Let’s talk Tarot! What’s your favorite deck? Why? Recommendations on other tarot decks? 🥀

I’ve got two new decks coming today. The Nordic Mystic tarot and a rune oracle. We’ll see if my demon tarot will let me go, so I can try these new cards :rofl::partying_face:

9 Likes

Does anyone just shuffle their favourite deck, just to feel the energy and find it calming? I find it’s a good stress reliever. :sparkling_heart:

9 Likes

Bit late to the conversation but one of my favourite decks in terms of imagery is the Santa Muerte. I could spend time just flicking through and looking at them even when not doing a reading.

9 Likes

Also waiting on these arriving (of course :joy:)

9 Likes

I have an old greek gods tarot deck that I don’t use for readings but sits under my laptop stand so I can grab it and shuffle when I’m nervous. stressed or high energy. There’s something about the size of the cards and the paper that’s perfect to shuffle.

8 Likes

What I lovely thread to look through, thank you for posting this!! I would love an oracle deck sub conversation like @Artemisia brought up as well, though perhaps everyone covered it a bit as well?

I’ve included my mothers tarot deck from Stuart Kaplan- my favorite but sometimes I struggle to use at times… It has a blank card, which I adore. And I made sure to include the world card from my thread a bit ago :green_apple:

I also included my elemental power deck from Melinda Lee Holm, I found in a wonderful little town where the woman in the shop immediately sat me down for a reading and then lunch. They also have a comforting weight for shuffling and the smell has not faded in years… fresh paper and ink despite the time and handling.

and last but not least, a wallpaper photo of the ten of swords from the modern witch tarot which is a lovely local and this one specifically is one that many people speak up about, if they’re interested in tarot or simply the visuals.

9 Likes

The words on the 10 of swords reminds me of the acronym for FINE: f**ed up, insecure, neurotic, and emotional.

My mom and I say “I’m fine” whenever we are having a hard moment but aren’t ready to talk about it. We usually have a chuckle because we know what we mean and then we are usually able to talk about it or shift the energy a bit or just give each other support.

7 Likes

Where did that come from? I first heard it in The Italian Job. :laughing:

7 Likes

Apparently it is used in self help groups and then popularized in an Aerosmith song and some movies like the Italian Job.

It’s definitely a good way of describing life feeling out of control.

7 Likes

Hi all!!! I’m so sorry! I’ve been MIA here. I absolute LOVE all these beautiful decks!!!

I recently went to a Five Below and found the CUTEST keychain tarot card set :blush::two_hearts: and they’re actual cards, just tiny :joy::grimacing:

I’m back for good. Sorry! We’ve had some crazy here!!!

8 Likes

Love love love! The art is beautiful :star_struck:

7 Likes

@marie21 That keychain tarot is adorable :green_heart: Hope all is settling for you from the “crazy” you’ve had. Blessed be :green_heart:

8 Likes

Thank you. I enjoy finding meaningful trinkets :grin: the pictures on them are so small, but I like that they’re an actual deck :heart:

Yes, the crazy has settled here. All is good, we have been extremely blessed, and will be introducing new life to this world in December :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

That little tarot deck is so cute! :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

Welcome home, @marie21! :heart:

The mini keychain tarot deck is gorgeous - it would be a perfect deck for a travel altar! :sparkles:

7 Likes

That is so adorable… possibly necessary for me to add one to my little bit of things I have on me :laughing:

I just had to bring my bag o’ decks out to the living room & didn’t realize how heavy it actually is :rofl: I definitely have a deck problem :joy:

7 Likes

I got this new tarot deck called Shadowscapes Tarot by Stephanie Pui-Mun Law and love the vibe of it. It gives me a nice feeling in my body when I look at it and it’s beautifully made with silver border.

10 Likes

My favorite decks so far :smiling_face: My first ever deck was Tarot of a Moon Garden. Top is just an antique variation on Rider Waite deck. Middle is the Halloween Tarot and bottom is Medieval Scapini Tarot

11 Likes

@Nacurro Your Shadowscapes Tarot is beautiful! :star_struck: It’s funny, that was actually the first deck I ever ordered, but the seller sent the guidebook and not the cards lol. I never got my hands on the deck itself. You’ll have to enjoy it for me - happy readings! :heart: :blush:

@VioletFreya Three gorgeous decks! They’re all lovely and fun in their own ways, but that Medieval Scapini Tarot is mesmerizing :heart_eyes: Thanks for sharing your pretty treasures! :flower_playing_cards: :sparkles:

11 Likes

Oh my goodness what a let down that must’ve been for you. Weren’t you compensated for their fault? :smiling_face_with_tear: I will do that for you @BryWisteria :pink_heart:

8 Likes