Hello all.....Hereditary here

My name is Nick. I’m what’s known as a hereditary witch ie I was born this way. I’m not saying its a bad thing by any means. It’s certainly proven to be interesting. At the risk of sounding haute, I’ve never really had to look up a spell or how to do anything. It’s all come very natural to me. As I’ve gotten older I’ve become more capable in what I can do. Strangely enough, all of my workings follow the path of the old ways and I hold those traditions close to my heart. I’ve known very early on in life that I was a little different. I think I was about 4 years old when I felt as though I wasn’t like others. I was 6 when I did my first reading which was just me mimicking my mom. I’m now 45 years old and quite a bit has changed. I hope that with what I’ve learned and experienced in my life can help anyone who needs it. If anyone wishes to reach out and ask me anything or just wants to say hi, I’d like that

10 Likes

Hello and welcome @nicholas7 to Spells 8 :infinite_roots:

I’m Marsha from Colorado and I am an eclectic witch. I don’t think I’m a hereditary witch but I’ve known since I was very young too. When I was in grade school, I knew I was different and for many years all I wanted to do was be ‘normal’ like everyone else. But, over the years I have learned that I am ‘unique’ and I’m so glad I’m different. :rofl:

It’s so nice to meet you and I’m glad you have joined us. There are lots of helpful people here, so if you have any questions, just ask, Q&A

I’m looking forward to getting to know you better.

With love :heart: and Magick :magic_wand: :dizzy:

5 Likes

Welcome! I’m Ailey from Georgia! Im eager to hear about your experiences! Welcome to the forum!

6 Likes

Hi @nicholas7! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

Wow, you must have such a unique way of looking at magic, I envy you! I’m an Eclectic Wiccan myself who has been reading for a long time but only really doing it for about two years. I’ve learned a lot here and I look forward to learning from you too!

If you have any questions about anything, just ask and someone will pop up to help you out.

Blessed be!

6 Likes

Hi Nick,
Welcome to the coven and group. I’m still relatively new to this group but was struck by your comments about being a hereditary witch. I have felt different my whole life as well and I am also deeply drawn to the old ways but I never knew why or what to call it until only a year ago. I’m wondering if you would be willing to share a few more examples of what made you able to so clearly identify what you are at such an early age. I do envy you.

We’re very happy to have you with us. You’ll find much diversity here. I myself am a non-secular green witch and am very drawn to Celtic witchcraft.

• Satu
6 Likes

Hello and welcome @nicholas7! I’m Angela and I’m new here as well. It’s nice to meet you. There are lots of friendly and helpful people here. I look forward to hearing more about your experiences. :magic_wand: :crystal_ball:

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum @nicholas7 I’m from Cape Cod & not really sure what label to give myself as of late, so I’m going without one for the time being :joy: I’ve known I was different & drawn to the old ways & just different my entire life as well. Normal never crossed my mind when trying to describe myself in any capacity at any given time in my life :rofl:

I’m currently learning about energy work, more specifically chakras & their history, their uses, etc… the whole shebang really. So far I have made it to the Sacral Chakra over the last 3 weeks of the Main 7. However, i have learned or researched many other topics & practice in my own way that works for me :hugs:

Tomorrow starts a new weekly challenge & at the end, you earn a new badge to display next to your name in the forum or collect them as you can! Totally up to you how you use them here & so much fun to earn :smiling_face:

4 Likes

Hello Nick @nicholas7 :blush:

Merry meet and welcome to the forum- thank you for taking the time to share your lovely introduction! It sounds like your magickal talents have been flourishing ever since you were little, I think it’s safe to say that you were born for magick! :sparkles::grinning:

Others have already shared some helpful tips, so just want to let you know that you are warmly invited to join any and all of the Forum Activities that call to you. There is a full list of happenings shared each Monday in the Merry Meet Monday News post- if you haven’t already seen it, here is this week’s MMM :newspaper:

Please make yourself at home here and don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions! Your coven is here to help (or just chat!) :infinite_roots:

Blessed be!

3 Likes

Oh, cool! I think you are the first hereditary witch I have met. I was fascinated by your story and I would be interested to hear more about your experience growing up, if you feel like sharing sometime. I can’t imagine doing a reading at six! Although I did have a reading done by a little girl once - I think she was 10 or 12 – and she was very good at it. But six! Wow! Amazing!

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.