the list of “must reads”. I have always enjoyed Nora Roberts

7 Likes

Just adding that to my fiture reading list…

6 Likes

Urgh, I don’t need another series. ~puts it on wishlist anyway~

LOL! Thank you!

6 Likes

Sounds perfect for me, thank you for sharing. Love that it includes Fae Folk and others. :four_leaf_clover:

7 Likes

Guess who was just designing a were-character to play in Dnd lol :joy: This sounds very much like something I might enjoy- gonna go check this one out :open_book: :sparkles:

Thanks for the recommendation, @Amaris_Bane! :heart:

6 Likes

@Lavendergirll This is the first book of hers I’ve read, but I’m going to read more. I love her style.

@Amethyst :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: That was exactly me when I saw this book.

@BryWisteria, what a coincidence!! One of the supporting characters is a were-cat, and he is fantastic.

I am glad that I can support everyone’s book addictions, lol! I know my to-read list is growing: I read one and add 2-3 more!

6 Likes

Since I added a few cough, cough things to my future reading list… I need to get going! I’ll be reading from the Otherworld at this rate… do you get a discount if it takes that long to get through the list :thinking:

6 Likes

HAHAHA, I wish!! I currently have 138 on my Amazon wishlist, and I have no idea on my GoodReads “want to read”.

6 Likes

Now I have another book to add to my TBR :laughing: Thank you!

4 Likes

Oh! I usually get frustrated with Nora Roberts, but this sounds fun! I started taking some Dyslexia courses and my reading of late has been all about learning f to read… so this will be a nice break!

5 Likes

A were-cat!!! :smiley_cat: What a fun idea for a character- this definitely sounds like an interesting story! :open_book: :sparkles:

5 Likes

I am not getting frustrated with this one yet. It does take a lot to discourage me with a book, though. Things like a predictable ending or unnecessary plot twists ruin it for me. Also, when an author is well-known for a particular style and then attempts the complete opposite (I"m looking at you, Stephen King with Wizard and Glass).

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.