Hello from Washington State

My name is Traci. I have been on here for a couple of months now and have just been looking around the site for new info. I consider myself an Eclectic Solitary. I am also 5th Generation in my family and I have passed on to my adult daughter my ways of practicing. I am a proud doggie Momma to 2 Shih Tzu’s and am married to an amazing man. Since I grew up with a Mother who’s a witch it’s been in my life always. In my mid 30’s I stopped actively practicing. A few years ago I started easing back into it and the past 2 years I have come full circle and am active again. I love being able to talk to my daughter about spells. I love nature and am an avid hiker, backpacker and camper. Living in Washington State there is so much to do in the outdoors here and I love it. Currently working on my BOS again. Someone stole my original one that I had worked on for over 20 years. I’m always searching for more knowledge and am constantly evolving. I feel less stressed when I am active in my Craft.

11 Likes

Welcome to the forum @traci7! I’m Siofra_Strega a moderator here at Spells8 & from Cape Cod.

I’m so sorry you lost your BoS of 20 years. That makes me really sad that someone stole something like that from you. I hope you can rebuild & maybe find some of the original work that you had put into it. :people_hugging:

The courses are a great place for information if you haven’t found them already.

Do you have any interests? I work with crystals, divination (tarot, oracle, Elder Futhark runes, Witches runes, pendulum, Lithomancy), I’m currently working on my intuition or learning to keep it open. I had sort of put up a wall of sorts.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask! We are all very helpful & supportive so someone will be along to help you out. Also, if you have anything to share with us, feel free! Jump in on any open topic or start your own! We live to learn & try new things too!

I look forward to getting to know you! :infinite_roots:

8 Likes

Merry meet @traci7,

I’m Bry, a moderator here in the forum and a fellow Eclectic Witch- wishing you a very warm welcome! :blush:

You live in a place truly blessed with nature- and it sounds like you make the most of it! Hiking, backpacking and camping are all fun and really great ways to get out there and immerse yourself in nature :national_park: :sparkles: If you ever take any pictures, please feel free to share them- we all love a good scenery picture! :blush:

Please make yourself at home here in the forum- know that your new coven is a very friendly one! You are always welcome to jump into discussions, reach out with questions, or just pop in to say hello. We’re blessed to have you here!

Hope to talk with you more soon- Blessed be! :sparkles:

7 Likes

Welcome @traci7! :sparkles:

I’m Ashley, an eclectic witch from Wisconsin. I have two dogs as well - an American Foxhound and a Plott hound :dog: I’m also a fellow nature lover and would love to do some adventuring in Washington some day - the pictures I see are beautiful!

That’s awful about your BoS, but I’m so glad you it didn’t stop you from continuing to practice.

I look forward to getting to know you more in the forums! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Hello @traci7 and welcome to the forum! :wave:

My name is Megan and I’m one of the moderators here at Spells8 :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: It’s nice to meet you!

It’s amazing to me that you’re a 5th generation witch. That is so awesome! :heart: I’m glad you have found your way back to your practice and I look forward to seeing you around the forum!

I’m also a nature lover and I’m teaching my daughter about witchcraft and paganism - I mean, she’s 9 and she’s not always interested, but I answer her questions when she has them :laughing:

I’m sorry to hear that someone stole your Book of Shadows – that’s so much work that’s lost and gone, but I’m sure you can get it all back together even better than ever!

5 Likes

Merry meet :hugs: and welcome home :infinite_roots: @traci7

It’s so nice to meet you, Traci, I’m Marsha, an Eclectic Solitary Witch, from Colorado. I am an empath and an introvert, so it took me a while before I posted too. I wanted to look around so I could “Feel” the “Energy” first! I’m always working on my BOS, I am so sorry yours was stolen, I would be devastated if I lost mine! There is a lot of great information here, so if you need any guidance, or have any questions, let us know. We are here for you, Traci, welcome to the family. :people_hugging:

With love :heart: and magick :dizzy: always

5 Likes

Welcome !

I am currently building up a BOS & I can’t imagine anyone taking it from me. I would say why would someone want this? Our books are what works for us & our spiritual paths. I’d feel like they would not use it properly & it come back on them.

I’m glad you’re practicing again. I have been wanting to start hiking! Nature is my place also & I feel like I could connect to Her while hiking. I am sure it’s so fulfilling to find those rare spots. Good to meet you!

Blessed be!

6 Likes

Hi @traci7! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

We’re so glad to have you here! It’s great that you got active again. Especially since it runs in your family. And wow, losing your BOS after 20 years. That must have hurt. I’m sorry.

If you have any questions or anything just ask and someone will pop up and help you. I look forward to chatting with you more!

5 Likes

I have really been into crystals but am currently learning the Tarot. I have mainly done spellwork and work with spirits and ancestors. I am sensitive to spirits and always have been. Thank you for the warm welcome

5 Likes

I have tons of amazing pics that I would love to share. Where do I share them and how do I share them on here? I would love for everyone to see what is basically my backyard. I love it here and love nature.

5 Likes

Definitely. I used to live in Milwaukee. If you ever come to Washington and this amazing Pacific Northwest please let me know, I’d love to show you around. We have the best hiking trails here with breathtaking views.

6 Likes

It really upset me that someone would do that to anyone let alone me. BOS’s to me are a very personal labor of love. I am getting there with my new one. This time I’m using a binder. I should say binders. LOL My daughter who is now 23 yrs old was not that into anything when she was young. When she hit high school though a light came on and she submersed herself with the Craft and paving her own way. The best part is talking to her adult to adult about spellwork and and everything we do. It has bonded us even tighter. Thank you for replying to my intro.

6 Likes

Thank you, everyone here has been incredibly welcoming. I truly appreciate this.

6 Likes

Hello. It was devastating and not sure why she thought my information would help her. I think she did it to be spiteful.
As far as hiking my tips are always always always tell someone where you are going to be hiking and an estimated time of your return. If you go alone into an actual forest please bring a beacon with you and make sure you are prepared and knowledgeable to survive a night or two if something were to happen and you got off trail. Also be aware of what dangerous animals are in the area your in. We have mountain lions here and we have to be on the lookout for them. Hiking can be so much fun but fatal if you aren’t prepared. Lastly hiking poles are a must and a good pair of hiking boots. If you have any concerns or questions I am happy to help

6 Likes

thank you so much

6 Likes

You’re welcome! I always enjoy welcoming new people to the group!

5 Likes

Awesome! You are very welcome to share your nature pictures, Traci- folks around here are big fans of beautiful scenery (myself included!) :green_heart: :national_park:

For specifically garden pictures, there is a great collection of pictures in Magickal Gardens. For nature pictures in general, feel free to make a new discussion in the General Discussion category and share your pictures there.

To learn the ways you can share photos in the forum, I’d recommend taking a look at the guide: How to Add Pictures to Posts :camera_flash: All The Ways!

If you find yourself having any difficulties, please don’t hesitate to reach out to myself or another Moderator- the forum has a bit of a learning curve, but we are here and happy to help you get the hang of things :handshake: :grinning:

Blessed be! :sparkles:

5 Likes

Oh I believe that you will fit right in here!

I personally have become an Advanced Crystal Practitioner & I am currently taking courses to become a Certified Tarot Advisor. I have a love for learning & like to understand things completely. Although I may not always speak up or announce that I have these things. So I completely understand the love :heart: for crystals & wanting to learn the tarot!

I recently started working more with my ancestors, I currently have an Ancestor altar that I keep up on & it brings me a lot of comfort at times. I have Brigid honored on that Altar & my main Altar has a space for the Morrigan. Brigid brings me a lot of comfort at times when I need it & I like having Her space so close to my bed. (my altars are in my bedroom which is also my Sacred Space)

I really look forward to learning with you throughout the forum :star_struck:

5 Likes

That’s such a beautiful relationship to have! I hope that when my daughter is older, if she’s interested in witchcraft and polytheism, we can have a similar relationship. Right now, she’s too young :laughing: she’s only nine!

I’m glad to hear that you’re working on building your BOS up again :open_book: I’m doing the same. I’ve never written much down in my practice, unfortunately, and I don’t have much free time to dive into it as much as I want, but I’m getting there! Mine is digital this time. It’s much easier for me to keep track of :joy: I look forward to seeing you around the forum!

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.