Hello to all from New England

smile the Herb Queen, I curtsy to you wink in all seriousness, thank you for the welcome. I’m not quite as accomplished as you with the herbs, I did take some courses years back (decades now) in natural healing but that has kind of faded away for me. I’m quite interested in once again planting an herb garden. Haven’t had one in several years, hoping to get one underway this Spring. I’ve done some teas, but I’ve never made my own oils and I’d love to know more about that. Yes, I’m into the magikal use as well as medicinal (my experience has been mostly in this) of herbs and making the most of a garden with efficiency, I like plants that have multipurpose.

Not sure just yet what I can bring to the table. Still finding myself as far as that goes. I am happy to be in a place where I am free to relax about my spirituality. Thank you so much for this.

Many blessings to you as well.

5 Likes

You are very welcome @lisa65, I agree the history & just the feelings up that way are very different than any other part of the states that I have been to, even here on the Cape the energy is great & different all in the same kinds of ways!

We do have a topic Astrology Information :milky_way: that has links to different topics for celestial events & the skies. All kinds of things in there about the skies & positions & aspects & such…

Weekly Witchy Challenges :fire: A History so you can check out some of the topics & things we have done here in the forum. Everyone approaches each one differently too. So there may be some hidden inspiration in there for you!

We also have the :books: Spells8 Book Club! - Introduction and FAQ which will list the different reading sessions & I believe it also has the correlating book review links included as well as other information…

Don’t worry about not casting anything yet, being completely honest I haven’t done any spells that I can think of in a while. I do have a plan for one though just trying to figure out the best time & what I want it to do specifically & how I want to go about it!

I have done meditations :woman_in_lotus_position:, connected with my deities, made up incense & started an infusion for a roller bottle of oil to wear, & some divination. I use crystals (A LOT), tarot, oracle, and runes (Elder Futhark & Witches’ Runes), as well as my pendulum & mat for connecting too.

(I haven’t done these all at once, just things over the last 5 weeks or so that are regular things that I do)

So you don’t have to jump right into casting until you feel comfortable doing so on your own. No pressure to do anything if it doesn’t feel right! Maybe just start small & learn & figure out what feels right… I’m a big fan of baby steps :footprints: because I have hit burnout more than a few times over the course of my time here. So I learned the hard way to do things slow & in my own time :laughing:

5 Likes

Thank you for all your wisdom. There is so much to delve into, and yes, I’m on the baby step program over here lol Ahhhhh, the astrology information I think will be something right up my alley. I feel so drawn to the night skies, this is where I find my solace and I’ve been a little off balance there for a while now. Perhaps, now & here is my time to hop back on track. It’s such a part of me.

Anything history, that grabs me! Book club is on my path as well, we’re making some changes within the family for the coming year in which reading together several times a week is a family activity. Together, independently together, no matter just that connection. Thanks, I love hidden gems :wink: it’s the spice of life.

I’m not really sure I connect all that much with deities. I grew up a specific way and that never felt natural. As of yet, I still haven’t connected but I know I’m where I want to be and feel is right (if that makes sense). I think, when I think of deities it’s always been “the powers that be” “my gods & goddesses” or “all that’s good & great”. Will I ever connect to specifics? I don’t know, and are there people that just never do but still feel this spirituality as I do? Sorry if that is a lot to delve into.

I’m a bit into Tarot, I feel that helps me a lot in many ways. Runes, I just got my first set on my birthday this year. Crystals, I have quite a few but haven’t used many of them. Mostly, I like to take them out and think on them. Not meditate really, just think. I have so much to learn!!!

Thanks so much. I think as a witch, I kind of do everything by intuition, and what feels right. I’m happy to have a coven with such knowledge, wisdom, I think it will be a good guide in my journey and path I’m on.

Thanks again for the welcome, the suggestions, links and openness. It’s so nice to feel at home already.

Blessings.

6 Likes

As long as it is what feels right then yes! That’s the way to go & I understand about the deities, some people do, and others don’t… it’s all in what aligns with you & your path! Happy learning!

Feel free to share anything that you may come across with us too! We all love to learn from each other! Have a great weekend! :revolving_hearts:

7 Likes

Hee! It’s a nice saying but I can’t claim it. But yeah, it’s a nice feeling. Glad to know you!

8 Likes

It’s a pleasure, Lisa- I hope you have been making yourself right at home around here! :heart::blush:

If you need anything at all as you are learning the ropes, please don’t hesitate to reach out. Much love and blessed be! :sparkles:

6 Likes

Thank you, will do. I’m excited to delve further. Still just moseying around. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Thank you just the same for introducing me to the saying, I’ve not heard it and it describes the way I feel perfectly.

7 Likes

Thanks again, still feeling my way around. Hoping after this holiday season to dedicate a lot more time to browsing the halls and learning.

7 Likes

It is indeed a busy time of year! I hope you are enjoying the holiday season so far @lisa65 :blush::star2:

As for browsing, there is no rush at all! The content on the main site and in the forum is here for you whenever you wish to explore. Additionally, there is new content being made all the time! Please relax and browse at your leisure :books::grinning:

Blessed be! :sparkles:

6 Likes

@lisa65 anytime u need aid or just have questions just let me know. There are many of my recipes, aswell as others, in the recipe section of the forum.

6 Likes

You’re welcome!

5 Likes

Hi Lisa. I’m from chilly Upstate NY as we are headed into a deep freeze. I am still fairly new, but I ended up here for a reason and I could not be any happier. This is my family and my home. EVERYONE here is so very helpful. If you have any questions, just ask! Someone will reply back to you.
I am looking forward to learning with you. Blessed Be,
Medea

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.