Ladies a question or men if they have an answer

So I recently told my boyfriend about not just being pagan hes known that from the start but i told him im a witch. He embraced it like he did about me being pagan. He said that when the time comes we can have an hand fasting ceremony instead of a wedding. Im wondering if anyone else has had there partners embrace there way of life

14 Likes

It’s basically a commitment ceremony which is what a wedding is (in my old person opinion). The only difference is you don’t file papers with the court system or the It’s.

7 Likes

Lol i know. I think you might of missed the actual question in there. The question was if anyone else had there partners embrace there way of life.

8 Likes

My fiancé does fully. He’s an agnostic/atheist (just depends on the day, I guess) and he fully supports my witchcraft and polytheism. He doesn’t necessarily understand it but he doesn’t care about it either way :blush:

10 Likes

Don’t know if permit or lab work is required. But I found a
nice article about Handfasting and legality.
oops, forgot site:
Handfasting at Weddings: Why It’s Not Just For Pagans and Witches — Catalyst Wedding Co..
Garnet

8 Likes

Oops, sorry, I thought you were talking about the hand fasting. I think he is a good guy if he doesn’t if he lets you be who you are.

6 Likes

As long as you do the “legal” part of things, the marriage license, witnesses, etc. then you’re free to celebrate that with whatever type of marriage ceremony you’d like, including a handfasting :hibiscus: My fiancé and I have talked about doing a handfasting instead of a traditional marriage. I mean, we’ve been together since 2008 so we’re basically married already :laughing:

8 Likes

I would rather not get the government involved in my personal life, so my hubby and I have been married for 12 years without a license. We did have the big commitment celebration though. Never go in the ocean in a wedding gown! It gets really heavy. Lol!

10 Likes

Lol i got a laugh outta that yes with all the fabric used for the different layers of a wedding dress id imagine it got quite heavy

8 Likes

And it had a corset top so I couldn’t bend at the waist when the wave knocked me down. My husband came to the rescue by grabbing MY FEET! If it weren’t for my bridesmaids (AKA my daughters) I would have drowned! We got pics! LMAO!

7 Likes

Yea being able to bend in corsets takes alot of practice im able to do it but ive been wearing corsets for a good chunk of years. If corsets are not part of your typical wardrobe then being able to move normally in them aint gunna happen it takes practice.

7 Likes

I totally agree with that. I almost passed out at Ren Fest from a tight corset, but under water is a nightmare. I can’t imagine wearing a corset everyday. As soon as I get home from work the bra comes off!

7 Likes

It took some getting use too but now it just feels like a normal top to me. I started to ware them for more support on my back as the girls are kinda big and i dont have the body mass for plus size girls so i need a little extra support dayly and a corset dose the trick. I dont always ware one sometimes i ware one of those body waist clincher slips those work too.

8 Likes

@Garnet , you forgot the link!

7 Likes

@ Undomeher
Thank you, I thought I did. Fixed it.
Garnet

7 Likes

@MeganB
You know, most modern day marriages have a spot in the ceremony where they make their personal vows, like joining the old and new. :rabbit:
Garnet

6 Likes

I’m so glad they were able to save you and that your ok. That Definatly sounds like an eventful day and I’m glad it worked out in the end.

6 Likes

Congrats! Yes my partner embraced my path from the beginning as well, He also is discovering it for himself.
I am having a handfasting ceremony in June!
Blessed Be,

6 Likes

@Nikita-mikaelson Yes, I told my boyfriend I was a witch since our first date, I don’t like lies, or secrets so I was straight up with him, so if he wasn’t okay, I didn’t had to waist my time. But his reaction was “you can be whom ever you want to be… I’m not going to change you, I’ll support you all the way on whatever you want to do.” That made me so happy. We being together for 3 years now, when ever he sees me buying witchy items lol he just smiles, whenever his on Amazon he buys me crystals, because he knows that makes me happy. You see, I was married for 26 years and my Ex-husband use to make me feel horrible about me being a witch, he knew my whole family practiced witchcraft so he used that against me, he use to tell me; that I was driving the bus straight to “Hell” and I was dragging him and our children for the ride. “ He inflicted fear on our kids, so I couldn’t have anything’s that look witchy, I couldn’t burn candles, or incense. We couldn’t watch anything with magic, or witches in it. My girls and I loved the tv show charmed so when he was at work my girls would put it on, on Netflix and them erase the memory of the shows we watched. I had to hide practicing magic and only practiced when I visited my mother. He suspected that I was still practicing, so we moved out of state, so it became harder for me to continue practicing so whenever I had a chance to be home alone I took that opportunity, to at least meditate or chant, but I was so afraid to get caught. Also I was not allowed to have any type of friends. So I was all alone. Finally after 26 years of prison and almost completely out of practicing magic I decided to find away out. But by them my kids had been totally brainwashed and put against me. I’m just glad I’m able to practice again without fear.

6 Likes

My family & friends know that I am a witch. In 2020 when my husband & I first started reconnecting, I told him about being pagan & a witch. He was supportive & used to make items that I can use, he is always helping me with the full moon items I put out & bring in with my daughter.

I was pleasantly surprised by the support that I get from my husband about my path. & i I need to do a meditation or I have something panned, I just say that I am going to do my thing. He hangs up my shelving & helps me put things in places around the room & more recently the living room. :rofl:

7 Likes