Hi, new here!

Hi, I’m Katie. I’m 30yr old novice witch, Momma of 3. Rebuilding my life from the ashes. Ive come far from where I was but I feel in my bones wicca/ the craft will help me figure out my true path! I’ve always felt drawn to wicca since I was a child. I am just now figuring out my way about it. Turns out it runs deep in my family roots, although I wasn’t raised with it. The family I had that practiced (which was on more than just one side) passed on when I was very young. I’m having to learn it all on my own. I have recently the past year felt so drawn to it that I have had to begin researching and beginning my journey of knowledge and empowerment through wicca. It’s magnetically pulled me towards it and it’s one of the only things I’m certain of these days. Which is why I’m so grateful to find this community! Any helpful insight that anyone can provide to me about the best rituals to start out with or alter tools etc… Please comment and let me know your thoughts! Thank you and Blessed Be!

8 Likes

First of all most welcome here @Katie-Kat92!! :sparkling_heart: I really do feel connected to Wicca myself, in the same way you are! Wicca is…just surreal!! It’s hard to believe that something soo beautiful DOES exist! I hope you love your time here, as you grow into a more beautiful Wiccan with us!! Lots of love & Blessed Be! :sparkles:

8 Likes

Welcome! I have been on a very long and circular path to (and back to) Wicca. I’m not in a coven (though I consider myself part of the online coven / family here). I am solitary, both experiences can be quite different. For solitary Wicca I’d recommend Scott Cunningham’s two main Wicca books, along with Thea Sabin’s Wicca for Beginners. Different people will recommend different tools, etc. But those books are a great start. :heart:

As for Spell8, it is awesome here. Lots to read and explore, and a wonderful and warm environment here on the forums.

Sending you lots of love on your journey! Blessed Be :pentagram:

8 Likes

Merry meet @Katie-Kat92,

I’m Bry, a moderator here in the forum- wishing you a very warm welcome! :blush:

Melissa shared some great starter books- Cunningham’s works are often recommended as a great starting point for those interested in Wicca and witchcraft :+1: There’s a list put together of Recommended Books for Wiccans you might find interesting, and you are also warmly invited to join the Spells8 Book Club where we read and share witchy books reviews! :books::blush:

Have you come across the Spellcasting 101 Guide yet? That’s a great walkthrough of how to begin casting your first spells and rituals with lots of helpful advice, tips, and- often the most important thing- encouragement :blush:

If you have any questions, you know where to come! Your coven is here and always happy to help :infinite_roots: :heart:

Hope to talk with you more soon- blessed be! :sparkles:

6 Likes

Hi @Katie-Kat92! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

First of all, go with the reading and researching first before you buy that many tools! Dollar stores are your friend, white candles can substitute for any candle color and intent is what matters. You can work as much magic with a tea candle and a handful of cinnamon as you can a full altar set up so don’t go buying the bits and bobs unless you really feel you need it.

Or if the crystals are really shiny! LOL!

If you have any other questions, please just ask and someone will pop up to help you out. I look forward to getting to know you better!

5 Likes

Welcome, @Katie-Kat92! I am Siofra_Strega, a moderator here in the forum. When I first I guess, came back to the craft it was Wicca that I learned a lot about & it shaped my practice as I moved forward. I agree that Scott Cunningham’s works are a great place to get some really good information & resources! I still have his Encylopedia of Herbal/Plant Correspondences that I use for reference when I need to do so!

When I began learning & practicing again, I went through the courses but started small as it sounds like you would like to do. Originally I started with the Daily Devotional page & using the Coffee Consecration in the AM.

Another great thing to do to kind of find where you fit or what feels right is to join the Weekly Witchy Challenges :hugs: I included a list of past challenges, but a new one should be popping up today in the forum for the current week. Also, for every 10 challenges, we have a catch-up challenge where you are able to do a few past challenges to try & go through. Also for participating, you will get a shiny new badge! They are very open & doing your own plus seeing how others approach them can really help with how your practice evolves.

We have many witches from many backgrounds, Wiccan & non-Wiccan. So there’s a lot of assistance whenever you may need it. So if you do have any questions, please feel free to ask & someone will be along to help you & at least get you pointed in the right direction. Everyone here is very friendly & supportive of your own unique path :smiling_face:

I look forward to learning with you along your journey! :revolving_hearts: I hope to chat with you soon! :infinite_roots:

6 Likes

Merry meet! I agree with the recommendations above. There is a lot of information on the spells8 site and in the forum. I’ve found that at first it can be easier to just use yourself and your intentions and then add in simple things - spices from the kitchen, tea candles, moon water - things that are cheap or that you already have.

7 Likes

@Katie-Kat92 i love that u stated “novice” i cant stand the term baby witch. Its a pet peev of mine.

7 Likes

Hi @Katie-Kat92 and welcome to the forum! :wave:

My name is Megan and I’m one of the moderators here at Spells8 :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: it’s nice to meet you!

I’m also a momma, but only a mom of one. You’re not alone in feeling like the craft is in your bones – I’ve felt for the longest time (and still do) that this is the path I’m meant to walk. I’m glad your path has led you here! You’ve got a lot of support and a wonderful community here to help you, guide you, and be your friend! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

One thing I always like to tell people just starting out is to take it slow. You don’t need every altar tool or spellbook. You don’t need all the aesthetic trappings of Wicca and witchcraft. You just need yourself, your energy, and time!

I look forward to seeing you around the forum :heart: :blush:

5 Likes

Merry Meet :hugs: and Welcome home :infinite_roots: @Katie-Kat92

I’m Marsha, an Eclectic Solitary Witch, from Colorado. It’s so nice to meet you Katie and I love :heart: your little kitty on your profile :cat2: I’m a cat person too! I agree with all the advice and recommendations above. Everyone here is friendly and helpful, so if you have any questions, just ask! We are here for you! Welcome you to the family :people_hugging:

With love :heart: and magick :dizzy: always

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.