Happy Pride Month! šŸ³ļøā€šŸŒˆ

A warm welcome to all!

The days have slipped away from me- itā€™s already June! :astonished: I was a bit preoccupied with a dreaded dentist appointment yesterday, but my partner reminded me this morning that it is a very important month :spiral_calendar: .

FP94
[Gif from Gifer]

From across the world, wishing you all a very happy and blessed Pride Month! :rainbow_flag: :heart:

For those who do not know, the month of June is celebrated in some places as Pride Month- a time to honor the LGBT+ community.

Depending on where you are in the world, expect to see various businesses and profiles donning rainbow colors, temporary logos, and pride-related decorations. Just go to Google, type in ā€˜pride monthā€™ and see what happens! :laughing:

05_magiclink
[Gif from Dribble]

Just like with magick- it is so important that everyone is free and safe to practice and be comfortable with who they are!

To all of the wonderful witches and folks in the Infinite Roots Coven- whether you are set in your sexuality, are still exploring your identity, or are an ally/a loved one of a member of the LGBT+ community- cheers to you! :partying_face:

:sparkles: :heart: :sparkles: :orange_heart: :sparkles: :yellow_heart: :sparkles: :green_heart: :sparkles: :blue_heart: :sparkles: :purple_heart: :sparkles:

Happy Pride and Blessed be! :sparkling_heart: :rainbow_flag:

33 Likes

Im hoping that the Pride festival is on this year in my city :heartpulse: they only started here in 2018 if you can believe that! I took my daughter to the two we have had and we had such an amazing time :heartpulse: but it was cancelled last year because of the pandemic :heartpulse: Happy Pride Month :heartpulse:

14 Likes

Iā€™m taking pride for this!!! Happy pride month!! Thereā€™s a parade in NYC and itā€™s so crazy fun!!! I met so many great souls and theyā€™re all beautiful!!! I do hope itā€™s on for this year here too @Liisa it would be a shame to miss!!

13 Likes

Happy Pride Month! :rainbow_flag:
I was going to say this on Facebook, but I think it would start an argument with some of my family members, so Iā€™ll say it hereā€”Iā€™m ace or asexual.
:black_heart::white_heart::purple_heart:
Itā€™s taken almost 32-years-old (my birthday is August 26) to figure this out.
Two years ago, I told my parents and sisters that I think Iā€™m ace, but they donā€™t/wonā€™t believe me. They just say that I just havenā€™t ā€œmet ā€œthe right person yetā€ or that Iā€™m still healing from a break up. :confused:
I know that being ace is completely normal, but sometimes Iā€™ll read comments about aceā€™s on Facebook or Twitter (which I really, really need to delete) saying, ā€œAre you even human?ā€ ā€œYou just canā€™t find a partner.ā€
No matter where Iā€™ve been in my life or what my state of mind is, sex is just something that Iā€™ve always had little to no interest in.
I canā€™t say why I feel this way for sure.
Itā€™s just the way I am.

18 Likes

@Kasandra Congrats for figuring out your asexuality and owning it so beautifully! We all have the right for defining ourselves, and others questioning that definition are making complete fools out of themselves thinking they know us better than we do. The arrogance, right? If they canā€™t accept you as you are, theyā€™re not worth your time, and theyā€™re throwing out a chance to know the wonderful person you are because of their own insecurities. Ace people are beautiful and valid, and we totally exist. I know, I am one and Iā€™m dating another :black_heart: :white_heart: :purple_heart:

Happy Pride Month everyone! :rainbow_flag:

12 Likes

Congrats for coming out as Ace. Itā€™s a difficult thing to do because others just donā€™t understand that youā€™re just not that interested. I always told my Mom Iā€™d rather marry my cat than a man. LOL.

12 Likes

I honestly donā€™t know what my sexuality is now? Iā€™ve been with both men and women in my life so I suppose at one point I was bisexual and my longest relationship was with a man, but for the last 10 years I just havenā€™t wanted to do anything with anyone regardless of gender? I donā€™t know if itā€™s an emotional block or if Iā€™m just not that into anyone anymore? I still fancy people and itā€™s an even mix of male and female but it never goes further than a crush :heart: I did recently fund out you can marry yourself though (not legally as such) so maybe Iā€™m the one? :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

14 Likes

Happy Pride month to everyone!!

:heart::orange_heart::yellow_heart::green_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart:

15 Likes

Lol @Liisa that last sentence literally made me stifle an LOL. Get it, girl! Get YOU, girl. :joy: youā€™re awesome.

A huge :clap:t2::clap:t2: to each of you who have recognized/come to terms/ā€œcome outā€ about your sexuality. Itā€™s so strange that anyone should need to do that, isnā€™t it? Itā€™s sexuality! Why would anyone need to explain that?! Anyway, youā€™re all wonderful, kind, brave and glorious souls. Happy Pride, babies! :rainbow_flag::rainbow_flag::rainbow_flag::rainbow_flag:

11 Likes

Hereā€™s to hoping that you and your daughter will be able to make your local pride festival this year, @Liisa! :rainbow_flag: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Learning about yourself is a life-long journey, and itā€™s absolutely okay if it takes time to discover what identity (or lack of an identity/ label) you feel most comfortable with. And life is full of changes and new discoveries- itā€™s all part of the adventure! :grin:

And yes! Now that you mention it, Iā€™ve seen a big rise in people who are, for various reasons, marrying themselves! :ring:

And same to you, @Christina4- Iā€™ve heard that NYC Pride is a huge festival and lots of fun! Hope you can make it if they are able to have it this year :partying_face: :heart:

Congrats to you, @Kasandra! :tada: :black_heart: :white_heart: :purple_heart: You know yourself better than anyone else- so listen to your heart and seek out places and people that support you being yourself :raised_hands: You have every right to be proud of the wonderful person you are!

Beautifully said, @CelestiaMoon! :clap: Congrats to you and your partner- happy pride to both of you! :rainbow_flag: :two_hearts:

Hahaha hopefully your mother got the point! Youā€™re amazing @Amethyst, and you are a strong and successful person just as you are- thereā€™s no need to marry if thatā€™s not the path for you! :grin::+1:

Cheers to that, and well said @sarah29! :raised_hands: :heart:

12 Likes

Happy Pride Month everyone! I hope itā€™s a great month for everyone! :rainbow_flag:

13 Likes

With the recent post for this year in the forum, I thought that I would bring back a past post for Pride Month because itā€™s getting closer! :rainbow_flag: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

Hooray! :partying_face: Thanks for bringing this back, Siofra- I canā€™t believe June is in just a few days :grinning:

Happy Pride Month! :rainbow_flag: :sparkles:

9 Likes

:rainbow:Happy Pride Month!!!:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::kissing_heart::crazy_face:
Love my sweet friends who are so important to me and hope you all are enjoying the celebration :tada:
Jeannie

10 Likes

Happy first day of Pride Month 2022 to the Infinite Roots coven! :rainbow_flag:

Last week, I learned that one of my relatives, who I rarely see or talk to, made a comment that Iā€™m a scary person for having little to no interest in any sexual activity. Iā€™m ace, by the way, for those who are new to the forum.

Ugh. Iā€™m not even going to bother. If it were the other way, Iā€™d probably get comments like, ā€œSheā€™s such a sl*t!ā€ :unamused:

But anyway, with all of the anti-LGBTQ+ rhetoric and bills that have been passed this year, please be safe! And have a fabulous month!

10 Likes

Happy Pride!! :rainbow_flag: :transgender_flag:

9 Likes

:rainbow: Happy Pride Month! :rainbow:

:rainbow_flag:

:heart: :orange_heart: :yellow_heart: :green_heart: :blue_heart: :purple_heart: :brown_heart: :black_heart: :white_heart: :heart:

:butterfly:

9 Likes

Thank you! :heart:

10 Likes

@Kasandra I really canā€™t fathom that someone thought you were scary for being ace- some people just jump right to terror and fear whenever they encounter something they arenā€™t familiar with :sweat_smile:. Sorry you had to deal with that, Kasandra :people_hugging: :heart:

And cheers to that- wishing everyone a safe and fun pride month! :partying_face: :rainbow_flag: :two_hearts:

10 Likes

Happy Pride everyone!!

I am bisexual and get told on a regular basis ā€œitā€™s just a phaseā€ or ā€œyou canā€™t be because you married a manā€. I used to argue with them but now I just shrug and walk away. I know who I am so thatā€™s all that matters, just so happens I feel in love with a man but I would love him if he was a woman/trans/gender fluid - itā€™s his soul I love.

@Kasandra, I agree with Bry that I donā€™t see why people would think you are scary just because you are ace. It just shows their ignorance.

@Amethyst If my husband and I ever divorce, Iā€™m not getting married again, lol, and he says he isnā€™t either. We werenā€™t planning to in the first place but his super religious mother wanted us to then she passed away unexpectedly. So as an honor to her memory we got married. But it is really just a piece of paper to us. We knew we were going to be together and were ā€œspiritually bondedā€ I guess you can say before that.

10 Likes