Collective Reading 2021 🎴

Okay, everyone, are we ready for the New Year? Let’s count down…

3…2…1…

Round Two…

I know that is probably how we all feel. We don’t live in a bubble, and we know that just because a new year starts doesn’t mean all the troubles from 2020 will suddenly be gone. We are here to take a look at what 2021 might have in store for the world.

Keep in mind this is a collective reading, so some ideas and topics may apply to you personally and some may not. I don’t do these readings with a specific country or region in mind. I keep the entire planet in mind. What resonates in one area may not resonate in another.

If you would like a recap of the 2020 reading, you can check that out here.

:sparkles::sparkles::sparkles::sparkles::sparkles::sparkles::sparkles::sparkles::sparkles:

If you are not familiar with how this reading works, let me break it down for you. This is a spread that I created to give you a general outlook of a full twelve-month period. It contains 15 different cards and they are as follows: one for each month of the year, a theme card, a goals card, and an obstacles card. If you would like to check out the spread and read the cards for yourself, you can click here to grab a copy.

Image is a selenite tower sitting on top of The Wild Uknown Tarot

As I said before, this is a collective reading. Some people do not feel like collective readings are accurate or worth doing. I, however, find them useful in the right circumstance. As a collective reading, the cards will give us value in seeing the bigger picture. In this case, the card for one month may not apply to you at all and that’s okay. For example, if the Death card shows up as a theme for the month of June, it does not mean that every single person will experience a loss and be open to new opportunities. It could mean that in a particular country or region, they experience a period of time where the old is dying out to make way for the new. This could be political, this could be figuratively, and this could even be ecological disasters. It all varies, so keep that in mind as you read on.

:sparkles::sparkles::sparkles::sparkles::sparkles::sparkles::sparkles::sparkles::sparkles:

Let’s get into it, shall we? For this reading, I chose The Wild Unknown deck because, well, 2020 was wild and we’re moving into the unknown. It just fits.

The Card of the Year: The Father of Pentacles, Reversed

There is a saying that says money is the root of all evil. The theme for 2021 appears to revolve around wealth in all its forms. There may be an obsession with gaining wealth, money, or status. It could also point to having money and blowing through it quickly. The Reversed Father of Pentacles also points to someone who is rigid in their ways. They are stubborn and immovable, regardless of how hard others push them to be flexible and malleable. The year 2021 points to a desire of some to stay the same. These people will push back against those who are looking to make the world a better and more equitable place. This fits with the themes that we saw play out in 2020 with Black Lives Matter and the idea of “Eating the Rich”.

Goals of 2021: The Son of Wands

The energy and passion of many fighting for equitable change in 2020 will be carried through into 2021. The Son of Wands represents inspired action fueled by passion and inspiration. The seeds of change have already been planted, but now it is up to the people of the world to continue cultivating that growth, spreading knowledge, and making way for the passion-fueled change to take place. We know the energy and inspiration is there and now the leaps and bounds just need to be made.

Obstacles of 2021: The Empress

In all her beauty, The Empress represents many things but the most notable is abundance. This is an interesting card to have as an obstacle because we don’t typically think of abundance as being a bad thing. However, too much of a good thing can turn those good things bad. The Empress doesn’t just stand for having enough. She has plenty, an over-abundance of all things that help people grow. As an obstacle, I fear she may play right into the hands of the rich and well-off. These are the people who can bring about inspired change on a large scale. If these people are comfortable where they are in their abundance (I’m looking at you, Jeff Bezos) and unwilling to change, the resistance to the inspired action, even though driven by passion, will be large.

January 2021: The Five of Pentacles

As the rose wilts and the pentacles hang high above, we are reminded of how lonely life can be. The rose is on its own and isolation and worry take hold. This could mean a peak in COVID cases during the beginning of the year, leading to more lockdowns, isolation, and worry as we all try to navigate the ever-changing climate of the pandemic.

February 2021: The Ace of Wands Reversed

Things are delayed this month, but we don’t know what those things are yet. The Ace of Wands Reversed points to ideas and inspiration slowly growing and emerging but not taking full form yet. There could be a delay in the ability for these ideas to take shape and it may cause some frustration.

March 2021: Mother of Pentacles

The Mother of Pentacles in The Wild Unknown deck sees us looking at a loving doe with her faun. She represents an abundance of nurturing and caring energy, but the pentacle gives an added meaning of financial security. This month we could see the stocks rise, people are going back to work, or the people of the world are seeing the financial support they need to survive, wherever that may come from.

April 2021: The Ten of Wands

The Ten of Wands points to being overloaded and extra burdens. The wands in this card are scattered across a dark background, showing that the burdens you carry are not just your own but they blend in with everything else, too. However, this is also a card of completion. The burdens we are all carrying, the stress and worry, may finally start to dissipate. The extra work we’ve all been doing is paying off and we are finally seeing an end to our worries.

May 2021: The Two of Pentacles Reversed

The butterfly in the Two of Pentacles Reversed hangs upside down. This card calls on us to get our priorities straight. There may be something going on in May that causes a lot of disorganization and hyperfocus in one area. We will need to think about what is important to us and how it affects our lives as well as the lives of those around us. Since pentacles involve wealth, stability, and the material world, I imagine this may involve a larger focus on the redistribution of wealth in the world. It may mean that we are focusing too much on who has an overabundance while ignoring that the overabundance of others has real-world effects on those in poverty.

June 2021: The Moon

Feeding off the last month, The Moon will cause us to confront our shadows. We will come face-to-face with our fears and learn to trust our intuition. Many people may have a spiritual awakening during this time, coming to realize what is important to them. The Moon is shrouded in mystery, and so too are the stresses, worries, and fears of most people. It could also point to many people being trapped in an illusion of security. Something could be going on behind the scenes that only a few people know about.

July 2021: Ace of Pentacles Reversed

Something will go missing this month. This will be due to a lack of planning and future-preparation and an opportunity will be missed. This could lead to money being lost, wealth in one form or another, or career opportunities. I’m inclined to think we may see an increase in the total number of unemployed this month due to circumstances that may have been hidden in The Moon.

August 2021: The Four of Wands

Joy and celebration will be abundant in August. The Four of Wands points to celebration, happiness, joy, and jubilation. Something great will happen that warrants celebration from all walks of life. After the secrecy and sadness of June and July, I can’t even begin to speculate what this may mean. I’m hopeful that this could point to widespread vaccine use or a full month with no deaths due to COVID.

September: The Mother of Swords Reversed

Emotions will cloud judgment this month. To what end? I don’t know. When emotions weigh heavily this month, perceptions could be distorted and it can create a path for poor decisions to be made. We must remember to lead with our heads and be rational while keeping our emotions from taking over.

October: The World Reversed

The focus may be lost this month and large goals that are in motion can be delayed. Instead of focusing on the future and the big picture, ideas, and events from the past come forward and take center stage. This may lead to goals, no matter how large, being put off for another month to whatever detriment. I get the sense that many people will not be happy about this.

November: The Lovers

Any hesitation and hostility may finally be put to rest this month. The Lovers represents humble and open communication between people. This will allow for creative, honest expression as well as meaningful growth and connection with our fellow neighbors, both animal, spirit, and otherwise. There is a freedom to be vulnerable this month, and this may lead to meaningful change. When those of us who are most vulnerable and have the most to lose can be honest with ourselves and those around us, we may break through barriers and come to be at peace with one another.

December: The Seven of Pentacles

This card isn’t very colorful, but the meaning for the end of the year gives me hope. Overall, the Seven of Pentacles points to long-term goals, perseverance, and sustainability. We as a collective have made great strides through 2021 and we have the capacity to see into the future. Our results this year will prove to be sustainable and hold up against the test of time, and we can only hope as to what 2022 will hold.

I hope this collective reading makes sense for you. I plan to revisit it every month with a monthly reading and see if anything is set to change. These collective readings on a yearly basis are difficult to pinpoint because even the smallest change can have lasting impacts. I know this reading focused heavily on the pandemic and the state of the world, but that is the unfortunate reality that we are living in. I am hopeful for the future, though, and I can’t wait to see how the year ends up.

Let me know what you think is coming to 2021 and if you have any possible different interpretations. I would love to hear what you have to say, too.

If you want to get a yearly reading done for yourself, I offer them in my shop. They are currently on sale and include a breakdown like you see here plus a lot of photographs and an overall explanation.

9 Likes

Ohhhh I was really looking forward to this- how exciting to see the cards! :heart_eyes: It looks like it’s not a complete reversal of 2020, but as you said- it’s not like the virus will vanish on Jan 1st (Although I wish it would!).

There are some bumps ahead, but some good cards too- and it looks like next year will end on a positive note!

Thanks so much for taking the time to put this reading together and for sharing all of your insight and wisdom, @MeganB- it was a pleasure to read! :blush:

Cheers to 2021- may it bring us all many blessings! :clinking_glasses::pray:

3 Likes

You’re welcome! I physically breathed a sigh of relief when I pulled some of these cards :sweat_smile: it doesn’t look like the year is going to be as intense as 2020 but we can only wait and see!

Something different that I plan on doing this year with the collective reading is a monthly reading before every new month to see if there’s anything specific we should pay attention to, if anything changed, or if there are any new developments. I think that could help us get a bit more specific. It can even be done on a personal level if anyone wants to read for themselves monthly in conjunction with this collective reading :heart:

4 Likes

I don’t know that I could do a yearly or monthly reading. I have enough trouble with my 4 Card and weekly readings! My brain would get jumbled.

Thank you for putting together this reading! It feels like 2021 is going to be the calm AFTER the storm with not so many hills to climb. 2020 has felt like the neverending year with all of the tumultuous things going on and the pandemic lingering over everyone.

5 Likes

The running joke in a few of my circles is that 2020 has been nothing but March. We’ve been stuck in an endless loop with things just getting worse :sweat_smile: we’re all hoping that 2021 starts to ascend from the darkness.

5 Likes

It’s true it’s just like the movie Groundhog Day but the happenings continue to change and periodically get worse then it all starts over again. 2021 needs to have some healing in there maybe some hugs and a lot of comfort.

4 Likes

I love this idea! It gives me the image of a newsletter for things yet to happen :star_struck::crystal_ball:

I’ll be following along closely to hear what your cards have to say for each of the months as we move into the new year :grin::two_hearts:

This is the perfect analogy, Krissie! :laughing: Some days it really does feel like we’ve just been stuck in a neverending March, unable to move forward or back. Which I guess is why sometimes it feels like the year flew by- my brain is 7 months behind! :joy:

Can’t wait for 2021 and what it has in store for us- hopefully many blessings to come! :pray:

4 Likes