Do you ever get those times after casting when you just feel so… drained?
I do. ALL. THE. TIME.
I’m working on taking the time to ground myself properly - I always feel so much better when I do. Grounding is absolutely the way to release some of that extra energy - and recharge again! Check out a couple of bangin’ posts about grounding here:
Grounding and Centering
Troubling Times Call For Grounding
I had so much fun making my Divination Oil and it’s already been so helpful with boosting my abilities and getting me in the zone… so I figured - why not make a Grounding Oil to help with that too?! Rude not to really
Congrats to those who made it through the latest chapter of @Limeberry goes rambling
- Clean glass bottle
- Olive Oil
- Vitamin E Oil
- Coffee Beans - Earthy, energising, grounding, seriously underrated, I like them
- Cloves - Help to balance and stimulate your mind
- Chamomile - Balancing, calms emotions, grounding, supportive, brings inner peace
- Lavender - Emotional balance and healing, calming, grounding
- Sage - Balancing, gratitude, grounding, clears the mind, strength
- Vervain - Empowering, grounding, inner power
- Grounding crystals - I used Hematite and Malachite to decorate the bottle and surrounded it with everything else I could find as I worked (cos that’s how I roll): Amazonite, Amethyst, Mangano Calcite, Fluorite, Red Jasper, Obsidian, Smoky Quartz, Tiger’s Eye, Black Tourmaline
- Candle - I chose a dark green one
Light some sage or other incense and fan the smoke around and inside the bottle to cleanse it. I like @SilverBear’s plant spirit blessing so that’s what I used:
“I ask that the plant spirit of sage please infuse this space with blessings. With this smoke I cleanse this object of all negative or harmful energy so that I may use it for my highest good. So, it is said, so shall it be."
Light your candle
Add all herbs to the bottle and top up with Olive oil and a few drops of Vitamin E
Seal and shake it (like a polaroid picture)
Sit comfortably holding your bottle and chosen crystals with both hands.
Take some time to fully ground yourself, imagine a ball of light travelling from the earth through your roots, through your body and into the bottle of oil. Allow the light to travel back through you to the earth.
See this Grounding Technique shamelessly stolen from Francisco's post:
- Keep this connection flowing for several minutes and when you feel ready place the bottle on your altar. Allow it to remain there until your candle goes out.
I chose to place the bottle in a bowl of earthy potpourri to which I added coffee beans, my grounding crystals and a cute pinecone I found while out walking the other day
Edit: Using it!
Massage a tiny bit into temples, shoulders, wrists and heels before going into grounding technique as above.