Merry Meet Monday - Magick News of the Week! Feb 14 🌹

Merry Meet !

Here is your weekly update about exciting happenings in both the forum and the witchy world at large this week:

Upcoming Events :spiral_calendar:

Mark your calendars so you don’t miss out on these one-day events!

[ [ Moon Phase : Full Moon :full_moon: ] ]

This week, the night skies will be blessed with a full moon on Wednesday, February 16th . The exact time of peak illumination will depend on your location.

Snow-Moon-Spell-Wicca

The full moon of February is called the Full Snow Moon :full_moon:. Like gentle snowflakes falling from the sky, this moon is a time of cleansing and purification :snowflake:

The qualities of this moon are based not only on the snow this time of year in the Northern Hemisphere, but also from the lingering energy of the recent Sabbat Imbolc and the God Februus- the Roman deity of purification for whom which February is named after :fire:

Explore a special moon ritual and learn more about this moon on the Spells8 Full Snow Moon Ritual Page.

Full-Moon-Magic-Spells-Witchcraft

While each moon has its own unique qualities, every full moon is a celebrated time where the energy of the moon is at its most powerful. Now is a wonderful time to charge, cleanse, and absorb the potent energies of the moon.

For additional full moon inspiration, visit What to Do During the Full Moon :full_moon_with_face:

You can find the current moon phase for your location as well as a daily lunar spell on the Spells8 Lunar Spell Page :sparkles:

[ [ Group Ritual : Together with Your Coven :infinite_roots: ] ]

Join in for a shared group ritual meditation and coven chat on Thursday, February 17th - this activity is open to all active coven members :tea:

Group Ritual - Imbolc Time

• The group meditation ritual has step-by-step instructions that you can join in on your own schedule at any time during the day

• If you’d like, there is a scheduled hour-long live Zoom chat to do the ritual as a group as well as meet and greet fellow coven members

Group meditation rituals and conversations are held every Thursday. Feel free to visit last week’s group ritual to get an idea about what to expect.

Please note that group rituals are hosted in A Sacred Space - you must be logged into your active Spells8 account to access the ritual.

Don’t have an account yet? No worries! You can join Spells8 here :sparkles:

[ [ Freebie Friday :flower_playing_cards: ] ]

Have a burning question on your mind? Seeking some guidance for how to best approach a problem? :thinking:

Now is your chance to find some answers, as the talented @MeganB is kindly offering free readings via tarot or oracle! :crystal_ball:

Picture from Pexels

The next Freebie Friday post will be Friday, February 18th . For more information and to get an idea about what to expect, check out last week’s Freebie Friday :tada:

[ [ Other Events of Interest :mag: ] ]

A collection of curious (and perhaps conversation-starting!) events coming up this week that may or may not be witchy-related:

:spiral_calendar: For more witchy and pagan holidays in the near future, check out the 2022 Pagan Holiday Calendar and the Spells8 Email Newsletter

Ongoing Activities :raised_hands:

These ongoing activities are open to enjoy whenever you’d like- join in anytime before their deadlines!

[ [ Weekly Witchy Challenge :trophy: ] ]

Every week, a challenge is presented to all members of the forum to explore new areas of magick and bring out the best of everyone’s diverse talents.

The theme for this week is: Love Magick :heart:

Love Magick Spells Romance Witchy Challenge

This challenge will close on Tuesday, February 15th at 7:00 AM EST (Eastern Standard Time)

After this time a Props and Presents post will appear to give recognition and prizes to all participants :gift:. A brand new challenge will arrive on Wednesday for all challenge enthusiasts.

Are you ready? Join the current challenge here: Weekly Witchy Challenge - Love Magick :heart:

[ [ Spells8 Book Club :books: ] ]

The Fourteenth Session of Blook Club has come to an end- thank you to everyone who participated! :blush:

If you haven’t done so already, please feel free to share and swap your book reviews in the new discussion thread:

→ :memo: Spells8 Book Club XIV - Readers’ Reviews!

The next reading session of Book Club will begin on Friday, February 18th - so pick out a fun witchy book to read and let your coven know what you’ll be reading at that time!

More information about the book club and how to join can be found in Book Club F.A.Q and Introduction .

Happy Reading! :open_book:

[ [ Your Daily Oracle :angel: ] ]

Are you looking for a bit of higher guidance to help you out today? This collection of daily oracle card (as well as tarot and rune) readings is available for you to access and read thanks to the generosity of the coven :pray:

Spells8 Forum Daily Oracle Card Draws

Visit: February 2022 Oracle/Tarot/Rune Draws to enjoy a daily oracle message or share your own! :sparkles:

Please note that this month’s oracle discussion will close on Monday, February 28 .

[ [ A Daily Dose of Inspiration :sunrise: ] ]

Positive affirmations and uplifting inspirations can be found on the daily in this communal collection!

From quotes to sayings, poetry and more- here is the place to brighten up your day thanks to the words of the coven :infinite_roots:

Inspiration

Visit February 2022 Affirmations, Quotes, & Sayings to be inspired by the words of others- or share your own! :blush:

Please be aware that this month’s discussion will close on Monday, February 28th .

[ [ Tending the Flame :fire: ] ]

Stop by the fire and tend the flame with your coven- this ongoing discussion invites all to come in, relax, and pick up a bit of motivation and support for the day.

Share a picture of your own flames or simply enjoy the lights of the coven! :candle:

Tending Brigid Brighid's Flame Spells8

Visit the discussion and Help Tend Brighid’s Flame :fire:

The Brigid Flametender discussion remains open throughout the year- please feel free to enjoy this activity as often as you’d like!

New Members :wave:

Merry meet to all of the new members who have joined the forum over the past week!

:infinite_roots: Welcome to the Forum and the Infinite Roots Coven! :infinite_roots:

@miranda8, @haley3, @caysha1, @mandy8, @kallie, @katika, @ashlee2, @clare1, @allison6, @tara12, @grace7, @charlene3, @marlene1, @jennifer85, @anita2, @jodie3, @alex8, @karla3, @Ileauna, @megan22, @amy2, @AmandaB, @mary35, @natalie13, @erica18, @jessica89, @briyannah, @chimyra1, @Mirloke, @brooklynn, @christine19, @river2, @allyx, @karina3, @misti, @kelsey4, @Jamie78, @diana8, @hollie, @caleb1, @tony1, @jenny5, @kamelah, @marianne3, @kiondra, @andrea37, @meagan5, @gemma5, @angel17, @shelley1, @AuroraRose, @racheal, @me1, @morganbritney, @ryan3, @sascha1, @andrea38, @alanna3, @amanda57, @lynn2, @erika6, @hezron

If you haven’t done so already, please feel free to say hello to your new coven by creating a new topic in the Introductions Category . Consider sharing a bit about who you are and your journey into practicing magick :sparkles:

We would all love to give you a warm welcome to the forum family! :hugs:

Special Shout-Outs :loudspeaker:

• A double round of applause to @BrightBear who shared the most posts and hearts this week! :heart: :writing_hand: Thank you so much for all the brightness and joy you bring- the forum is very blessed to have you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Note : Those who have received shout-outs for three weeks in a row are awarded the MMM badge . They will not be counted in shout-outs again for a two-month rest period.

And of course, wishing a very hearty thank you to all members of Spells8 :infinite_roots:.

Your contributions and love help to make this a welcoming and supportive place for solitary witches all around the world. Thanks for being here! :sparkles:

Picture from Pixabay

Any magickal plans for Valentine’s Day / Lupercalia? :rose: What do you have in store for the upcoming Full Moon of February? :full_moon_with_face:

Whether it’s magickal or mundane, feel free to share your current happenings or give a shout-out to your fellow coven members in the comments below!

Blessed be! :heart::sparkles:

10 Likes

Yay for @BrightBear! You go! That’s awesome, you got both the most comments and the most love! Very cool!

I’m not doing anything for Valentine’s Day, in fact, my daily tarot draw was the Two of Cups reversed. So yeah, not a good day for relationships for me. LOL!

I am getting ready to do the Snow Moon journaling this Wednesday and tomorrow is something called Evil Author Day, when a lot of people posts snippets of stories they may or may not finish. I figure I’m going to post the start of my story on Archive of Our Own and see what people think of it. I’m nervous because I haven’t posted any fanfiction in over a decade. So we’ll see how that goes. Wish me luck, y’all!

Hope you people have a good week!

9 Likes

Great job @BrightBear! Thank you for all you contribute to the coven! :two_hearts:

I hope everyone has a great Valentine’s Day! :heart:

I have 1 appointment & have to take my husband to 1… they are both on the same day too! So Wednesday I will be a busy girl. :clock10:

We got quite a few inches of snow, so I got to clean off my car & I shoveled my front porch & steps 3 times this morning since I woke up. My husband & son left at 3:30 AM for work & they just finished a bit ago with the snow :snowflake: stuff. Which makes an 8 hour day seem shorter when you get home earlier.

I have some things that I am still working on, I’m getting through each day much easier now. I have gotten past the craziness, darkness, & now it’s more reparenting & acceptance & letting go of things that don’t serve me well. A little at a time we aren’t trying to get all of this done today. :joy: I am trying to journal when my anxiety is acting up. I journal about the feelings, what was going on, what may have triggered it, things I’ve tried to help it or that I am going to try. The journaling about my moods or anxiety/panic has really helped me calm down sooner because I can look at it & remind myself why I don’t need to be anxious in my journal. It seems like if I write it down my brain has an easier time processing it.

Other than that, I have a pretty average week. I did get to talk to my aunt for a little while this morning. She is going to give me the “family bible” it’s basically a bible from forever ago with the family tree as it was growing back then & it got passed down through the family. So she is going to send it to me to look at & see if I can add anything to my tree. It’s the type of book that is so old you have to wear gloves to touch the pages because they are so old & worn. I’m excited & kind of like… should I package this in something air tight? :thinking:

I hope everyone has a great day!

8 Likes

Glad you are doing better @Susurrus! As for the book, call your local library and ask them how to store it, someone there should know. And be careful shoveling snow, you don’t want to fall again!

7 Likes

Shout outs to @BrightBear congratulations on all of your posts. :dizzy:

8 Likes

@Amethyst Oh, Amethyst- what a card to draw for Valentine’s Day! But relationships aside, there is still plenty of other things to celebrate on the holiday such as: chocolate, chocolate, and more chocolate :chocolate_bar: :yum: Haha I hope you had a lovely day and I’m wishing you all the best with your Snow Moon journalling! :open_book: That is so exciting that you taking the leap to post your works again- congrats to you! Happy Evil Author Day :wink: :+1:

@Susurrus Good luck with your appointments and good for you for getting through the snow! We got quite a bit here too- were only expecting a dusting and then surprise! Lots of snow :snowflake: :sweat_smile: I am quite ready for spring haha. The family bible sounds really interesting, I know you are very into your family’s history, so it should be really cool for you to see it! :open_book:

Hope everyone’s week is off to a great start- Blessed be! :sparkles::blush:

6 Likes

Today it’s 18 degrees, so EVERYTHING is frozen. I wear compression pants for my knees & hips, then my pants, & today I’m adding snowboarding pants with my winter coat because it’s that cold out. I think I let my car warm-up for 20 minutes because there were frozen “drips” down my windshield that were just replaced because of the last blizzard we had a couple of weeks ago.

I did buy hot pink & bright yellow flowers for my altar because I need more color than white & winter gray. :laughing:

@TheTravelWitch_Bry I just posted the rune for the week & my rune draw too!

6 Likes

Thanks so much, @BryWisteria!! :heart: I appreciate you!! :heart: :sparkles:
Thank you, @Amethyst, and best of luck with your writing! You’re an excellent writer- don’t forget that! :heart: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
@Susurrus, thank you!! :heart: I’m glad to see how well you’re progressing with all your tough, emotional work! A book called “How To Do The Work” written by a therapist, has helped me tremendously with trauma work. Also, “The Body Keeps The Score” is an amazing book about how we store trauma in our body that explains the medical side of trauma and the physiological aspects. After reading that, I felt like I was able to integrate that knowledge into physical healing (releasing the muscle memory), which helped with my autoimmune disorders.
@debra2, thank you!! :heart: :sparkles:

7 Likes

Thank you so much @BrightBear, I will look into those. I had to make a promise that I wouldn’t do any shadow/inner child work until the day before my appointments with either my psychiatrist or therapists. I would love to learn how to let go of this muscle memory that I have happening at the same time every day while I try to talk myself out of panic.

Again thank you so much!

`

5 Likes

I’m pouting. The candy aisle at the store was wiped out already when Sally got there today. LOL.

And I posted this morning and have gotten kudos already which makes me happy! LOL. Thank you, my dear, and you have a happy Snow Moon too!

Thanks, @BrightBear! Poetry and chants are one thing, fan fiction is another but I think I’m pretty good!

5 Likes

@Susurrus I saw your rune post about Hagalaz- I really enjoy reading the exploration of the runes you share! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Hope you are staying warm and enjoying the bright and cheery colors of your new altar flowers :bouquet: :sparkles:

@BrightBear I appreciate you - the shout out was well deserved, BrightBear! Thanks for being so awesome! :partying_face: :two_hearts:

@Amethyst Oh nooo!!! There must have been a shortage! Darn, I’ve gotten some tasty things on the clearance shelf after Valentine’s Day in the past- guess we’re out of chocolatey luck this year :person_shrugging: But on the upside, congrats on your kudos- sounds like your fic was well received! :heart: Congrats again to you and Happy Snow Moon! :full_moon_with_face:

4 Likes

Those flowers brighten up the room on these gray winter days. I need color! This is weird because I wear mostly gray, black, brown, navy blue… the darker spectrum. :rofl:

5 Likes

Nothing but old news here! To find out what’s happening this week, visit Activities to find the current Merry Meet Monday.