Grounding Oil 🧘🏼‍♀️

Do you ever get those times after casting when you just feel so… drained?
I do. ALL. THE. TIME.
I’m working on taking the time to ground myself properly - I always feel so much better when I do. Grounding is absolutely the way to release some of that extra energy - and recharge again! Check out a couple of bangin’ posts about grounding here:
Grounding and Centering
Troubling Times Call For Grounding
I had so much fun making my Divination Oil and it’s already been so helpful with boosting my abilities and getting me in the zone… so I figured - why not make a Grounding Oil to help with that too?! Rude not to really :roll_eyes: :joy:

Congrats to those who made it through the latest chapter of @Limeberry goes rambling :pray:t2:

:woman_in_lotus_position:t3: Grounding Oil :deciduous_tree:

Ingredients: :green_salad:

• Clean glass bottle
  • Olive Oil
  • Vitamin E Oil
  • Coffee Beans - Earthy, energising, grounding, seriously underrated, I like them
  • Cloves - Help to balance and stimulate your mind
  • Chamomile - Balancing, calms emotions, grounding, supportive, brings inner peace
  • Lavender - Emotional balance and healing, calming, grounding
  • Sage - Balancing, gratitude, grounding, clears the mind, strength
  • Vervain - Empowering, grounding, inner power
  • Grounding crystals - I used Hematite and Malachite to decorate the bottle and surrounded it with everything else I could find as I worked (cos that’s how I roll): Amazonite, Amethyst, Mangano Calcite, Fluorite, Red Jasper, Obsidian, Smoky Quartz, Tiger’s Eye, Black Tourmaline
  • Candle - I chose a dark green one

Directions: :arrow_up: :arrow_right: :arrow_down: :arrow_left:

1. Light some sage or other incense and fan the smoke around and inside the bottle to cleanse it. I like @SilverBear’s plant spirit blessing so that’s what I used:
    “I ask that the plant spirit of sage please infuse this space with blessings. With this smoke I cleanse this object of all negative or harmful energy so that I may use it for my highest good. So, it is said, so shall it be."

2. Light your candle

3. Add all herbs to the bottle and top up with Olive oil and a few drops of Vitamin E

4. Seal and shake it (like a polaroid picture)

5. Sit comfortably holding your bottle and chosen crystals with both hands.

6. Take some time to fully ground yourself, imagine a ball of light travelling from the earth through your roots, through your body and into the bottle of oil. Allow the light to travel back through you to the earth.

See this Grounding Technique shamelessly stolen from Francisco's post:

Psi Ball & Other Energy Work Techniques

1. Keep this connection flowing for several minutes and when you feel ready place the bottle on your altar. Allow it to remain there until your candle goes out.

I chose to place the bottle in a bowl of earthy potpourri to which I added coffee beans, my grounding crystals and a cute pinecone I found while out walking the other day :blush:

Edit: Using it!

Massage a tiny bit into temples, shoulders, wrists and heels before going into grounding technique as above.

14 Likes

That sounds wonderful @Limeberry! And it looks so pretty sitting in that bowl with the stone on top! It sounds calming and energizing all at once!

6 Likes

@Limeberry would you consider this a Self Care Spell ?

8 Likes

Good question @berta! Yes I’d say so! I anticipate feeling pretty wonderful after each use. Particularly if using it as a bit of a mini-massage oil :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: just given it a quick edit cos I love that.

7 Likes

Limberry,
Looks amazing, I love the Gold and looks like Malichite which is good for image
I really feel attracted to this stone for sometime!!
I love your spell!!!

7 Likes

Absolutely gorgeous, @Limeberry :heart_eyes: Your spellwork is always such a pleasure to see :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: And such a pretty set-up too! Is that a Capricorn candle I see in the background? :capricorn::eyes: Love it!

7 Likes

Ooh yes! With the moon in Capricorn (My sun sign) at the moment I just had to light this candle and add a little Cap energy to it :joy:

7 Likes

It’s perfect, @Limeberry! :star_struck::capricorn::candle:

6 Likes

I like that you added the properties. It also clears rediation and protects against elextro magnetic pollution, clears and activates the chakras, and transmutes negative energy. :grin:

7 Likes

This looks gorgeous! I have to make some. I need to revamp my oil collection.

7 Likes

Christina,
Good for energy suckers huh ! :thinking:
I was reading about vamps in my book :open_book:
Tarot for trouble times bye Theresa Reed she explained vamps really well :imp:
There stealing all your blood :drop_of_blood: All the juice out of one right!

Jeannie

4 Likes

Not sure I quite understand. An energy vampire is someone who has a negative attitude and they suck away your positive attitude and that makes you in a negative mood. For example: when I’m around my mother when she’s in a bad mood, I get bad anxiety and eventually I end up acting like I have her bad mood. So, in stead of me having my own energy, I have hers.

In that case, I have to ground and center myself. And sometimes do an energy clearing, with sage or crystals.

I hope I helped you understand that better. :revolving_hearts:

5 Likes

Christina,
I know what a energy vamp is! They take on the vampire archetype! There is nothing good in them and they take on the world as being dark, deprivation, and despair!
I just meant to say that the vamp archetype is like stealing ones good so that way they can fell better. Like a energy sucker they will take everything you got if you let them. I think I have a good idea and this book I have is Awsome she explains it very well! Thanks Christina your definition is really good! I was just being funny :laughing: I am a very visual person. I guess I just wanted to see if you saw it like that too! They do take on the vamp archetype so that’s why I said right ! I didn’t mean to be unclear! My bad :woman_facepalming: My apologies! I should have explained better!
Thanks so much, I appreciate your help clearing the air!

4 Likes

Oh :face_with_hand_over_mouth:🤦 okay :rofl: well, not that we cleared the air, yes I do see them as real vamps. :grin:

3 Likes