It's Fur-iday! Let's post photos of our furry friends!

Oh I love all of the recent pictures of everyone’s fur babies! :revolving_hearts: I so wish I could have a cat, our last one was just such a personality all of her own & could never be replaced. The same with my current pupper’s brother who passed away. Even though Kitty passed away years ago I still can’t bring myself to get another & since my pupper passed, I am not ready for another. So it’s just me & my current pupper during the day mostly. I’m just not ready yet.

I love everyone’s fur & feathered babies though. Even the scaley ones that I know other members have :revolving_hearts:

Thank you, everyone, for sharing pictures of your beloved animals, they always make me smile :blush:

10 Likes

@peter3 Hello and welcome. And hello Gandalf. I’m Tracy from England. Nice to meet you :sparkling_heart:

10 Likes

Hi @peter3! Hi Gandalf! Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

10 Likes

Welcome @peter3 :hugs:
I have a dog named Gandolf. Spelling different. He was named when we got him!

10 Likes

Thanks yall for the compliments. They are my babies. I forgot to also add i have 9 chickens.

@starborn oh i understand needing room. We are lucky we have a few acres, that hubs fenced in.

Dean, the rooster, and his lovely ladies. No clue what kind they all are, as they were gifted to my hubs, and he didnt ask. All i know is, is that its almost 4 am here and Dean is making noises, doing his rooster call.

13 Likes

Swedish Flower hens? :chicken: :chicken: :chicken:

That’s what they remind me of

:goat:

Hello Dean, handsome boy wit all your pretty ladies. :people_hugging:

12 Likes

They all look so huggable. But also like they’d be like, “Aaahhhh! Get off me ya weirdo! I don’t know you!” if I tried. :laughing: :black_heart:

11 Likes

@Shadowdragon143 possibly? I honestly have no clue. I do k ow that they make some of the best eggs ive ever had before. And we’ve had other chickens too. I have 5 dozen eggs right now and i cant get rod of them fast enough.

Hey @Artemisia do u need any eggs love?

@starborn they are sweet. The rooster i want to kill at times but he will have full on convos with. His name was dink when we got him, hes the only one who had a name, but we changed it to Dean, bc of my deceased other dad. So yelling at dean or telling him to shhhhhhhhh is funny.

12 Likes

They are all so wonderful. I tell people that chickens saved my life :sweat_smile: So many people when they retire just fade away, but my chickens gave me a routine and something I HAD to do everyday, twice a day. :sparkling_heart:

I got some bantams this time around. Little chickens, little eggs. Silkies, the hairy looking chickens and some adorable little Cochin bantams. Maybe they’ll hatch out some chicks this spring.

May every ones chickens and other pets do well and bring Joy to your hearts :heart_on_fire:

11 Likes

Aww, they’re adorable. :black_heart:

I used to have a white Silkie. They’re very nice for hugs, and I like the little puff on their heads. :smile:

10 Likes

Aren’t Bantams the ones that lay colored eggs? Grandma used to tease us kids about coloring them for Easter.

10 Likes

Banties (bantams) are just smaller chickens and include most breeds and some that aren’t available as “regular” breeds. They re fun to be around and even more fun to watch,

There are many breeds that lay colored eggs.

My Easter eggers come in many colors and are a wonderful carefree breed that lay a beautiful blue-green egg. One of mine is 12+years old. :chicken: :chicken:

11 Likes

@Shadeweaver I have friends with chickens & one of them has bantams as well as silkies &… I can’t remember the others. Nor can I remember my other friend’s types of chickens right now. :upside_down_face: I like how they have their little steps to sit on. It reminds me of bleachers for them… I say bleachers because I’ve been going to football games at the high school where my daughter is cheering & nephew is playing. So that’s what immediately came to mind :smiling_face:

She would let my daughter name them as they got a new 1 or 2 for their coop… which honestly is more like a condo with a large play area for them. It’s a nice setup they have for them all & impressive that her other half built it himself for them. Not what I’m used to seeing for chickens :laughing:

11 Likes

Oh, my heart! So many sweet babies! :face_holding_back_tears:

This is my angel, Ellie :sparkles:

11 Likes

This is Smudge hes the youngest only turned 1 last May.

This is Shadow the oldest of the “brothers”, Shadow and Binx are from the same litter. I adopted them during Covid lockdown and after seeing how close they were just COULDN’T seperate them. They both turn 3 at the end of November ( the 25th).

This is Binx, hes the younger “brother”, he’s definitely more of a lover than a fighter. While Shadow has just recently started showing his mushy side.

This is Squeakers, one of the 3 squirrels that I feed daily, have to get pictures of Rocky and Bullwinkle.

And this is Luna, we just recently lost her. :cry::cry:
She was a stray that I took in, had her for 3 good years. She didn’t like the boys but she never hurt them, just hissed at them. Sometimes I would even carch her sleeping with them.

14 Likes

This post is old, but we’d love to see your furry friends, familiars, and other animals companions! Feel free to browse the pets and animals tags for current discussions- or, if there isn’t one- feel free to start a new thread! :paw_prints: