How to pick your witch name

So, I am graduating from witch school, and I’m having a hard time deciding on my witch name. Any suggestions?

13 Likes

What feels right, the one right on the tip of your tongue. Even if it’s one that’s in use by everyone, that one is yours. Make it your own.

9 Likes

Don’t know if you have a copy of the book or not but Raymond Buckland’s big blue book of witchcraft has a section on how to use numerology to pick your witch name, worked for me.

10 Likes

That is cool i didn’t know we could choose a witch name… Where have i been lol. As for your name i am sure whatever it is it will be awesome :blush:

9 Likes

Mine is Zohan, but was given to me on a ritual by a Spirit. Zohan means: Gift from God.

7 Likes

It took me years to find a name. I honestly didn’t think that’s important as long as you believe in your ability to perform spells. I hope it comes to you soon. Don’t stress it because that’s when my name came to me.

7 Likes

Mine came from me sitting and thinking about what is important to me and my correspondences, then checking what I’d chosen using numerology.

Iris comes from Iris Goddess of the Rainbow and Iris flowers which are blue/purple, the colour of my hair… Rainbows represent for me LGBTQ+.

Wolfram is a germanic name meaning wolf and raven, my spirit animals.

11 Likes

That’s creative and meaningful which is what i am looking for… I am close to asking people to give me suggestions i cannot think of anything for a witch name… i mean i don’t know after a crystal, a goddess, a flower there are so many possibilities… Maybe i should write like 20 down that i really like and if it is too hard to choose just put them in a hat a choose one…

7 Likes

Congrats on graduating from witch school, @aileen! :partying_face:

You’ve got some great tips here :+1: I’m afraid I can’t offer any personal advice on this one- it’s been years and I’m still on the lookout for my witch name! :laughing: I do the same thing with tattoos- I want one, but I’m worried that as the years go by the things I choose to represent me now won’t fully represent me in the future. So I hesitate :sweat_smile:

If your witchy name is out there, I am sure you will find it when you are ready :heart: Here is a guide that may help you in your search!

Good luck and blessed be! :sparkles:

9 Likes

So I came across this article about finding a witch name. Sorry I can’t find the original post.

13 Likes

I think this is the recent thread about witch names you were looking for, @Christina4- hope you don’t mind that I added your post in here so it can help @aileen. It’s a great resource! Thanks for sharing it :pray::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

I actually had my chosen witch name of FireCancer because I chose an element that I liked and my zodiac sign is Cancer…I hope this is helpful……I still go by that :heart:

10 Likes

Congrats on finding your witch name, @LadyFireCancer! :clap::heart:

Would you like to update your username to match your magickal name? If so, feel free to let me know and I’m happy to make the change for you! :+1: Congrats again! :sparkles:

10 Likes

Nice name i also relate closely to fire and that might be as i am a Leo and the element of that time is fire… I also feel a close connection to the sun and would love to come up with a name that relates to these things but is not corny

9 Likes

I don’t mind at all! Thanks for the help!! :wink:

6 Likes

Yes please could you change it to Lady FireCancer? Thank you :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

6 Likes

Thanks!! I thought long and hard about and have come up with a name that fits me!!

8 Likes

I love that!!

9 Likes

Thanks so much!!

7 Likes

I have come to a decision!! Thanks!!

8 Likes