How do you store your herbs?

This is the apothecary cabinet my hubby made for me, I am running out of room, so he is planning on tearing this one apart someday and enlarge it maybe. It took me months to collect bottles or buy at Amazon and more time to make all the labels,.,.Everything is from A-Z and easy to find. I really need to more more kinds of herbs, seems always needing something I don’t have.

13 Likes

I don’t have anything like this lol I have a spinning spice rack that has my herbs in it because I use them for spellwork and cooking :laughing: so they stay in the kitchen!

4 Likes

@MeganB Me too! I would love to have a collection like the one Roxie has!

@roxanne That’s a really impressive herbarium!! :herb: Were did you find the cabinet?

5 Likes

Hubby made it- we are tearing down an old building on our property so the wood comes from a building about 100+ yrs old. It was the right size at first but now is overflowed into my bookcase.

4 Likes

My jaw dropped. This is so amazing. What a fantastic husband you have!

4 Likes

Ohhhh @roxanne this is amazing!!! :heart_eyes: I am in awe- not just of the gorgeous cabinet your husband made, but of your delightfully eclectic collection of beautiful bottles! Does each one have a different herb/spice inside? :herb: You have so many!!! :star_struck:

It’s my dream to have an herb cabinet like this someday :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

My apothecary/herb cabinet still looks the same but got an overhaul 3 days ago. I wanted it deeper so I could put more herbs in…and hubby was able to take the door off, add 6 inches all around with the same wood and put the door back on…you would never know it was added on to…so all my shelves are a full 12 inches now… lots of room!

3 Likes

Wow! :star_struck: Your husband is a very talented carpenter- I’m sure it looks amazing! :two_hearts: If you have the chance to snap a picture of your fancy new herb cabinet- I’d love to see how it came out! :blush: It really is my dream to have an apothecary cabinet like it someday~ :herb::sparkles:

3 Likes

I have a small shelf hanging and then 2 display cabinets in my room. 1 use for jars & altar objects that need to be stored and the other I am going to put my glass jars with herbs in them. I try to use glass jars for the herbs or in some cases the actual package that they came in until I can find the right jar. I have them labeled with a basic meaning on the label so I know what they are used for. I also have sheets in my BOS with the meanings, other names, and substitutes. I do have a jasmine plant in my house too, but we keep that in the kitchen.

3 Likes

Your herb collection sounds very organized, @Susurrus! :star_struck: It looks like you put a lot of thought into planning the system. I just have a small space in the apartment for my herbs right now, but someday I’d also love to have a special apothecary space for them :herb::blush:

2 Likes

@roxanne, love this cabinet! Wish I had the room for a cabinet like this. It’s beautiful! So much healing and magic!

3 Likes

I try to be somewhat organized @BryWisteria or I go crazy looking for things. I just need the 2nd cabinet to be hung up.

2 Likes

OMG that’s a well equipped herb collection! Well done

4 Likes