Greetings from the Panhandle of West Virginia!

Merry Meet!

I live in the Panhandle of West Virginia alongside the river inbetween 2 mountains about 1 1/2 hours from Washington DC and Baltimore, MD. My 14 year old daughter and I practice and grow our craft together. She’s more into tarot readings and sigils - we both like crystals and I enjoy mixing up my herbs and foraging for wild ones in the spring/summer. My great granny practiced down in southern West Virginia- I’ve been really into researching Appalachian Magic lately but I have found it to be somewhat limited in information.

I really like this site so far and everything I have read has been very informative (=

Blessed be :crystal_ball::woman_mage:t2:

7 Likes

Hello @amy50 ! Glad to have you here with us. This isn’t the first time I have heard of Appalachian magic but I am not familiar with any of it. Could you tell me a little bit about your craft? It’s great your daughter participates and your granny was also a practitioner. Welcome

5 Likes

Welcome Amy! I’m Christine from Tennessee! There is a lot of information here and many knowledgeable people to help you continue your journey. Hope to talk soon:)

5 Likes

Warm greetings @amy50! :blush:

Welcome to the forum, we’re blessed to have you here! Please make yourself at home and don’t be afraid to reach out if you have any questions. You have many friendly fellow forum members happy to help or even just chat! :infinite_roots:

As for Appalachian Magic, it sounded familiar so I ran a search (and speaking of which, I recommend both the Search Tool and Tag System to help navigate around the forum- there is a lot to explore in here! :laughing:) and found that @Kasandra had done some interesting research about the “Granny Witches of Appalachia”. And @Amethyst kindly shared a book review of Appalachian Folklore Omens, Signs, and Superstitions (although it sounds like the book wasn’t quite what you’d expect it to be) :book: Rest assured that you aren’t alone in your studies of the region, Amy! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Wishing you and your daughter all the best with your studies and magickal learning, and I’m looking forward to talking with you more soon! Blessed be, Amy! :sparkles:

5 Likes

@amy50 Welcome to the forum!

Some great links have already been shared but feel free to ask any questions or join any topic. There is the (Group Ritual - Jan 13) :stars: Manifest Your Dream today if you are logged into your account. It’s in the A Sacred Space category.

I’m Siofra from Cape Cod but I know we have a couple of Virginia witches. Including @Amethyst.

My daughter dabbles every once in a while. She has her own tarot cards but doesn’t use them much. I’m pretty sure it’s’ her age & that she is kind of a social butterfly. :butterfly: She has her own crystals, but keeps them with her mind so nothing happens to them. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes

Hello and welcome from the New River Gorge area! I’m Amethyst from Oak Hill, WV. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

So glad to have another Mountaineer around here! LOL. If you ever have any questions just ask and I’ll do what I can to help. I’d love to see your research into Appalachian magic, as @BryWisteria said I tried finding a good book but only found one about bewitching a woman with a slice of cheese! LOL.

I look forward to getting to know you better!

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.