Hello to all! ` a bit about me`

Hello! My name is Aimee. I started my life raised as a christian, but never quiet fit in. I always felt out of place. I have always had an ability to sense spirits, and am drawn to animals - we have a strong connection- I work as a Veterinary Technician. I have always been pulled to nature, and the moon. After I lost my mom I started to get away from the church as I did not understand how a god can teach me how to be a woman, mother, etc. I also disagreed with the fact I had to speak to a guy about my sins and have him decide if I should have disciplinary action to partake in the “blessings” of the church, amongst many other things. I know there are both a God and Goddess. I joined the Army in 1998, and a fellow soldier at basic training saw my dog tags that listed my religious beliefs and he was asking me questions, and I of his. He was Wiccan. He shared his beliefs, yet he was looking for something else, funny enough He was baptized into my previous religion, and I fell in love with Wicca. I started studying, my favorite author is Scott Cunningham, sadly he has passed. I overcame my fear of spiders as I was able to mediate in the woods, laying down and had them crawl on me, I felt a new reverence for all creatures. Back in 2002 I felt ready to cast a circle and try to connect with our Lady, the power that I felt ultimately scared me. I looked and realized that my pets (cats and a dog) were sitting at the 5 points my circle (pentagram), watching. I paniced and closed the circle. I experimented with astro projection (with success), and stayed away from spell casting and such for many years. I did claim to be “studyng Wicca” for many years. The indoctrination of chrisitanity had left much fear in me that has taken years to overcome. Currently I have decided and proclaimed to the bishop of the church that I am infact Pagan. I am ready to embrace what I know is my path, and step out of my comfort zone to become who and what I have always been meant to be. I know also have children who do practice magic with me. I am glad to be a part of this group, as up until know I have been a solitary practitioner daveling in the craft. I hope to learn and also share what I have learned in this community.

Blessed Be,
Aimee (Keilana)

6 Likes

Welcome! I can’t wait for you to get to know everyone. This is such an amazing and supportive community! I think you’ll really enjoy the forum!

6 Likes

Welcome to the forum @Keilana! I am Siofra_Strega from Cape Cod. You will find that there are more than a few practitioners here that have come from a similar Christianity-based background, as well as the combination of Christianity themes with their pagan practices here :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: . I’m happy to say that you are definitely not alone there :hugs:

I love :revolving_hearts: that your children also have an interest. My daughter, who has known that I am a practicing witch for the last 2 years, has off & on had an interest. Right now she is a 13-year-old young woman navigating social interactions & all the other early teen, hormonal, in junior high school things, so it’s curiosity one day, nothing for weeks :rofl: However, she does keep her items together or in their “homes” on her space & won’t let her friends mess with them, so there is a continued interest even if it’s hard among her varied peers.

Have you been able to look at the courses? They are amazing for information whether it’s something that you already know or not… it is a lot of good information to get anyone started or continue from where they are in your practice :grin:. Your girls may enjoy them too :heartpulse:. There are how-to’s & videocast along… a lot of meaningful guidance.

You will find mention of Scott Cunningham & Aleister Crowley in different areas of the site & forum. A lot of us own copies of Cunningham’s books :books: or use the information from his teachings as well as Crowley & Gardner.

Feel free to ask any questions on any open topic or search through the forum for information. There are a ton of topics & questions that may be similar or what you are looking for, usually, within the replies, there is some good information or sites to find out more or another way of looking at the situation. Of course, also feel free to share any information that you may have with us too :smiling_face: ! We are all very friendly & supportive of each other’s paths.

I am an eclectic witch, I follow mostly a Celtic :triskele: Paganism type of path. I have really connected to nature & natural cycles & been able to apply them to my life in a mindfully aware kind of way. I started officially on this path about 2 years ago & with the help of the site & forum & coven… I have progressed & learned more than I had ever expected. Plus, made some pretty amazing friends & met just as amazing people from all over the world. :earth_americas:

5 Likes

Hi @Keilana! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

It sounds as if you have the makings of a powerful witch! I’m glad you found us. Keep an eye out for a post on Monday called Merry Meet Monday - Magickal News of the Week. It will tell you all about our different coven activities so you can jump in and have some fun. Here is last week in case you are interested.

If you have any questions ask and someone will pop up to help you out. I look forward to chatting with you some more!

5 Likes

@Keilana
You are welcomed with Joy.
I loved your story, it made me think of mankind before it was corrupted.
the “People” as the indigenous Indian tribes of the America’s called themselves, were one with the earth and elements. Everything had a spirit.
There are some ceremonies that go back a millennia or more. I lived in Germany for a while and those who hunted performed a beautiful ceremony over their kill. They of thanked the animal for their life by putting a sprig of grass in its mouth as its last meal. Quite respectful, you know.

If mankind would follow their hearts, their paths would become clear and not constrained by the dogma of an antiquated religion.
I’m sending you love and wisdom
Garnet

5 Likes

Merry meet and welcome home :infinite_roots: @Keilana
I’m so glad you have joined us and I’m looking forward to getting to know you better.
Blessed Be :triquetra: :magic_wand: :dizzy:
:heart:

4 Likes

Merry meet @Keilana,

I know we’ve already talked a bit in the other discussion, but it’s wonderful to meet you officially! :grinning: Thank you for taking the time to share your lovely introduction, and welcome to the forum! :heart:

Your journey has really been amazing (and thank you to you for your service! :pray:)- you have come such a long way in developing your beliefs and finding the faith path that resonates with you. It sounds like there were some hard moments- congrats to you for overcoming the hard times and finding your way. May your magick continue to bring you much joy and many blessings! :sparkling_heart:

Others have shared some helpful resources and I know you’ve liked already explored the basics, so just a friendly reminder that you are always welcome to reach out if you ever need help! You are also warmly invited to join the Forum Activities- make yourself at home here :infinite_roots: :two_hearts:

Blessed be, Aimee! :sparkles:

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.