:tree_of_life: Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Grounding & Centering

Merry meet!

Thank you once again to everyone who joined in for last week’s Weekly Witchy Challenge - Catch-Up :clock1:

The challenge clock has started once again, and we are off with challenge #141! So dig in and get ready- to, well, to dig in and get ready! :tree_of_life: :smile:

The theme for this week’s challenge was inspired by @Phoenix_Rose and is…

Grounding Centering Energy Work Challenge Spells8

:mountain: :person_in_lotus_position: Grounding & Centering :tree_of_life: :cyclone:

Spend enough talking with witches or reading magickal books and you’re sure to come across the terms “Grounding” and “Centering”. Both grounding and centering are forms of energy work- where energy (external or internal) is being used by the caster.

Although sometimes used interchangeably, grounding and centering have unique characteristics and benefits in practice.

Grounding is a practice that involves connecting your body and mind to the energy of Earth. It is a way of releasing any excess energy that may be causing you stress or anxiety. It is also a great way to restore your energy stores if you have depleted them.

On the other hand, centering is a practice that involves bringing your energy back into balance and alignment. It is an intentional act of focusing your attention and connecting with your inner self. This allows your internal energy to remain calm and focused.

From Spells8: Grounding and Centering: What’s the Difference

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

This week’s challenge is about exploring grounding and centering- but as always, how you do so is up to you!

So are you ready? Because it’s…

CHALLENGE TIME!

:bell:

Picture from Pixabay

STEP 1 : Grounding & Centering in Your Practice :tree_of_life:

This challenge is all about exploring energy work- but how you choose to take on this theme is up to you!

Still not sure where to begin? To help you get started, here are a few ways in which a witch might approach this challenge.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Learn more about grounding and centering :open_book:

Never grounded or centered yourself before? Unsure how to get started? A great way to tackle this challenge for you is to study up and learn more about the topic. Here are a few resources to help you do just that! Feel free to take a look- share what you learned as your entry! :books::blush:

Grounding and Centering: What’s the Difference and How to Practice
Grounding-and-Centering-360x240

Get Grounded! :earth_element:

Grounding is the energy practice of tuning into and connection with the Earth and the vast energy of nature. There are many ways to ground oneself- here are just a few suggestions you might consider for your entry this week!

Earth Magick: Elemental Grounding
Earth-Magick-360x240

Grounding Mindfulness: Guided Meditation
Grounding-Mindfulness-Meditation-Course-Online-360x240

Earth Elemental Invocation
Earth-Invocation-Pagan-Chant-360x240

Ground and Center: Earth Magick Jar
DIY-Ground-Center-Spell-Jar-360x240

Become Centered :cyclone:

While grounding draws on an external connection with the Earth, centering is an internal process. Breathwork, visualization, movement, martial arts, yoga, and more- there are many ways to gather, collect, and balance your energy internally. Here are just a few suggestions and ideas to help inspire your entry!

Psi Ball and Other Energy Work Techniques
Shielding

Guided Meditations
Guided-Meditations-360x240

Past Challenge: Energy Work
Energy-Work-Witchy-Challenge-2022

…And More! :raised_hands:

A few additional discussions and resources you can explore:

The suggestions above are just a few ideas to help kickstart your creativity- if you feel called to explore grounding/centering in another way, please feel free to do so! :blush:

As always, all witches are encouraged to embrace their own unique practice with how they explore the theme :star2:

Picture from Pixabay

STEP 2 : Share Your Experience :writing_hand:

Click here for a note about challenge inclusivity

Everyone is welcome to join the challenge by practicing magick in line with the current theme. For lurkers and those who don’t feel comfortable sharing, it is absolutely okay to follow along with the challenge but keep your entry personal. Feel free to join in spirit and do what feels most comfortable for you! :blush:

That being said, please know that if you would like to receive a prize and a public shout-out, it is required that you share your experience.

Getting Your Credit :white_check_mark:

In order for your entry to be counted, all you have to do is write/share about your experience and label it as your challenge entry. There is a lot of chatting here (which is awesome- chatting and discussion are very welcome!) so please clearly write that it is your entry so I know to count it! :pray:

Where Should I Share My Entry? :thinking:

Click here to learn where to share your challenge entry

You are welcome to post it right here- just click “reply” :repeat: to this post and write your experience in the text box that pops up!

Alternatively, you could create a new post in the forum (this is good for when you have a lot to share and/or would like to discuss aspects of your entry not related to the current theme)

Note : If you do choose to create a new thread, please add the “challenge-entry” tag and/or add a hyperlink back to this post so that it can be easily found- thank you! :bowing_woman:

Deadline :spiral_calendar:

:exclamation: This challenge will close in 6 DAYS :exclamation:

To join in, please share your experience by:

Tuesday, April 25 at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time)
( Time Converter: 2023-04-25T05:00:00Z)

(Note that the time zone is CET- if you don’t see your time displayed above, you can use this time zone calculator to check for your time zone!)

Prizes :gift:

For their efforts, all participants will receive a special shout-out and a small prize! :gift:

Acknowledgments will be given in a Props and Presents Post that will appear in the forums on Tuesday.

After the challenge closes, you are still very welcome to post but please be aware that no additional prizes will be given. This discussion will remain open for about a week after the challenge finishes.

:gift_heart: :gift: :gift_heart:

Picture from Pixabay

A warm reminder that the challenges are designed to be very open- everyone is encouraged to participate in a way that honors and reflects their unique practice :open_book:

If you have any doubts about if something is acceptable to post or say, please double-check with the Forum FAQ and/or reach out to your friendly Moderator Team.

And for those new to challenges- welcome! :heart: Know that the goal of these activities is to help you further diversify and strengthen your abilities and to bring together the Spells8 forum family to inspire and support one another in creative ways :hugs:

Picture from Pixabay

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Tap into the Earth to stand strong and true,
Or gather the power already in you.
Whether you reach out or look within,
Your energy journey is about to begin!

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Blessed Be! :tree_of_life: :sparkles:

19 Likes

Thanks @BryWisteria ! Ha! Maybe I should see if either my left or right foot senses the energy of the earth differently. :wink:

15 Likes

These challenges seem to correlate with exactly what I need in the moment… :sweat_smile: We’re all on the same wavelength lately!

17 Likes

Perfect challenge for me at this time :smiling_face:

17 Likes

141 weekly witchy challenge - Grounding and Centering
Challenge entry - Garnet
In considering this subject, the idea of ‘Drawing down the Moon’ came to mind. The actual term is a misnomer, as to draw down the moon, in reality, would mean the end of the earth and its lovely satellite.
So, what does it mean?
You put yourself into a deep trance-like state and call upon your deity to enter your body. It is best performed on the night of the full moon, or on one of the nights immediately before. While it’s more suitable to be performed outside if the weather is bad, you can hold the ritual indoors.
Learn Religions - Drawing Down the Moon Ritual

It is usually done with a coven, through a high Priestess, but those of us who practice solitary Neopaganism can also call upon their Deity. It is an ethereal sensation and leaves one feeling cleansed.
I’ve often thought that with each spell I perform with the calling of the corners, I am calling upon the power of the earth, air, water, and fire.
I guess I’ve never thought of combining terrestrial with the Celestial.

What I do to Center myself is to concentrate on my chakras, as I go to each one, I examine them and ask that all remembered sickness and pain leave my body. By the time I reach my 3rd eye and crown chakra, I feel empowered and certainly enabled.
I know this isn’t what I normally write. There isn’t science involved, but belief and understanding.
Blessed be
Garnet

16 Likes

I am looking to this Weeks Witchy Challenge, just like last week, thank you Phoenix Rose! Things are starting to fall back in place again. Having the need to get grounded and centered is a must. This will help me get a routine in place to start my morning and end with a routine for the night.

Blessed Be my Witch family :infinite_roots:
Medea

13 Likes

141 εβδομαδιαία μαγική πρόκληση - Είσοδος πρόκλησης γείωσης και κεντραρίσματος

Grounding necessary after a ritual
nothing better than walking with bare feet on the dirt
by gardening or drinking a glass of water
As I walk I feel that my feet are one with the bowels of the earth
Centering through the heart chakra
I see a white light starting from the heart chakra and spreading throughout the body, surrounding it from the crown chakra to the root chakra

15 Likes

I have been working in my yard a bit each day… maybe it will warm up a bit & I can do something barefoot out back or with my hands in the front garden! :thinking:

I’ll have to see what I can come up with for this one :smiling_face:

13 Likes

Funny you posted this because it is something I need to do and I was already looking at the ground and center jar to make but I do not have sandlewood and have it in my cart to get, lol. I have everything else already because I just picked up a herb box. I will be using one of the other ones to do.

12 Likes

Great idea for the challenge - TY @Phoenix_Rose! Definitely feeling the urge to practice more grounding and centering. @Susurrus Love the remark on working outdoors - that’s pinging right to my heart of elemental Earth - just happens to coincide with a trip to the nursery after work today! :blush:

14 Likes

Oh my… this is the perfect challenge for me right now. You have no idea. I’ve been struggling with anxiety and inertia and really need this reminder to ground and center myself in my life again.

I think I came up with a grounding and centering spell jar and just might be able to get it done tomorrow!

14 Likes

141 weekly witchy challenge - Grounding and Centering
Challenge entry - Heav3n
So I was able to get my grounding done tonight with this other website I follow and they had a Aries New Moon Solar Eclipse Ritual tonight. I feel so refreshed right now and much more relaxed then I did all day long.

I shared the link because she does live videos on Youtube for the rituals and you are able to watch them back.

I also remembered that I did the Earth Invocation after first joining the site.

12 Likes

Drawing down the Moon! :face_holding_back_tears: :full_moon:
This touched my heart, I’d love to try this on the next full moon…

It would have felt scary before, but not anymore. I love the Goddess, and I can trust she wants only the best for me. I’m ready :sparkling_heart:

Goddess of the Moon, You have been known by many names in many lands in many times. You are universal and constant. In the dark of night, You shine down upon us and bathe us in Your light and love. I ask You, O Divine One, to honor me by joining with me, and allowing me to feel Your presence within my heart.

Gives me shivers in the best possible way :smiling_face:
I’m looking forward to the full moon :blush: but for this challenge I’ll have to think of something different.

12 Likes

@Phoenix_Rose Thank you for the inspiration to do an energy work challenge! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: And haha that would be an experiment I would be very curious to hear the results of! For science! :laughing: :+1: :heart:

@MeganB It’s that hive mind back at it again! :honeybee: :wink:

@brandy20 I’m really glad to hear that, Brandy! Enjoy your energy work this week! :blush:

@Garnet I love all your posts- be the focus on science, history, emotion, or a wonderful mix of everything combined. This is a great exploration of how to draw down the moon, in a coven or as a solitary practicioner. Thank you for sharing how you like to connect with and draw on the elements in your practice, Garnet! It sounds like you have developed a lovely technique to help your body release any sickness or pain :mending_heart: :sparkles:

@Medea Good for you, Medea! Wishing you all the best with your grounding and centering work- I hope you have fun with it :blush:

@AIRAM I agree- walking with bare feet in the dirt is such a wonderful feeling, and a great way to connect with the Earth! :smiling_face: It sounds like you have a beautiful practice that combines the earth energy with your chakras- a wonderful way to channel the energy through your body. Thank you for sharing, Airam! :sparkling_heart:

@Susurrus I’ll keep my fingers crossed that the weather is nice and warm for you, Siofra! Good luck and have fun :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@Heav3n It sounds like many of us really are on the same wavelength this week- perhaps there is something in the air (start of Taurus season, perhaps? :taurus:) that is drawing us all towards grounding and centering! Whatever the reason, I’m glad it was on your mind too- thank you so much for sharing about your eclipse ritual! It sounds like it was a very relaxing and stabilizing one. Wishing you a blessed New Moon Solar Eclipse! :new_moon_with_face: :sun:

@lisa67 I hope you had a lovely trip to the nursery (and maybe found some fun plants! :seedling: :blush:). Wishing you all the best with your grounding and centering work, Lisa- have fun! :sparkles:

@Artemisia I’m sorry to hear it’s been a struggle for you lately- here’s to hoping that some solid energy work will help you find some stable balance and put any turbulent emotions to rest- so mote it be! May it be a lovely week for you, Artemisia- good luck with your spell jar! :jar: :sparkles:

@CelestiaMoon Your posts are always so encouraging and empowering, Celestia :hugs: :two_hearts: Apologies that things don’t align with a new moon this week, but perhaps the raw energy of the new moon solar eclipse will lend itself to your work instead :new_moon_with_face: :sparkles: Wishing you all the best- good luck and have fun! :heart:

12 Likes

Challenge Entry

Whenever I need to ground my energy, I like to hold crystals associated with the root chakra such as red jasper or black obsidian. I sometimes call on Orbron, the dragon associated with the root chakra, but his energy tends to leave a heavy feeling in my body. :sweat_smile:Another method I use, which is the first method that I learned, is to visualize roots growing from the base of my spine and going deep underground.

A simple method that I use to center myself is through deep breathing. Chakra cleansing is another great method for balancing and realigning my energy centers in my body.

14 Likes

Im looking at getting some grounding crystals to add to my collection, maybe jewerly so can wear if i can or tumble stones of something if not.

13 Likes

My thoughts exactly :laughing:

12 Likes

Thank you @lisa67, it will actually be part of my entry. I’m putting it in tomorrow :hugs: :heart:

12 Likes

@Kasandra Crystals, calling on the aid of the divine, vizualations, deep breathing, and chakra cleansing are all excellent methods for grounding- you’ve really built a wonderful collection of resources and methods, Kasandra! :blush: :earth_element: Thank you very much for sharing about them! :pray: :heart:

@Phoenix_Fire I hope you can find exactly the crystals you are hoping for, Phoenix- good luck! :raised_hands: :gem:

@Nixi Hooray for all being on the same wavelength! :laughing: :+1: :two_hearts:

12 Likes

Challenge Entry :smiling_face:

My original plan for this challenge didn’t pan out… completely anyway…

I spent part of a couple of days working in my backyard. Really, starting to work… I did manage to get the leaves :leaves: raked into a big pile & my fire :fire: pit now has some branches that had fallen & pieces of wood :wood: in there… so a somewhat start for Beltane :star_struck: It did feel really good to be able to spend time outside in my yard & getting things… at least started for clean up :hugs: My pibble spent time out there with me too… sniffing & making sure the leaves stayed where I put them :rofl:

I had a day afterward, that, I just needed to exist… in true Siofra fashion… I had overestimated what I could do & wound up… overdoing it… :face_with_hand_over_mouth: I tend to do that when I get excited about something… hasn’t happened in a while, but it did this time… Yesterday, was a very low production day here for me. Which is okay… I definitely needed a ‘day’

I woke up this morning :sunrise: & my sleep was better last night… but I am still moving… slow :snail: Makes me wonder, why I only have 1 cup of coffee :coffee: a day now… :thinking: So my brain is a little on the foggy but also trying to figure out what to do when & what needs to get done & who needs to be picked up & all the things while also half being like… a nap :zzz: sounds really good at the same time :laughing: Especially after, well THE appointment I had this week & was actually REALLY looking forward to attending this afternoon… was canceled by my provider at 7:35 AM… kind of affected my mood & outlook for the day ahead. My brain went into overdrive about it & I thought… this is not going to help anything… need to slow this train :bullettrain_side: down before I’m in an overthinking whirlwind :tornado:

Since I guess Mother Nature is also trying to figure out what she wants to do today… we’ve gone from Bright & Sunny :sun: to Cloudy :cloud: with some sprinkles & back to the sun :sun: to clouds :cloud:… I decided… time to reset my day :hugs:

Honestly, it’s been a little over a week since I have done any kind of… intentional? meditation… not sure that is the right word for it… but I decided I needed to do a guided meditation :woman_in_lotus_position: & kind of start with some sort of grounding today… So I chose: Grounding Mindfulness Meditation: Spells8… I always love :heartpulse: these guided meditations… the woman’s voice is, I don’t know, I just love :heart: it :heart_eyes:

It helped! I feel better :blush: & I have been able to be more mindful about my breath since then & staying present. Goodness knows, my mind wanders & takes more left & right turns & winds up way off the beaten path… A LOT… so it’s a good reminder to bring me back.

I also realized that I don’t have to do all the things in one day today… Honestly, it really feels like I need another day to kind of rest, not necessarily sleep & lay in bed… just a day to kind of be & take it easy while I can today. Enjoy the smaller things & not worry about things or all the things that pop into my head *(which on any given day in any given moment can be just about anything. I honestly amaze myself sometimes with the places my mind will go to over something really…trivial. That realization doesn’t come until later, but I find myself going, ‘How did this… lead to this? At all… how did you go there?’)

After 3:30 PM this afternoon… I’m going to have most of the family here with me through the weekend, so enjoy the time I do have now. :wink:

13 Likes