Merry Meet Monday - Magick News of the Week! Jan 10 🌝

Merry Meet !

Here is your weekly update about exciting happenings in both the forum and the witchy world at large this week:

Upcoming Events :spiral_calendar:

Mark your calendars so you don’t miss out on these events!

[ [ Group Ritual : Together with Your Coven :infinite_roots: ] ]

Join in for a shared group ritual meditation and coven chat on Thursday, January 13th - this activity is open to all members of the forum :tea:

5560db479b61425a9c4ee5ae545a039867635a89

• The group meditation ritual has step-by-step instructions that you can join in on your own schedule at any time during the day

• If you’d like, there is a scheduled hour-long Zoom chat to do the ritual as a group as well as meet and greet fellow coven members

:grey_exclamation: The live Zoom call part of the group ritual has been canceled this week as one of the hosts has prior commitments. Please look forward to live meetings in the future!

Group meditation rituals and conversations are held every Thursday. Feel free to visit last week’s group ritual post to get an idea about what to expect.

Please note that group rituals are hosted in A Sacred Space - you must be logged into your Spells8 account to access the ritual.

Don’t have an account yet? No worries! You can join Spells8 here :sparkles:

[ [ Freebie Friday :flower_playing_cards: ] ]

Have a burning question on your mind? Seeking some guidance for how to best approach a problem? :thinking:

Now is your chance to find some answers, as the talented @MeganB is kindly offering free readings via tarot or oracle! :crystal_ball:

Picture from Pexels

The next Freebie Friday post will be Friday, January 14th . For more information and to get an idea about what to expect, check out the previous Freebie Friday :tada:

[ [ Moon Phase Heads Up! : Full Moon :full_moon: ] ]

Not this week but next, a beautiful full moon will bless the skies above on Monday, January 17th . The exact time of peak illumination will depend on your location.

Full-Wolf-Moon-Spell-Witchcraft-360x240

The full moon of January is called the Full Wolf Moon :full_moon:. This is a moon that calls for strength within the darkness of winter and is good time to draw on the energy, eundurance, and communal nature of the wolf :wolf:

Explore a special moon ritual and learn more about this moon on the Spells8 Full Wolf Moon Ritual Page .

Full-Moon-Magic-Spells-Witchcraft

While each moon has its own unique qualities, every full moon is a celebrated time where the energy of the moon is at its most powerful. Now is a wonderful time to charge, cleanse, and absorb the potent energies of the moon.

For additional full moon inspiration, visit What to Do During the Full Moon :full_moon_with_face:

You can find the current moon phase for your location as well as a daily lunar spell on the Spells8 Lunar Spell Page :sparkles:

[ [ Other Events of Interest :mag: ] ]

A collection of curious (and perhaps conversation-starting!) events coming up this week that may or may not be witchy-related:

:spiral_calendar: For more upcoming pagan events, you can check the 2021 Pagan Holiday Calendar, the list of Magical Days for Your Planner , and the Spells8 Email Newsletter .

Ongoing Activities :raised_hands:

Join these current activities any time before their deadlines

[ [ Weekly Witchy Challenge :trophy: ] ]

Every week, a challenge is presented to all members of the forum to explore new areas of magick and bring out the best of everyone’s diverse talents.

The theme for this week is: Magickal Offerings :open_hands:

Witchy Challenge Magickal Offerings

This challenge will close Tuesday, January 11th at 7:00 AM EST (Eastern Standard Time)

After this time a Props and Presents post will appear to give recognition and prizes to all participants :gift: And as always, a brand new challenge will arrive on Wednesday for all challenge enthusiasts.

Are you ready? Join the challenge here: Weekly Witchy Challenge - Making Magickal Offerings :open_hands:

[ [ Energy Exchange Circle :hugs: ] ]

Do you have a little extra love to share and are looking for ways to help out a fellow coven member? Or perhaps you’ve fallen on hard times and could use some positive vibes your way?

Spells8 Energy Exchange Circle

The Energy Exchange Circle is run by the warmhearted @praecog29 and is a great way to support and show love to coven members going through hard times. To do a good deed and show you care, consider leaving a note of support in the current thread:

More information about the coven’s wholesome energy exchange can be found in the Energy Exchange Wiki - 2021 .

Thanks for spreading the love! :heart:

[ [ Spells8 Book Club :books: ] ]

The Twelfth Session of Blook Club has come to an end- thank you to everyone who participated! :blush:

If you haven’t done so already, please feel free to share and swap your book reviews in the new discussion thread:

→ :memo: Spells8 Book Club XIII - Readers’ Reviews!

The next reading session of Book Club will begin on Friday, January 17th- so pick out a fun witchy book to read and let your coven know what you’ll be reading at that time!

More information about the book club and how to join can be found in Book Club F.A.Q and Introduction .

Happy Reading! :open_book:

New Members :wave:

Merry meet to all of the new members who have joined the forum over the past week!

:infinite_roots: Welcome to the Forum and the Infinite Roots Coven! :infinite_roots:

@angella, @chantelle1, @mary34, @trisha2, @lindseyp513, @CordeliaLepus, @victoria28, @jamie19, @nicolette, @katy2, @aimee_g, @andrea35, @Datura67, @lukas, @leah9, @tiffany28, @isaiah1, @marissa, @barbara7, @marisa3, @connie3, @Crusnikgurl, @AmandaZ-17, @tom, @adeana, @carlene2, @deidree, @morgan12, @danielle26, @cody1, @cassandra7, @isabella, @kharma, @nicole1, @monique, @porsha1, @desta, @Janae_Rochele, @julee, @MarnieAnn, @amy47, @samantha51, @alexandra13, @tanya9, @jennifer8, @samantha52, @lesley2, @nick2, @charity4, @randy, @erica17, @megan21, @lim, @alyssa9, @elizabeth24, @veronica, @tamara3, @Phoenix_Fire, @marta2, @cody2, @sabrina10, @Sapphire, @amanda5817, @flowing, @fabian1, @tiffany29, @makeda, @amy49

If you haven’t done so already, please feel free to say hello to your new coven by creating a new topic in the Introductions Category . Consider sharing a bit about who you are and your journey into practicing magick :sparkles:

We would all love to give you a warm welcome to the forum family! :hugs:

Special Shout-Outs :loudspeaker:

• Well done to @LadyAuld.ofChico for sharing the most posts in the forum over the last seven days! :writing_hand: Thank you for jumping in and sharing- your posts are a delight to read! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

• Hooray to @Debra2, who gave out the most hearts- on a three-week streak! :heart: You give out some much love, may that love come back to you three-fold! :raised_hands:

After a three-week streak at the top of the hearts pedestal, @Debra2 will receive a special badge for their contributions to the forums- woohoo! :confetti_ball::two_hearts:

Note : Those who have received shout-outs for three weeks in a row are awarded the MMM badge . They will not be counted in shout-outs again for a two-month rest period.

And of course, wishing a very hearty thank you to all members of the Spells8 coven :infinite_roots:.

Your contributions and love help to make this a welcoming and supportive place for solitary witches all around the world. Thanks for being here! :sparkles:

Photo by Julfran on Flickr

The moon is waxing towards fullness- what spellwork will you be working this week? :sparkles: Are you enjoying the seasonal weather where you are? :snowflake: :sun_with_face:

Whether it’s magickal or mundane, feel free to share your current happenings or give a shout-out to your fellow coven members in the comments below!

Blessed be! :full_moon_with_face: :heart:

15 Likes

Happy Monday everyone!

And a special shout out to the lovely and talented @LadyAuld.ofChico and @Debra2 for their hard work in supporting the forum this week!

I just got back from freezing my butt off at the doctors’ office with good news, the ulcer in my leg has gotten smaller. It’s taking forever but it’s getting there! So yay!

I’m making a big pot of chili to put some up in the freezer this week, that’ll be yummy and good for days like today when it’s cold. Other than that, I don’t have many plans this week. I’m reading a Yasmine Galenorn book right now, but I plan to start on a short book on shadow work after and then my next book club book. I’m gonna get some of my to-read list down eventually! LOL!

Have a good week everyone!

14 Likes

Congratulations @LadyAuld.ofChico :confetti_ball: & Awesome job & congratulations to @debra2! :tada: :partying_face:

We are definitely in the winter :cold_face: phase of the year right now :snowflake: so I am inside as much as possible. I don’t have anything of any interest going on but my daughter has a half-day at school tomorrow. My son will be home with me the latter half of the week because he took vacation time & then had to cancel the plans. So he is going to take a few days for himself according to him.

Other than that, not much going on here. I don’t have any appointments until later this month. :blush:

OH! I do have a spell to release & a letter & some other things, so I’m hoping to be able to have a small fire :fire: this week. Today is too windy, I’d never get 1 to start because of the way our fire pit is set up. So I’m for 1 day of no precipitation :cloud_with_rain: :cloud_with_snow: & much less wind. :wind_face:

13 Likes

Good Monday Morning everyone.

Thank you @Amethyst and @Susurrus for the congrats and a big congratulations to @LadyAuld.ofChico for all your posts in the forum.

@Amethyst so glad to hear things are starting to look better with the ulcer in your leg.
@Susurrus glad to hear things are all well with you.

Well, I don’t have many plans for this week, except staying indoors where it is warmer. Still, in the minus and with last week’s snowfall, we have about a good foot and a half in town but wish the wind would leave for some time.

12 Likes

Way to go!! @debra2 Congratulations on the special badge!

@BryWisteria and all, thank you for the shout out :blush: I found people who will listen to me talk about this part of my life, I guess I have a lot to get out :laughing:

Looking forward to all of the events this week. The Wolf Moon will be exceptionally fun together. Will miss the Zoom meeting, can’t wait for next week. I have a little protection spell I’d like to try out.

@MeganB Wasn’t able to tell you before the post closed - but your Freebie Friday Tarot you pulled for me was right on the money and what I needed to hear for my situation. So thank you very much!

I am so freezing!! I know that on Imbolc every year (in my part of the world) we are bursting into the Spring weather. The days are already growing to acceptable temperatures, today is 60F outside. SO! When I start to feel chilly to the bone I remind myself how close we are to Brighid’s Day and her warmth keeps me going :heart:

You guys are the best - Thank you for “getting” me

11 Likes

Thank you @LadyAuld.ofChico I was surprised that I had made it for three weeks in a row.

9 Likes

You have a lot of love in your heart to share!

10 Likes

Thank you @BryWisteria for my new badge, I’m so happy about this one. It’s Special.

8 Likes

This week, with the waxing moon and the beginning of the year, I am carving out time for working on my 2022 goals (about justice and health).

• On Monday, Neptune, the planet of intuition, sextiles in my sign of Pisces. This evening I will be focusing on my intuition, a strength area for me and a good focus for Moon Day. Maybe I can find a spell or ritual related to Neptune today.

• On Tuesday, I am going to focus on the idea of using my personal power to achieve my goals. I will be making a vision board this week. I am doing a manifestation ritual on 1/11.

• I got the wonderful news last week that the judge will appoint a lawyer for my son (he is basically imprisoned by adult guardianship). My family feels this is an answered prayer.

• On Thursday, I will continue to expand (ha ha) my work with Jupiter. I will be doing a justice spell on Thursday. I have found that wearing a crystal braclet to court helps me feel more confident. So I am going to make an amethyst bracelet to wear, because that corresponds with Jupiter. I have not cast a circle since maybe Samhain. I am looking forward to doing that again.

• Friday, I am in court, again! Being my own lawyer is pretty taxing. I find I usually need to decompress after. In alignment with Venus energy, I think I will be doing an evening of self-care – I’m thinking some hibiscus tea, pink candle, rose quartz and a light rom-com movie :slight_smile:

Whew, you know, until today, I never planned my magickal week in advance! That was so satisfying. I need to make this a thing in 2022!

11 Likes

Aww I’m glad to hear it was accurate! You’re very welcome :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

10 Likes

Thanks, @debra2, I appreciate the good thoughts!

Keep warm everyone!

9 Likes

@Amethyst Congrats on the good news from the doctor! :raised_hands: Ohhh I’m on my way for some of that chili- it’s such a great meal on chilly days! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: I hope your books are wonderful and that you enjoy working on your to-read list. Stay warm and have a great week, Amethyst! :heart:

@Susurrus Sounds like a relaxing time, Siofra- enjoy the quiet and nice time with your family! :blush: Wishing you all the best with your spell release and I hope the wind quiets down enough for you to be able to have a fire. Good luck and enjoy it! :sparkling_heart:

@Debra2 You are very welcome- the badge was well-deserved! Thank you for all the love and positivity you share, it is greatly appreciated :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I hope the wind eases off soon- stay warm and be well, Debra!

@LadyAuld.ofChico You are so welcome- many thanks back to you, it was a shout-out well-deserved! :two_hearts: The Wolf Moon is an exciting one- happy celebrations and wishing you all the best with your protection spell! :sparkles: Wow, 60F does sound like a dream- I just checked the temp here today and we are at 10F :sweat_smile: But you are right- spring is on the way and the warmer days of Imbolc will be here before we know it! :blush: We just need to hang in there! :muscle:

@mary25 Beautiful work on your goals, Mary- it looks like you’ve put a lot of thought and care into working through them! You have a busy yet also exciting week ahead with all your magickal plans. I’m cheering you on and I wish you all the best with your spellwork- feel free to check in from time to time and share how it’s all going for you! :heart:

Welcome to Tuesday, everyone! I hope the week so far has been good to all of you. Wishing everyone a blessed day! :sparkles:

11 Likes

Thanks, love! And the chili will be made Thursday so come on down! The Shadow Workbook was basically a book telling me all about the benefits of working with your shadow but nothing concrete about doing it. Sigh. Oh well, it was free so I’m not gonna complain. You stay warm too, my dear!

9 Likes

Mary25
Happy Tuesday to all! Moving out and cleaning up this place!
Sounds to me Mary you have a week of goals and objectives to accomplish! I noticed that you have been in court so I hope your justice spell will carry this to a place of content love. May you be blessed by the God and Goddess in all your affairs!
Jeannie

10 Likes

Good afternoon everyone
Hope you all have a great day.
I’m finally feeling much better and my cough is finally stopped.

7 Likes

Thank you so much, @Jeannie1 and good luck with your move! My sister is moving next week. I know it can be kind of stressful but a new place is exciting, too.

9 Likes

Glad to hear your cough is better, @debra2! Colds are the worst.

7 Likes

@Amethyst Ohhhh that is very tempting- I’m on my way for your tasty chili haha! :yum::curry: Ahhh I see- well, at least it was a free book! I hope your next book will be much better :blush: Thank you- same to you! :heart:

@Debra2 Glad to hear you’re feeling better, Debra! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

Thanks, @Amethyst, and @BryWisteria, yes the cough is much better, had to go on antibiotics though, said the congestion landed in the lungs and infected them. Two more days of antibiotics.

6 Likes