Merry Meet Monday - Magick News of the Week! May 30 - Jun 5 🕯

Merry Meet !

Welcome to your weekly update about what’s happening in both the forum and the witchy world at large :mage:

Here’s the news for this week:

Upcoming Events :spiral_calendar:

Mark your calendars so you don’t miss out on these one-day-only events!

[ [ Moon Phase: New Moon :new_moon: ] ]

Look to the skies! Early morning today, Monday, May 30th, as well as in the skies tonight, we are blessed by the presence of the New Moon (sometimes called the Dark Moon ). The exact time of the peak phase will vary according to your location.

New-Moon-Spells

While many witches see the New Moon as a time of rest and reflection, others choose to cast magick specific to this phase of the moon cycle. You can learn more about the symbolism of the New Moon in Moon Magic: New Moon :new_moon:

New-Moon-Ritual-Ideas

Additionally, the New Moon Spells and Rituals Page has more information and a list of recommended spells for this special time :new_moon:

You can find the current moon phase for your location as well as a daily lunar spell on the Spells8 Lunar Spell Page :sparkles:

[ [ Group Ritual : Together with Your Coven :infinite_roots: ] ]

Join in for a shared group ritual meditation and coven chat on Thursday, June 2nd - this activity is open to all active coven members :tea:

Spells8 Group Tea Ritual Beltane Spring Summer

• The group meditation ritual has step-by-step instructions that you can join in on your own schedule at any time during the day

Group meditation rituals are held every Thursday. Feel free to visit last week’s group ritual to get an idea about what to expect.

Please note that group rituals are hosted in A Sacred Space - you must be logged into your active Spells8 account to access the ritual.

Don’t have an account yet? No worries! You can join Spells8 here :sparkles:

[ [ Freebie Friday - Free Readings :flower_playing_cards: ] ]

Have a burning question on your mind? Seeking some guidance for how to best approach a problem? :thinking:

This is your chance to find some answers, as the talented @MeganB is kindly offering free readings via oracle cards! :crystal_ball:

Picture from Pexels

The next Freebie Friday post will be Friday, June 3rd . For more information and to get an idea about what to expect, check out last week’s Freebie Friday :tada:

[ [ Other Events of Interest :mag: ] ]

A collection of curious (and perhaps conversation-starting!) events coming up this week that may or may not be witchy-related:

:spiral_calendar: For more witchy and pagan holidays in the near future, check out the 2022 Pagan Holiday Calendar and the Spells8 Email Newsletter

Ongoing Activities :raised_hands:

These activities are open to enjoy whenever you’d like- join in anytime before their deadlines!

[ [ Weekly Witchy Challenge :trophy: ] ]

Every week, a challenge is presented to all members of the forum to explore new areas of magick and bring out the best of everyone’s diverse talents.

The theme for this week is: Aromatic Magick :nose:

Spells8 CHALLENGE images

This challenge will close on Tuesday, May 31st at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time)

After this time a Props and Presents post will appear to give recognition and prizes to all participants :gift:. A brand new challenge will arrive on Wednesday for all challenge enthusiasts.

Are you ready? Join the current challenge here: Weekly Witchy Challenge - Smells Like Magick :nose:

[ [ Spells8 Book Club :books: ] ]

The Seventeenth Session of Blook Club has come to an end- thank you to everyone who participated! :blush:

If you haven’t done so already, please feel free to share and swap your book reviews in the new discussion thread:

:memo: Spells8 Book Club XVII - Readers’ Reviews!

The next reading session of Book Club will begin on Friday, June 3rd - so pick out a fun witchy book to read and let your coven know what you’ll be reading at that time!

More information about the book club and how to join can be found in Book Club F.A.Q and Introduction .

Happy Reading! :open_book:

[ [ Energy Exchange Circle :hugs: ] ]

Do you have a little extra love to share and are looking for ways to help out a fellow coven member? Or perhaps you’ve fallen on hard times and could use some positive vibes your way?

Spells8 Energy Exchange Circle

The Energy Exchange Circle is a great way to support and show love to coven members going through hard times. To do a good deed and show you care, consider leaving a note of support in the current thread:

More information about the coven’s wholesome energy exchange can be found in the Energy Exchange Wiki .

This month’s Energy Exchange Circle will end on Tuesday, May 31st .

Thanks for spreading the love! :heart:

[ [ Your Daily Oracle :angel: ] ]

Are you looking for a bit of higher guidance to help you out today? This collection of daily oracle card (as well as tarot and rune) readings is available for you to access and read thanks to the generosity of the coven :pray:

Spells8 Forum Daily Oracle Card Draws

Visit: April, May, June 2022 Oracle/Tarot/Rune Draws to enjoy a daily oracle message or share your own! :sparkles:

Please note that this oracle discussion will close on Thursday, June 30th .

[ [ A Dose of Inspiration :sunrise: ] ]

Positive affirmations and uplifting inspirations can be found in this communal collection!

From quotes to sayings, poetry and more- here is the place to brighten up your day thanks to the words of the coven :infinite_roots:

coven inspiration

Visit April, May, June 2022 Affirmations, Quotes, & Sayings to be inspired by the words of others- or share your own! :blush:

Please be aware that this discussion will close on Thursday, June 30th .

[ [ Tending the Flame :fire: ] ]

Stop by the fire and tend the flame with your coven- this ongoing discussion invites all to come in, relax, and pick up a bit of motivation and support for the day.

Share a picture of your own flames or simply enjoy the lights of the coven! :candle:

Tending Brigid Brighid's Flame Spells8

Visit the discussion and Help Tend Brighid’s Flame :fire:

The Brigid Flametender discussion remains open throughout the year- please feel free to enjoy this activity as often as you’d like!

New Members :wave:

Merry meet to all of the new members who joined the forum over the past week!

:infinite_roots: Welcome to the Forum and the Infinite Roots Coven! :infinite_roots:

@morgan17, @debby, @adriana5, @hope333, @lorie1, @caryn1, @evelyn2, @tara17, @keithin1, @eep, @catt, @jenavieve, @fiona4, @sarah61, @gomesthegreenwitch, @kia1, @asti, @ericaobrien4758, @danielle29, @nancy5, @liz2, @kine, @Fawn, @libby, @luna5, @tabatha1, @eyrun, @jasmin4, @stacey9, @morgan18, @natalia2, @marilyn1, @jill4, @michelle56, @WitchAngel111, @zetella, @tiana1, @ashley60, @heather63, @amanda69, @stacey10, @hilary, @beverly4, @rae, @darlene4, @kiana2, @lynda1, @asterialunanyx, @Joann152, @eva11, @leah12, @carrie5, @andrei, @crystal40, @annakya, @Keilana, @glow, @catherine9, @michelle57, @kirby, @alexis8, @chloe11, @cindy13, @sheridan3, @lucretia, @debra4, @betty3, @tate1, @tobias, @karen15, @Stephanie_lee_McCabe, @sarah62, @destiny6, @patrick, @meganne, @destinee2, @julene, @shyla1, @penny3, @alexus3, @kenneth2, @deanna13, @ashlee4, @heather64, @nathalie, @latasha1, @MommaBear, @megan28, @melissa42, @kameron, @jaka, @kirstie1, @nicholas7, @stephanie50, @sora, @lakisha2

If you haven’t done so already, please feel free to say hello to your new coven by creating a new topic in the Introductions Category . Consider sharing a bit about who you are and your journey into practicing magick :sparkles:

We would all love to give you a warm welcome to the forum family! :hugs:

Special Shout-Outs :loudspeaker:

:raised_hands: FORUM ACTIVITY

Every week, those who share the most posts and give the most hearts receive an Activity Shout-Out. The top posters and sharers this week are:

• @Amara- for sharing the most posts, on a two-week streak! :writing_hand:

• @Garnet- for giving out the most hearts over the past week :heart:

Thank you so much for sharing your wisdom and inspiration through posts and your love and support through hearts- your time here helping the coven is greatly appreciated! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Note : All those who receive Activity shout-outs for three weeks in a row are awarded the MMM Activity Badge . They will not be counted in Activity shout-outs again for a two-month rest period.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

And of course, a very big thank you to all members of Spells8 :infinite_roots:

Your contributions and love help to make this a welcoming and supportive place for solitary witches all around the world. Thanks for being here- Spells8 can’t exist without you! :sparkles:

Picture from Pixabay

The New Moon of May is here- will you be working moon magick or taking some time to rest and reflect? :new_moon_with_face:

Whether it’s magickal or mundane, feel free to share your current happenings or give a shout-out to your fellow coven members in the comments below!

Blessed be! :sparkles: :candle:

10 Likes

Shout out to @Amara and @Garnet! Whoot! You ladies rock!

For the New Moon, I did a Release the Past spell and it went very well this morning. I want to start this new month off right, you know what I mean? It felt good to let go of some of my past problems.

It’s Memorial Day here in the States so I’d like to take a moment to thank all those that have served in our armed forces. And their families, it’s got to be difficult for them to see their loved ones go off to fight.

Other than that, there’s not much going on this week. I don’t have any doctor’s appointments or anything like that, so that’s good. I’m hoping to get some writing done today. We’ll see.

Have a good Monday everyone!

11 Likes

@BryWisteria
Thanks once again, am happy to have this week shout out again :heartbeat::heartbeat: I feel on top of the Moon
Am looking forward to celebrating the national creativity day I already sign up for it and am also looking forward to this week challenge,

Although my partner is really and needs my time, too😔

8 Likes

The top posters and sharers this week are:

• @Amara- for sharing the most posts, on a two-week streak! :writing_hand:
  • @Garnet- for giving out the most hearts over the past week :heart:

Thank you so much Ladies for all you do, and congratulations :partying_face:
on your ‘Shiny New Badges’ :star2:
:heart:

11 Likes

Congratulations @amara and @Garnet! This is my first full week of summer vacation and my husband and I are trying to get our house back in order! 2 of 4 children are away traveling with their grandpa (who also lives with us) so my house; while still very full, is quieter than usual. We have already packed up about 4 big boxes to donate and I am nowhere near finished. Our house is so very cluttered! Looking forward to a lovely evening of kabobs in the grill and kids in the pool tonight!

9 Likes

Congratulations @amara :rose: and @Garnet :rose:! Great job sharing forum love :two_hearts:

I had a great visit with my son and his girlfriend last week. We did some neat things here so it was like a staycation for me. I plan on sharing some pictures in the forum this week. I got some cool goodies I will show off too!! :smiley:

I missed last week’s challenge since I had company, I just couldn’t do it. I have this weeks planned for today so I am excited about that. I have some reading to catch up on in the forum too :wink:

Most important for today: :us:
Thanks to all the armed :military_helmet: forces that have fought, lived and died for the freedom of others. Bless Be :two_hearts: to all those still fighting today for freedom and justice :balance_scale:
:candle:
:butterfly:

11 Likes

Congratulations for the 2 week streak @amara & for spreading the love :heart: through the week @Garnet! We appreciate all that you ladies do. :tada:

I’m still waiting for people to arrive from out of state, so parts of my week are a little up in the air. I do have 2 appointments tomorrow though in the afternoon.

I’ll be taking this week day by day, so if anyone feels they would like to help with Brighid’s Flame, please feel free to do so :hugs:

9 Likes

@Susurrus @marsha @Sarafeena_Sage @AileyGrey
Thanks everyone for the congrats :heartbeat::heartbeat:
Am blushing red now🤗

10 Likes

Update to MMM

This week’s group ritual post is now LIVE in the forum! You can find out more as well as ritual ingredients in the full post here:

6-3 Waxing Moon Crescent in Cancer Increase Emotion Heal

(Group Ritual - Jun 2) :ocean: Moon Magick: Rising Tides

The Waxing Moon is a time of increase and wish-setting, and it will find respite in the watery sign of Cancer later this week. The Crab of the Zodiac, whose ruling planet is the Moon herself, shows that this is a wonderful time to nurture positive emotions, encourage healing, and improve bonds with loved ones :heart:

Looking forward to the ritual with you all this Thursday!

Cheers, Infinite Roots! :coffee::waxing_crescent_moon: :sparkles:

8 Likes

Tomorrow is the official start to Hurricane Season and I have :sparkles: plans :sparkles: to go alone with the current waxing moon :waxing_crescent_moon: Hopefully it pans out and doesn’t storm like it did yesterday and I actually get to perform my ritual :laughing:

That sounds like it was much needed! I’m glad you’re feeling well this week!

Heyy, we did the kabobs and pool yesterday, too! How funny! :joy: I’m glad to hear that you and your husband are getting things back in order. I hope you enjoy your summer break!

I look forward to seeing what you have to share! :heart: And don’t worry, I missed last week’s challenge, too lol I’ll get it on another catch-up challenge and I’m sure you will too :blush:

One foot in front of the other :footprints:

7 Likes

It was! Thanks, love! I hope your week goes well too!

7 Likes

Congratulations @amara and @Garnet :tada::tada:

We had kabobs and water bottle sprinkle no pool :joy:@Amethyst and @AileyGrey

Gratitude to all who served

I’m really looking forward to this week! Perfect starting fresh with a new moon cycle :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes

Our pool time got cancelled due to an epic thunderstorm, but we will try again!

8 Likes

Our local pool is closed, no lifeguards. Again this year. Not that I’d go but that’s a bummer for kids.

7 Likes

Ohhhh that sounds amazing, Megan! :star_struck: I hope it all works out for you- please be safe, and I hope you have a great time with your ritual! :waxing_crescent_moon: :sparkles:

Oh wow! Sounds like storm season has already arrived in some place :cloud_with_lightning_and_rain: . I hope you’re able to reschedule your pool time for nicer weather! :sun_with_face:

4 Likes

It was great this morning! :sparkles: It’s the first time in a while that I’ve just felt right in a ritual space and felt the connection with what I was doing :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

Our pool is in our backyard… so, it’s not hard! We are super lucky ducks!

6 Likes

That’s awesome- sounds like you had a really lovely ritual! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: It is such a good feeling when everything just clicks into place and flows. Congrats to you! :heart:

Sounds like you are all ready for summer! Nothing like daily pool parties to beat the heat :sunglasses: :sweat_drops:

7 Likes

Good morning everyone, I still feel in the dumps but still working through things.

A shout out to @amara and @Garnet, way to go ladies.

Have a lovely weekend everyone.

5 Likes