Lemon Pudding Cake 🍋

Good Monday everyone! It’s been cloudy and grey for me so I figured I’d post a recipe to make things sunny again. Hope y’all like it!

Lemon Pudding Cake :lemon:

Servings: 12
Yield: 8-inch square cake

Ingredients:

4 eggs, separated
â…“ cup lemon juice
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1 tablespoon butter
1 ½ cups white sugar
½ cup sifted all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon salt
1 ½ cups milk

Directions:

Step 1

Beat together egg yolks, lemon juice, lemon rind, and butter or margarine until thick and lemon-colored. Combine sugar, flour, and salt; add alternately with milk to the yolk mixture, beating well after each addition.

Step 2

Beat egg whites until stiff. Blend egg whites into the batter on low speed of electric mixer. Pour into an 8-inch square baking dish.

Step 3

Place a pan of hot water in the oven, and set the baking dish into the pan. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 minutes.

Nutritional Information:

Lemon Pudding Cake

Servings Per Recipe: 12
Calories: 165
% Daily Value *
protein: 3.7g 7 %
carbohydrates: 31.1g 10 %
dietary fiber: 0.2g 1 %
fat: 3.3g 5 %
saturated fat: 1.5g 8 %
cholesterol: 67mg 22 %
vitamin a iu: 169.8IU 3 %
niacin equivalents: 1.1mg 9 %
vitamin c: 3.4mg 6 %
folate: 19.8mcg 5 %
calcium: 46.6mg 5 %
iron: 0.6mg 3 %
magnesium: 7mg 3 %
potassium: 83.1mg 2 %
sodium: 139.7mg 6 %
thiamin: 0.1mg 7 %
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
**Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. The amount is based on available nutrient data.
(-)Information is not currently available for this nutrient. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption.

Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018,
ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved

7 Likes

I love lemon, cake, and pudding! I cannot wait to try this out! Thank you :blush:

4 Likes

I love lemon cake! This will be a good one to make on a weekend with Peanut. I need to start making sure I actually remember to make these things. I get them printed & put away & then life happens & I don’t make it to trying them. That will be something that I work on. Keeping my daughter home to make some of these great desserts and meals.

3 Likes

YUM… I used to love lemon cake. Not easy to find in the shops. Nice to have a recipe! Thanks for posting Kasie!

2 Likes

You’re welcome! This just seemed like it would be a good Imbolc recipe, what with the dairy and lemon and all.

I’m sure she’d love it! Once your hand gets better I’m sure you’ll be in the kitchen a lot more.

You’re welcome! It just seemed like a nice recipe to try out!

4 Likes

Sounds delicious!! Thank you!

2 Likes

Sending greetings from Warsaw- it’s cloudy and grey here too! :cloud: And this is such a perfect coincidence, as I just had a lemon pudding fruit tart yesterday :joy: It really does help to bring some brightness and joy to dark days :sun_with_face:

Perfect as always- thanks for sharing, @Amethyst!

You’re welcome @walter! Glad you liked it!

Yeah, I’ve got to go out today and it’s supposed to snow. Hopefully, I can get home before it really starts. Sometimes you need a little fruity sunshine to lift your day. Glad you liked @BryWisteria!

2 Likes

I am so not a patient waiter. I never want to do more things than when I can no longer do them. I have my MRI on my hand tonight. Then I see the surgeon on Thursday. So hopefully it’s all something that is an easy fix and won’t take too long.

2 Likes

At least you can see the surgeon on Thursday and don’t have to wait a couple of weeks. That would be terrible I think. Thinking of you today! :hugs:

2 Likes