Hi, I am Hezron, Greetings everyone

Hello everyone,

I live in Rome Italy and I came across Spell8 site while searching after my daily studies. I practice in private at home and my daily practice includes meditation, studies in Alchemy, Hindu, Buddhist teachings and various studies from cultures, teachers and practices from around the world including Rosicrucianism, Crowley, South African Sangomas and Shamanism . I have various mentors that assist me on my path.

I discovered magic many years ago and I found interesting happenings around me from strange smells appearing before tragedy, to sensational feelings of being watched. I grew up learning the teachings of Sai Baba and when I was 10 years old I witnessed vibuthi at a ceremony coming out of a picture of Shirdi Sai Baba.

I later began experimenting with meditation, visualisations and inviting various deities into my space as I worshipped.

Currently I am student, a seeker and a believer in all the possibilities of space.

The reason I joined spells8 is mainly because I started studying Aleister Crowley as I have had a drawing feeling to his work for years but never approached it and I am to be honest a bit nervous. I have started with Magick by Crowley but I have an unsettling feeling at times when I read and study it.

If there is anyone out there who has any advice for me on this topic or guidance while I work through this please let me know.

Wishing you all a blessed day.

8 Likes

Hi, I am Siofra, I’m from Cape Cod. I’m an eclectic witch that follows a more Celtic/Irish paganism path. The interactions I have had with Crowley’s writings is the same, unsettling, uneasy… I don’t know what it is. However, if it is too bothersome & not just something out of context in the book, then I would put it down for a little while. There may be something you need to learn first before moving on to Crowley.

I would say start with the courses, get the basics, even if you feel like you know the topics, the courses are a great wealth of information & probably has a follow-up topic or two in the forum.

@Francisco did a wonderful topic including Aleister Crowley in it that you may be interested in reading: Aleister Crowley to Wicca - 4 Types of Paganism

5 Likes

Thank you Siofra, I will look at it.

5 Likes

Hello @hezron! I’m Amethyst from West Virginia over in the US. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

I’m an eclectic Wiccan so I don’t work with Crowley much but there are some here that do. Hopefully, they will see your introduction and pop up for you.

I do know there is a Coffee Consecration attributed to Crowley if that interests you. I hope that helps you out!

3 Likes

Merry meet @hezron and welcome to the forum :blush:

Oh, bella Roma! It’s been years since I had the pleasure to visiting lovely Italy and I do hope to go back someday- you live in a magickal place, Hezron! :sparkles:

I am very impressed by all of your areas of study- you are researching so many wonderful aspects and types of spiritual practices, I am sure it has helped you build a strong and well-rounded personal practice of your own :+1:

As for Aleister Crowley’s works, I’m afraid he isn’t someone whose materials I have gone into depth with myself. I know there is the Crowley Coffee Consecration and Crowley’s Pan Devotional Hymn you may be interested in (if you haven’t found them already) and perhaps @Francisco might have some more information on working with Crowley for you.

Please make yourself at home here in the forum and know that you are warmly welcome to join any discussions of interest or current Forum Activities that call to you. I’m looking forward to talking with you more soon- Blessed be, Hezron!

4 Likes

Hello Amethyst thanks for the greeting! I will have a look into the coffee consecration.

Thanks for the help.

4 Likes

Thank you for the welcome!

You are right Rome is a magickal place.
@Amethyst and @Susurrus have also been kind enough to share this info with me.

Thank you all for the wonderful welcoming.

5 Likes

My husband & I were talking about where we would like to see someday, Italy, Sicily, Greece, Germany, & Ireland were all mentioned. I kind of would like to see Spain. Definitely Italy & Sicily. My family came over in the late 1800s from both of those places. :heart:

5 Likes

They are lovely places, I have not been to Ireland yet but that is on my list of places to visit.

Italy is wonderful, I moved here from South Africa with my wife who is Italian. We went to Sicily two years ago and it is such a spectacular place, crystal clear warm water, good food, great wine and ancient temples.

4 Likes

You’re welcome!

3 Likes

Definitely on my list of places to absolutely go spend time! Thank you!

4 Likes

Hello @hezron glad to see you here with all of us. May Hezron you should check out the courses here at Spells8, you can go at your own pace as I am. Been here for almost a year and still going through some of the lessons that I have not done. I am finding that my path as a witch is more interesting as I go at my own pace and not scary. I read lots of books on Magic and from different authors. oh yes, I’m Debra from British Columbia.

4 Likes

Hi Debra,

Thank you for the message, I have started with one of the courses already and it is very insightful.

Thanks for the advice.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.