Hello, I'm Gem. Merry Meet

Hello,
My name is Gem and I am a 33 year-old mother of two very wild young girls. Currently I reside in Florida but I’ve lived and traveled different parts of the world. I discovered Spells8 by mistake. I’ve been on self discovery journey this last few months and I’ve always been drawn to divination so I decided to start researching paganism and Wicca. If I am being honest, they’re both hefty topics and are slightly overwhelming. When I found Spells8, I was looking at how to make different spell jars. I’m hoping joining this site/app will allow me to have kind of like a coven and also learn in a more guided atmosphere. In short, hi—I am new. Please help. Lol
-Gem

10 Likes

Hi Gem! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

Information overload is a thing. Sounds like you have it! LOL. The best way to start is with the courses, specifically the Wicca Self-Initiation Course. It will start you out slowly and you’ll be able to decide if this is the right path for you, and then you can go through the others however you want to.

There are also many recipes for spell jars on-site, so you’re in luck with that. Plus you’ll be able to create your own once you get more comfortable here. But @SilverBear is the go-to for Spell Jars, she’s the Queen of them! LOL.

If you have any questions just ask and someone will pop up and help you out. I look forward to getting to know you better!

6 Likes

Hi. I am Charlye and welcome :hugs:

7 Likes

Merry Meet @EternalIndigo I’m Siofra from Cape Cod. My father lives in FL & my brother is a little bit of everywhere being in the Army.

@Amethyst is right, the courses are easy to follow & broken down easily for you to be able process it & you don’t really have a time limit.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask, someone will gladly help you. Everyone here is very friendly & supportive.

I’m an Eclectic Witch that leans more towards :triskele: Celtic/Irish Paganism. :triquetra: I work with Brighid & the Morrigan as my deities.

Feel free to Search the forum if your looking for more information.

6 Likes

Merry Meet and Welcome @EternalIndigo! I’m Jessica from Houston, TX. I am an eclectic witch that follows Druidic/green witch practices and works with Greek deities (surprising me since I’m Irish). I practice tarot and am venturing into rune casting. I have and am working to develop further my clair senses: clairaudience (clear hearing), clairsentience (clear feelings)/ empath, and claircognizance (clear knowing).

As mentioned already, the courses offered here are a great place to start. The forum is also really helpful - it is full of amazing people that are always willing to help. I also recommend the Daily Ritual and Lunar Spell as simple ways to start incorporating the practice into your daily life. They are usually simple meditations, chants, tea spells, etc. that do not take a lot of knowledge to complete. The rituals/spells are well written so you will know exactly what to do.

6 Likes

Merry meet Gem! I’m Marsha and I’m currently living in Colorado. l have lived and traveled in different parts of the world… well mostly Europe. I’m glad you have joined us, there is a lot of great information here. :heart:

6 Likes

Merry meet Gem @EternalIndigo :blush:

Welcome to the forum- I’m so glad you followed your heart and found your way here! It is a pleasure to meet you :heart:

I know there is a lot of content and it can be overwhelming! A good place to find your bearings each week is by checking the weekly Merry Meet Monday News Post- it has all current events, holidays, and other happenings going on this week. It is a good place to start! :compass:

When it comes to having a coven, this is a wonderful place to be amongst fellow magick-lovers :infinite_roots: I think there are many benefits to being part of an online coven, and one of them is that there is almost always someone on hand to answer questions or chat about witchy things- no matter where in the world you are! :earth_americas: So if you do have any questions, feel free to share them in the Q&A Category- someone is sure to help you out!

Looking forward to talking with you more soon- Blessed be, Gem! :sparkles:

5 Likes

@ EternalIndigo
What a lovely name! Sorry if I haven’t spoken to you yet. I’m from Central Florida, Gulf Coast. A retired R.N.
The person you need to contact about Spell Jars would be the lovely and talented @SilverBear she also does great videos.

I have a few suggestions to make the site easier. (although others will be better at describing it.) But one thing is a given. Our learned creator, designer, Francisco, an eclectic is brilliant and always there to help out.

This is my 7 part beginner plan (There’s so much more, but this is a good start.)
1 st the search is where you can find almost anything you’re looking for.
2 nd Don’t shy away from Q&A section, it often answers questions before you think of them.
3 rd Start your courses, they are very instructive and often entertaining. You can have video lessons as well as written.
4 th At the top of this page there are 5 boxes, each is informative and helpful.
5 th RELAX! It may seem overwhelming, and it can be, but one of the lessons you’ll learn is meditation…oh so helpful!
6 th Please visit us on FORUM, we not only love questions, but to get to know each other, well, with kindness and respect.
7 th Here’s the fun part, sit back, get a cup of something warm to drink. Put your feet up and join us in learning the practice of Magick. Plus you can make some amazing friends.

Blessed be and don’t be shy
Stay a while! BarbyAnn
Garnet

6 Likes

Hi welcome from central North Carolina. Im also a mother of 2, however im 42, and my sons are grown and out of the house. Wooooooohooooo. Lol. I also found spells8 randomly. But im so glad i did.

6 Likes

Both of my sons are grown & I have a 13-year-old daughter. I also happened to find Spells8 while searching the internet & then came across a video on YouTube then a post on Pinterest & decided that I should probably check it out :rofl: I’m so happy that I did though! I’ve learned & grown so much!

Right now I am putting some order to my chaotic practice, so far I have a daily check-in & chakra cleanse meditation. The other day was the first time in a long time that I have done any spellwork. I made a spell charm for my pup that was put down at the end of June. That felt really good. Today I will be making a Solar Plexus Chakra oil and then getting ready for a friend’s wedding this afternoon. I started journaling, I’m supposed to write down 3 things that I am grateful for each day, so I’m trying to remember to include that when I am writing at night. I’m also learning to connect to my intuition better because I have cleared some blockages out of the way so things are very, enhanced & much more clear when I sense them. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

Hello Gem,I’m Jem :smile: I guess we’re name (kind of) twins :grin:

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.