Hello from Midland, TX

Hello! My name is Kati and I live in Midland, TX. I have been back and forth with the Wiccan path for about 20 years. Midland is a very conservative place, churches on every corner, so it it very hard to find a community. I have always known that I came from a long line of witches, but just recently decided to step into my power and claim my heritage. My mother’s side practiced, but my father’s side was very conservative and religious and witchcraft was considered evil. Due to my father we did not get to spend a lot of time with my mom’s family, but I wish so much that I had a chance to learn from them. Anyway, I’m so happy to be here and look forward to furthering my Wiccan knowledge.

10 Likes

I bet! Practicing Wicca in the south must be a real challenge sometimes. I am glad to meet you. Glad you are here. Welcome my new friend :heartpulse:

7 Likes

Hi @kati! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

I’m so glad you’re able to finally claim your heritage! This is a great place to start. We have a great Courses section that will get you started on your path and what you need to know.

If you have any questions just ask and someone will pop up and help you out. We’re pretty good at that. Also, check out yesterday’s Merry Meet Monday post. It will let you know what’s going on in the forum and help you jump into some activities so you can meet more people.

I look forward to getting to know you!

7 Likes

@kati Welcome, from Corpus Christi Texas. Happy to meet you. :smiley: I understand the challenges you face, as Corpus (although quite possibly not as conservative as Midland) is a location that has a hard time accepting others’ points of view and practices (although it is getting better with one eclectic pagan shop in town). The magickal community is small here, and barely visible. Prior to learning and joining here, I felt alone. You will find this is a great place with lots of love for its members as well as a wealth of knowledge! :books:

Glad you are here.

:heart:
~Athena

7 Likes

Hello and welcome from Virginia! That is so interesting that you have a heritage of witches. I just know you will love it here. It’s a friendly and fun community. I have learned so much!

5 Likes

Hey Kati, welcome! I’m Christine from Tennessee! There’s so much information here and many knowledgeable people to help you on your path!

6 Likes

For sure! A witch hunt would totally be acceptable to most people here! :grimacing: You have to be careful about who you talk to because it’s a very judgmental place and most people, although pretend to be tolerant, are only tolerant to what they feel is “right.” I appreciate the warm welcome and look forward to all the knowledge I will gain! :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

Thank y’all for the warm welcome! I can’t wait to learn more! So glad I stumbled across this page this morning! Much love and peace to you all!! :heart: :heart:

5 Likes

@kati Merry Meet! I’m Siofra from Cape Cod! But, I have lived in Dallas & Austin, TX. Then KY. So I understand the challenges. While Salem, MA is here, that doesn’t mean the further away you get from it the feelings don’t change. I do know of 3 other witches in this area though, so that’s something, we just don’t cross paths in a learning from each other kind of way. It’s more in passing through town. So I guess I’m kind of alone here too.

I do have a neighbor that we actually have a stone path that goes to the gate of their backyard so we can go visit or pass through. He was at my house 1 afternoon when we were having a fire & I was wearing a witchy sweatshirt. It had symbols & sigils on it, anyway, we have another neighbor that is called the witch. (She isn’t really but I could tell you some really interesting happenings & relationships she’s had over the years) So he’s telling me about how he knows a REAL witch like a REALLY REAL Witch. Since it wasn’t me that he was talking about i just stopped what I was doing & turned around to look at him. Threw something in the fire & just picked up where I left off. The conservatism & misconceptions on witches in this area is… dare I say it… CRAZY

Anywho, sorry for the rambling. I am happy to learn with you & to get to know you here in the forum. There is a lot of information so just search for a topic & there’s probably something that will come up with some great resources.

Everyone here is very friendly, helpful, & supportive. If you have any questions feel free to ask & someone will be with you as soon as they can with an answer or to point you in the right direction. :blush:

4 Likes

Hiya @kati,

A very warm welcome to you from Perth, Australia :koala: :kangaroo:.

So happy to have you here with us and that you have reached out to the coven.

I promise you that you have come to the right place. You will meet some of the most amazing people. I have been lucky enough to make some truly wonderful friends :hugs:.

If you ever have any questions, please just reach out here and someone will get back to you as soon as they can.

I truly wish that this path may help guide you to find happiness,!

May 2022 be filled with all of life’s happiness and blessings for you.

Looking forward to getting to know you and learning lots from you too :blush:.

Jess :black_cat:

5 Likes

Merry meet @kati! :blush:

Congrats to you for stepping into your power and following your heart- it is really freeing to accept your own spiritual beliefs and embark on your calling! :sparkles: I’m sorry you have some troubles where you live, but rest assured that you will find a very welcoming and supportive community here- we are blessed to meet you! :infinite_roots:

Others have shared some great resources and helpful links- know that you are warmly welcome to join Activities, such as the weekly challenge and group ritual (here is the post for this week’s ritual- just make sure you are logged in in order to access it!). Please make yourself at home here!

Looking forward to talking with you more soon- Blessed be, Kati! :sparkles:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.