Hello magickal Word

Hello, my name is Alex and I am from Germany.

I dont really know what to say about me so I just tell you about my relationship with the magickal world,
I was interested in the spiritual world for as long as I can remember. I was born into a Christian family but I never shared the belief of my parents. I couldnt describe in what I believed either but I remember describing it as „some kind of invisible power that is all around us and with which we communicate“.

When I was 6 or so, I started my first crystal collection and I cared for them as others would for their pets. I had books about crystals and I leasend how to cleanse them and recharge them. I also deeply believed that they had special powers, which my parents found very funny and cute.

In my teenage years i lost interest, Maybe because i couldnt talk with anyone about my beliefs without getting laughed at. I also threw all my crytals away which makes me very sad.

Fast forward to when I am 22 and got my heart broken for the very first time. I still had no idea about the whole neopaganism. I wanted to get my expartner back and somehow stumbled upon a wicca spell on pinterest on how to get your Ex back. I didnt know what to think of it but I wanted to learn more about this whole „Wicca stuff“. The more I read about it, the more I felt a weird connection to it. Like I knew all those things deep within me. I always thought I had some sort of supernatural power (I have a really, really good intuition and sometimes I know things before they happen, sometimes I dreamt of it or I just know).

I tried a few easy Wicca spells and I feel more connected to this strange „power“.
But I am not so sure if I really would myself consider Wiccan, because when I do spellwork I always find myself speaking to Diana (Goddess of the Moon) and other Greek, Roman or Nordic Gods instead of the Lord and the Lady who you typically Talk to when you are Wiccan (at least that is what I understood during my selfstudy).

I now joined this server because I still have so many questions. I didnt found a Coven where I live but I want to feel connected to people who might believed in similar things. Though I might want to add, for me its less of a religious thing and more about Intuition and spellwork.

I hope I didnt bore you with my introduction and that we See each other soon in one of the topics!

Might you be blessed

8 Likes

@alexandra19
I totally understand being isolated in your beliefs. There always seems to be “something” that keeps calling to you. Welcome to Spells8 and the most amazing journey of your life. Magick!
Blessed be
Garnet

6 Likes

Hi @alexandra19! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia here in the States. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

You’ve come to the right place if you want to feel connected! We can help you there! You don’t have to be Wiccan to practice spellwork. It’s all good!

Have you found the Courses yet? They’re a great starting point to start you on your journey. Then you can pick and choose what interests you and research from there.

If you have any questions, ask and someone will pop up to help you. I look forward to getting to know you better!

4 Likes

Welcome @alexandra19! I’m Siofra_Strega a moderator here in the forum and I am not Wiccan. I work with mostly Irish Celtic paganism. I work with Brigid & the Morrigan, both from the Tuatha De Danaan of Ireland.

I have varying interests & practices that just kind of work for me. I remember collecting rocks, making potions when i was young. My mom got me my first crystals when inwas just about a teenager & started explaining sun signs to me because we were the same. Just little things along the way.

I started to practice in my teens & it got left by the wayside as life happened. About 2 1/2 years ago I found Spells8 & the forum. I learn something new every day & love :heart: to read :books: & learn things to have a better understanding. Ive taken other classes, basic astrology, crystal courses & I’m an advanced crystal practitioner, & I’m currently furthering my studies on tarot & connecting to my intuition.

I’ve learned a great deal about the value & uses of meditation :woman_in_lotus_position: in my life, which kind of is a lot of magic in the mundane. Using herbs :herb: to make teas, poultice, I’m learning salves & oils. I use diffusers & simmer pots. Make my own incenses… really a lot of different things.

I also found out the hard way, to take it one thing at a time. I’m connecting with the elements better than I used to now also.

If you have any questions feel free to ask or share something with us! We love to learn & share! Everyone here is very friendly & helpful, so someone will be along to help you out as soon as they can! :infinite_roots:

5 Likes

Welcome! You’ll feel right at home here!

6 Likes

Hello :hugs: and welcome home :infinite_roots: @alexandra19

Your introduction is perfect, Alex, thank you for sharing your story with us. I was also born into a Christian family, I did share my beliefs and my dad threw many of my magical things away. I also had a crystal collection when I was young, I only have one crystal from my childhood, but now I have added many more! I don’t consider myself Wiccan, but I do spellwork. I mostly write my own spells, but sometimes, I rewrite the ones I find to fit my needs!

There is a lot of information on this site so I agree with, our lovely, @Amethyst that the courses are a great place to start. Everyone is friendly and helpful here, so if you have any questions, just ask! Q&A

It’s nice to meet you, Alex, I’m Marsha, an Eclectic Solitary Witch, from Colorado. Welcome to the family. :people_hugging:

With love :heart: and magick :dizzy: always
The Other Marsha

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum @alexandra19 :wave:

My name is Megan and I’m one of the moderators here at Spells8 :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: It’s nice to meet you!

You sound like me at this point :laughing: I discovered Wicca in my early teens and then put it to the side for a long time. I still believed, but I didn’t have anyone to really talk to about it nor did I have a community like Spells8 to guide me and support me.

Well, you’ve got a coven of support here with us! Whether you’re Wiccan or not, it doesn’t matter. Here at Spells8, we are an eclectic group of people from all walks of life and belief systems. There are Wiccans, pagans, polytheists, athiests, agnostics, etc. all over in the forum. You’re very welcome to be here regardless of your religious affiliation :blush:

Your introduction wasn’t boring, and I hope to see you around!

6 Likes

Merry meet @alexandra19,

I’m Bry, another moderator in the forum and a very Eclectic Witch- wishing you a warm welcome to the forum! :blush:

It sounds like you have become more and more connected with your powers as the years went by- I’m happy that your search and magickal studies led you here! You are very welcome here in the forum and I hope you make yourself at home :heart:

Like others have said, there are those of many different magickal paths here in the forum. While there are many Wiccans, there are plenty coven members who follow other paths, or prefer no labels at all! There is actually a coven poll on the subject, if it is something you are interested in :sparkles:

Hope to talk to you more soon- Blessed be, Alexandra! :two_hearts:

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.