Has December Changed? 🎄 Collective Reading Touchbase 2021

November is over! For those of us here in the United States, we have survived Thanksgiving and we are now plunging into the festive Christmas season. With November behind us, let’s look back at the Collective Reading 2021 :flower_playing_cards: and see if there are new things coming to light for December. We are nearing the end of the year, so it will be interesting to see how things have played out for the entire year. Has anything changed for December? L

Let’s look back at November first and see if my Has November Changed? :owl: Collective Reading Touchbase was of any help.

The collective reading for November saw us looking at The Lovers. This card pointed to duality, love, and partnerships.

Any hesitation and hostility may finally be put to rest this month. The Lovers represents humble and open communication between people. This will allow for creative, honest expression as well as meaningful growth and connection with our fellow neighbors, both animal, spirit, and otherwise. There is a freedom to be vulnerable this month, and this may lead to meaningful change. When those of us who are most vulnerable and have the most to lose can be honest with ourselves and those around us, we may break through barriers and come to be at peace with one another.

Our touchbase saw us looking at three more cards: The Two of Pentacles Reversed, The Four of Rods, and the Queen of Swords.

Usually, The Lovers is all about relationships (mostly romantic but not always). I am taking the three extra cards as signs to take it slow with the open communication and honesty. We can be vulnerable with everyone, we can be honest with everyone, but right now it isn’t everyone that needs your attention. Focus your attention on those closest to you this month rather than every acquaintance or friend you think you’ve been neglecting. Even juggling too many friendships or relationships all at once can stretch you thin. Be kind to yourself and realize that even you need the grace of slow socialization.

November in the United States begins the holiday season rush to before Christmas. It is also the month of my birthday :partying_face: and I turned 30! Anyway, I think November turned out well (in my case, anyway). It was a good reminder going into the holiday season that not everyone needs my attention, nor can I give my attention to everyone all at once. We had a slow Thanksgiving and then we spent the last weekend of November in the Ocala National Forest camping :camping:

How do you feel about the November touch base reading? Did it make sense for you? I know there are many people here from all over the world and I have a limited perspective here in Florida, USA. I’d love to hear your opinions!

:christmas_tree: This month, we’re looking at December!

As a reminder, this is the card I pulled for December in the collective reading.

December: The Seven of Pentacles

This card isn’t very colorful, but the meaning for the end of the year gives me hope. Overall, the Seven of Pentacles points to long-term goals, perseverance, and sustainability. We as a collective have made great strides through 2021 and we have the capacity to see into the future. Our results this year will prove to be sustainable and hold up against the test of time, and we can only hope as to what 2022 will hold.

Looking at this card, I pulled three more cards to reflect on and give us a glimpse into the month.

Robert Hanson Deck

:sob: oh no all the cards are reversed :sob:

:racehorse: The Chariot Reversed :: → Talk about a lack of direction! The Chariot reversed pulls us down and tells us that we have no control over where we’re going right now. The lack of direction we may feel can be a direct consequence of our lack of willpower or aggression. This card basically tells us we currently have no focus and that’s making us feel powerless.

:corn: The Empress Reversed :: → To back up The Chariot reversed, The Empress reversed makes us feel empty. Rather than having an abundance, or an over-abundance, we may experience a complete lack of growth in our lives. This could be due to many factors, but the most common one is that we’ve placed too much emphasis on the lives of others and not given ourselves and our own people the time they need.

:wine_glass: The Knight of Cups Reversed :: → Coming at the end, the Knight of Cups Reversed is a card that reminds me of a hormonal teenager. They let their emotions rule absolutely everything they do! This leads to moodiness, outbursts, and sometimes the inability to take action because of their emotions. Of course, this is all something we want to avoid, and the Knight of Cups Reversed doesn’t care about the bigger picture. Hasty decisions are usually made – and usually regretted later.

Just as a reminder…

:star: The Card of the Year: The Father of Pentacles, Reversed

• obsession with gaining wealth, money, or status
  • having money and blowing through it quickly

:star: Goals of 2021: The Son of Wands

• fighting for equitable change
  • inspired action fueled by passion and inspiration

:star: Obstacles of 2021: The Empress

• too much of a good thing can turn those good things bad
  • an over-abundance of all things that help people grow

Putting it together…

So…that’s the end of the year! The three cards I pulled to compliment the Seven of Pentacles made me make an audible gasp when I pulled them because why are they all reversed?! And two Major Arcana cards?! Anyway, it looks like December may be taking a turn for the worse if we let ourselves get caught up in our emotions and the lives of other people. What I’m gathering from the Seven of Pentacles and these cards together is that we have to make these changes quickly – focusing on ourselves and our people first, not being selfish, and keeping our emotions in check – or we could end up running ourselves ragged and regretting our decisions later.

What is interesting to me is that The Empress Reversed is coming at the end of the year when our obstacles of 2021 were represented by The Empress in the upright position. This could indicate a change for us, that we’re beginning the process of overcoming the obstacle or that we have already done so. I guess we’ll have to see where everything takes us in 2022, so look forward to that collective reading at the end of December!

What do you think? Do you have any insight to share from November’s reading? And how do you think December is going to go? If you want to do your own reading for the new month, you can find a spread I created over on my website.

10 Likes

Honestly, as tumultuous as my November was, it was also my birthday month :partying_face: but the reading & additional cards including other synchronicities surrounding events… completely makes sense for me.

It also coincides with the runes I have drawn each day over the last week or so & their meanings. So it seems that things are doing what they are supposed to for me, despite how those things manifest. I think it was a month of learning to not go with a knee-jerk reaction & be able to look at all sides of things whether that is with myself, a situation, or something otherwise. :blush:

6 Likes

That’s a really interesting observation… looking back now, one of the biggest challenges of the year finally came to closure over the past few days with me being able to return home for the first time in a long time. I wonder if there are other challenges that will be put to rest in the coming days too? :thinking: Definitely something good to keep in mind! :blush:

I love these touch bases, @MeganB- you do such a great job of breaking the cards down and tying them all into the overlying message. They are a delight to read- thank you for sharing them! :heart:

Wishing everyone a happy and blessed December! :tada:

4 Likes

I can’t wait to go back through the entire reading at the end of the year and see how everything has come together! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I’m so happy that you’ve been able to travel and see family! :partying_face:

3 Likes

Thank you, Megan! :heart: Gosh, it was basically two years in the making before the trip finally came together. It’s just for a bit, but it is nice to be back home :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

That’s going to be quite the exploration of the cards- I’m looking forward to reading it! :flower_playing_cards: :star_struck:

3 Likes