Hello to all from New England

Hello all, from chilly New England. I live not far from Salem MA, and think I’ve always known I’m a witch to some degree. Just felt natural. Didn’t openly speak about it until a few years ago. I will say overall the responses have been positive ones, along with many “oh yeah, always knew that” lol Recently did some digging in the family tree and found some years back we had a relative accused of witchcraft (during the trials) they were spared somehow.

I’ve actually come across the group a few times but never ventured further. Very interested in learning more about herbs, & Lunar spells (Moon is such an important aspect of my spirituality). Looks like a pretty well put together place, so giving it a whirl this time around, feeling I need a community where I can connect with like-minded and hope this will be it.

Alrighty, thanks for having me on board.

Best to all, Lisa.

13 Likes

Welcome to the community Lisa :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

My name is Megan and I’m one of the moderators here at Spells8 – it’s nice to meet you! I’ve always wanted to go to Salem but I’ve never ventured that far north. One day I will!

We’re happy to have you here :blush: feel free to pop into any of the categories and make yourself at home!

8 Likes

@lisa65
In many parts of the world, Wicca is the fastest, growing religion.
That is often why people aren’t persecuted as badly as they used to.
We welcome you to Spells8. I have a list of easy steps to the site.
Welcome to a place of learning and clearing up the false statements relating to Witchcraft.
This is my 7-part beginner plan (There’s so much more, but this is a good start.)
1 st the search is where you can find almost anything you’re looking for.
2nd Don’t shy away from the Q&A section, it often answers questions before you think of them.
3 rd Start your courses, they are very instructive and often entertaining. You can have video lessons as well as written ones.
4 th At the top of this page there are 5 boxes, each is informative and helpful.
5 th O.K. RELAX! It may seem overwhelming, and it can be, but one of the lessons you’ll learn is meditation…oh so helpful!
6 th Please visit us on FORUM, we not only love questions but to get to know each other, well, with kindness and respect.
7 th Here’s the fun part, sit back, and get a cup of something warm to drink. Put your feet up and join us in learning the practice of Magick. Plus you can make some amazing friends.

Thanks for joining us.
Blessed be
Garnet

6 Likes

Hi @lisa65! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

I think a lot of us get the “yeah, I knew that” thing when we come out of the broom closet. I take it to mean that even though I was hiding, I was living authentically.

Luckily for you, there’s a whole course on both Magic in the Moon and Green Witchcraft which will get you started on your way here! I myself liked Spellcasting 101, but that’s because I’m fond of candle magic.

If you have any questions just ask and someone will pop up to help you out. I look forward to getting to know you!

7 Likes

Welcome, @lisa65 I am Siofra_Strega, another moderator in the forum from Cape Cod :smiling_face: I have been to Salem a few times & the energy is just different & empowering in a way.

I can agree it has become very chilly in the last few days! :cold_face: I’m pretty sure Mother Nature has decided to stick with it being colder now.

There is a part of the site Daily Lunar Spells that includes a meditation to go with the phase & sign of the moon. There are also Esbats - Full Moon rituals & ideas for each of the full moons, eclipses, and blue moons. This week on the 23rd we have the New Moon :new_moon: & information on that & how to work with its energy.

Definitely go through the courses & see what calls you to try in your practice.

It’s nice to meet you & I hope you enjoy learning with us!

7 Likes

Merry meet @lisa65,

I’m Bry, the other other moderator here in the forum (you’ve collected all three of us here! :laughing: :trophy:). Although I’m across the Atlantic at the moment, I grew up in MA and absolutely love Salem- both for its wonderful witchy side and beautiful New England scenery :ocean: :heart:

Wishing you a very warm welcome, Lisa! :blush:

I second what Amethyst and Siofra suggested about the Courses and lunar spells- those are all great places to further develop your heral and lunar skills :blush: If I can add in one more suggestion, there is a treasure trove of content here in the forum. It can be overwhelming to try to scroll down on the main page, so the Tag System comes in handy. You may be interested in perusing the Herb Tag and Moon Magick Tag :herb::full_moon:

Please make yourself at home here and don’t hesitate to reach out if you need any help- as I imagine you can already tell, your coven community here is a very friendly one! :infinite_roots:

Looking forward to talking with you more soon- Blessed be! :sparkles:

6 Likes

Hello and welcome home :infinite_roots: @lisa65

It’s nice to meet you, Lisa, I’m Marsha, an eclectic solitary witch, from Colorado. I am a Moon Child So the moon plays a big part in my spirituality as well!

I agree with our beautiful and beloved @Amethyst that the courses are a great place to start! And of course, you can’t go wrong with the 7-Step Plan for beginners by our awesome wise @Garnet

There’s a lot of info here, so if you have any questions, just ask. There are lots of friendly and helpful people here to help, and our moderators are magickly :magic_wand: amazing! @BryWisteria & @Susurrus & @MeganB are the best!

We are blessed to have you here Lisa, and I am so glad you have joined us. Welcome to the family! :people_hugging:

With love :heart: and magick :dizzy: always

7 Likes

@lisa65 Welcome Lisa. Whilst im not a moderator like our wonderful 3, @MeganB @Susurrus or @BryWisteria nor can i give u awesome wisdom like our amazing @Garnet @Amethyst or @marsha i can assist in the herb department. Several members joke and call me The Herb Queen. As i make teas, oils, incense blends, etc. But more importantly i know the benefits of each of the 160+ herbs that i have both magikally and medicinally.

Everyone here has their talents. Even our novices. We all share and connect so can aid and help each other grow while on our journeys whatever they may be. And we all are from different paths and faiths, however there is no persecution or animosity. The mods and site owner do not tolerate it, and shut it down quickly. As they make this site a safe, caring and inviting place to practice and just be your true self with no judgements.

Many blessings to u.

7 Likes

Don’t sell yourself short, you have some awesome wisdom & continue to grow & learn to gain even more. Your knowledge of herbs & how to use them is amazing & you offer so much already, I can’t wait to see what else you will be able to do as you go along your path! :star_struck:

7 Likes

@Susurrus awwwwwwww

At this moment the only wisdom i have is herbs. Anf from the conversations we’ve had u know how i feel about that

6 Likes

@Mistress_Of_Herbs
Honey Bunny?
Don’t sell yourself short. After seeing pics of your awesome herb closet. I’d say you are very talented. You have shared great recipes, both medicinal and drinks that just taste good.
I’m about half Irish and born with a gift of gab. So my ‘wisdom’ is impressive because I get so wordy. :upside_down_face:
You raised 2 courageous young men who keep us safe in many ways.
I thank them for their service and you for being so generous with your recipes and spells.
Do you know how important the kitchen collection you have is to spells magickal practice?
I’m proud to consider you my ‘go-to’ girl for herbs/spices.
Thank you for being my friend.

Blessings and love :heart_eyes:.
Garnet

PS: We all love and respect you sweet, in spite of yourself.
I consider you, a sister/friend, and I will don’t like it when you disrespect yourself.
You are special and don’t let anyone say different!"

7 Likes

@Garnet thank u for your kind words. I love u so much for them. I consider u my friend/sister too.

Self esteem and self worth have always been a struggle for me. Ill explain better privately.

I promise to try not to let u down, or myself for that matter

Im honored that u consider me as such

Thank u for that. They are amazing young men. Im proud and honored to be their Mom.

7 Likes

You are very talented @Mistress_Of_Herbs and you are so kind to share your knowledge with us and to send special blends to members. I look up to you! You are amazing and beautiful! I appreciate all you do!

I’ve struggled with self-esteem my whole life, for reasons I haven’t shared here. A few years ago, I stopped caring what others think about me, and now believe it’s none of my business. I have come to realize that the only thing that matters is what I think! And at this point in my life, I like who I am.

I wholeheartedly agree with @Garnet “We all love and respect you sweet, in spite of yourself. I consider you, a sister/friend, and I will don’t like it when you disrespect yourself.
You are special and don’t let anyone say different!”

Please always remember, Christeena, you are fabulous! If you ever want to chat, just send me a message.

With love :heart: and hugs :people_hugging: always

7 Likes

@marsha awwwwww thank u so much.

Im trying to get there

I may just have to take u up on that.

So are u!!!

7 Likes

Thanks so much for the warm welcome. Well, if you head on up to Salem one day let me know as there are many other places to see around here too. I’d also suggest taking a trip along the coastline, especially Magnolia, Manchester-by-the-Sea, Newburyport as they have so many old captain homes.

I’ve been venturing around the halls a little getting my feet wet. Thank you.

5 Likes

Merry Meet, thank you so much for the warm and informative welcome. Very good points I will heed. Oh, definitely already have a nice cup of tea hee hee I’m excited to get into the lessons (I’ve browsed but not started yet).

So happy to be here, thank you all for having me.
Blessed be
Lisa

5 Likes

Hi Amethyst,

Oh my Stars, I love the way you put that “coming out of the broom closet”. It really does feel like I came out of a closet, that’s the best way to put it lol

I’m so eager to get into the courses on both Magic in the Moon (I soooooo love the Moon, enjoy the Moon, can ya tell???) and Green Witchcraft I think might be spot on for me. Thank you for the suggestions. I’ve not done much by spellcasting yet, or candle magic. Lots to learn!

Thanks again for the warm welcome and suggestions, makes me feel quite welcome

4 Likes

Hello neighbor! Well, almost lol I’m up on the Northshore, in the Merrimack Valley. I love Salem, Old Salem and a bunch of other cities around (including my own). There’s just something about walking the land and feeling it’s history, and I get a lot of that around here.

Oh, most definitely chillier today but I enjoy each seasonal break, now if we could make it snow everywhere but the roads & paths, we travel that would be awesome!

I’ve mosied around the Daily Lunar Spells, but I’m still not casting. Not sure what is holding me back there, perhaps I just don’t know enough about it all yet to feel confident in doing so. I love anything to do with the Moon, phases, night skies, etc…

That’s actually a great approach, thank you. I will travel along these halls and window shop, something will grab me. :wink: Thanks again for the friendly welcome.

5 Likes

Thank you, thank you so much. Yes, you all have made me feel so welcome. I know it will take me a bit of time to get to know you all (& remember names), I’m just thrilled to be here.

Ahhhh, lucky you to be across the Atlantic as I’ve yearned to across the pond in a few places. Guess that’s the ancestorial vibes calling me.

I will definitely check out your suggestions as well, I feel like I hit the jackpot here with Moon Magick…it’s so me!

Coven…that feels so welcoming, and natural. Thank you, all of your warm welcomes and acceptance mean more than you could ever know.

Blessed be

4 Likes

Hi Marsha,

Thank you for the warm greeting & welcome. Moon Child, I can remember just as a young girl my eldest brother always called me Moon Child. Haven’t heard that expression in decades. Come to think of it, my brothers, father and I have always been very connected to the Moon & night skies. It feels so natural.

You guys are great, a plethora of information, I’m so happy to be welcomed in to the fold. Thank you so much.

Blessings

4 Likes