Let's talk about vibrations and frequencies in our Crafting

Ok, let’s talk about the energies we use in the Craft in their slightly more scientific form. Quantum physics is a difficult discussion, so I prefer to use the tools of prose and poetry to express…terms used by us in our everyday casting. If you’d like a really good, visualized breakdown of the energies of this world and how it all interacts in all dimensions, I recommend the movie, “What The Bleep Do We Know?”. It’s both educational and very entertaining.

But here’s the gist of it all.

Everything, every single thing in this universe vibrates at a certain frequency; from every atom in every blade of grass on Earth through to every planet and star in the sky. It’s all formed and maintained by electromagnetic energy. This is the very same energy we seek to tap into for Crafting. Even words themselves have frequencies when spoken, as do herbs, foods, spices, colors, candles, cards, etc. etc. etc.

So, what’s the point you may be asking. These energies are completely malleable through sound. Civilizations of all races, all religions, have used sound as a tool for thousands of years. And I know, we meditate before we cast or cure or craft whatever it is we are manifesting, but meditation alone is not enough to activate the willful intent of the caster instead of their thoughts. For me, this has been a crucial element in my development of increasing power, or energy manipulation.

On a general basis, the higher your own personal frequency, the more effective your spell work. But I think it can be taken even further. I think being able to intentionally generate energy for Crafting directly from the corresponding meridian point on the body makes for an even stronger spell. Additionally, the more control you have over these meridian points, the clearer and calmer and stronger you become as an energy being.

There are so many ways to increase and heighten your vibration. Everything and anything that positively effects the vagus nerve helps to increase the appropriate hormones from your pituitary system which in turn raises your personal vibration. And when you vibrate in the higher levels, it also has a beneficial effect on the things around you…plant, animal, human, inanimate, etc.

Some things that really pump up that vagus nerve are singing (whether you think you can or not) chanting, humming, dancing, or all of them at once. Cold water under your neck and armpits on a regular basis can also kick start your vagus nerve.

In my opinion, the best way to raise your vibration is via entrainment. This is the energy work I’m doing with frequency healing. By use of crystal singing bowls, Solfeggio tuning forks, and Solfeggio frequencies through headphones, I’ve managed to heal not only my body, but also my mind and my ethereal other self. And my power has increased.

There are many ways to accomplish this type of healing. And as my Sisters, I’m ready to tell you all how to do it for yourself so you don’t have to go seek an energy healer unless you truly just want that experience. I started with, and still use two apps. Then I began using aural tuning forks in the Solfeggio tones. Then I moved into weighted contact treatment Solfeggio tuning forks. And now I also include Chakra tones using crystal singing bowls.

But you don’t need all this stuff to do it. I’ve got it all because I’ve realized my mission this lifetime is to help the humans of this world learn to raise their personal vibration and maintain it before it gets any worse out there. The time is now, the age is correct, the circumstances have presented themselves.

So, to keep these posts short as possible, I’ll be writing about little parts of the big picture one at a time. Each part has its history and its story, and it is important to understand each to learn how to really harness what we already know and use daily in our Craft.

And please ask questions! I love questions! I love answering questions and if I don’t know the answer guess what? I love researching for answers to questions! So, I am at your service.

Next post I’ll discuss what Solfeggio tones are, where they came from and what their effect is on the energies.

17 Likes

@August_Wandering
Yay! I am so excited about this! Recently, I have been getting into sounds. It started with this wind chime that I bought when I heard it from the other side of the store. It drew me to it. It is not hanging outside though… I have it hanging inside my house, LOL. The tones are so deep and the vibration seems to just hang in the air for a really long time. I simply love it. It gives me a serene feeling of completeness. Because of this wind chime, I have been exploring the Tibetan sound bowls and binaural beats. I don’t have any bowls yet but I love the sounds I hear in the videos.
So excited!!

14 Likes

Quantum physics goes right over my head but I’m definitely interested. One thing that really stood out to me in your post was this part here…

My physics classes in school have always pushed the theory (law? hypothesis? – I can’t remember) that energy cannot be created nor destroyed, only transferred. So seeing this has definitely piqued my interest.

I can’t wait to read what you’ve got to share! :sparkles:

13 Likes

When I hear “quantum physics” I get equal parts excited and intimidated haha- I really like (and appreciate!) how you’ve worded things here. It is more beautiful like prose, and also easier to relate to. You’re very good at explaining things, August! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Interesting! Meditation is a big part of my practice and I find that it helps me control my energy as well as connect/ground with the energy of the earth. But (and apologies if I didn’t understand this clearly) the study of frequencies recommends meditation as a base, and sound as the strongest way to work with/change energies?

If I understood that right, that is really interesting and definitely something I want to look into more! I love sound- whether it is meditation music, singing bowls, windchimes, birds chirping, etc. I completely agree that they can help bring about a positive shift in energy (and the same goes for more negative or chaotic sounds- traffic, horns beeping, yelling, etc definitely do a number on my energy :sweat_smile:)

Yay! :raised_hands:

I really enjoyed reading this, @August_Wandering- thank you so much for sharing your wisdom about vibrations and frequencies! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

11 Likes

Your physics class was right. Yet today’s quantum physicists are proving that energy can also be transformed from one frequency into another.

This is what happens when someone meditates to raise their vibration, or does breath work, spell work or any other type of transformational activity.

I only have a very basic understanding of the actual science behind quantum physics. That’s why I like to use resources that explain the phenomenon through easier to understand examples, similes and metaphors. Another great source is Dr. Joe Dispenza’s works. He writes and lectures. I found him via “What The Bleep Do We Know”.

I can’t wait to share what I know about the Solfeggio frequencies. Just amazing and highly useful stuff!

BTW, does anyone know if it’s alright for me to share outside links in these posts? I have the link to the full WTBDWK movie on my YouTube.

11 Likes

I’m so excited for you!!!
When properly tuned, as it sounds that yours are, wind chimes are definitely part of the sound healing tool kit! And I love Tibetan singing bowls. I have a small one. The reasons for using crystal singing bowls are that the human body contains silica which enables it to entrain with the frequency more easily, and because metal cannot reach the higher frequencies.

And I like the science behind binaural beats a lot! Instead of using two different frequency tones to achieve that magic third tone, I use a single Solfeggio tone combined with the Schuman Resonance (frequency of Mother Earth). This has enabled me to “hear” when each of my specific chakras has cleared during a self-session. But more on that later.

I’d love to know more about your chime! I’ve yet to add one to my kit.

13 Likes

You should be very excited! You seem to understand the point completely! Yes, Frequency/Energy work uses meditation as a base and sound to alter, and manipulate energies.

I think you’re really going to enjoy what I have to share concerning the human energy field, how it’s shaped, how it moves, and how to expand it in such a way that negative/chaotic sounds/energies do not overly tax you.

Thank you for such a rewarding comment!

12 Likes

Interesting! :clap: Well, I can’t wait to hear more of what you have to share then :blush:

It’s always okay to share outside links as long as the links follow our guidelines :blush:

12 Likes

So here’s the link to the “What The Bleep Do We Know” movie. Enjoy!

[Link Redacted – Video Unavailable]

10 Likes

So now let’s talk about entrainment and resonance. I know I said I was going to cover the Solfeggio frequencies, but I realized I was getting ahead of myself.

So, entrainment first. What is it? How does it happen? What’s it got to do with the Craft?

Entrainment is basically the tendency of two sound waves of similar frequencies to synchronize. I’m sure you’ve heard that if you put two clocks into the same space, at some point they will synchronize and start keeping exact time with each other. This is especially noticeable if they are old-style wind-up clocks.

Principles of Entrainment

In 1666, the Dutch physicist Christian Huygens discovered that the pendulum frequencies of two clocks mounted on the same wall or board became synchronized to each other. He surmised that the vibrations of air molecules would transmit small amounts of energy from one pendulum to the other and synchronize them to a common frequency. However, when set on different surfaces the effect disappeared. The transmitting medium was actually the vibrating board or wall. For air molecule vibrations there would have been too much dampening in the process of energy transmission, as was later discovered. The effect was subsequently confirmed by many other experiments and was called entrainment. In entrainment the different amounts of energy transferred between the moving bodies due to the asynchronous movement periods cause negative feedback. This feedback drives an adjustment process in which the different energy amounts are gradually eliminated to zero until both moving bodies move in resonant frequency or synchrony. The stronger “oscillator” locks the weaker into its frequency. When both oscillating bodies have equally strong energy, both systems move toward each other: the faster system slows down and the slower system speeds up until they lock into a common movement period (Pantaleone, 2002). (“Frontiers | Neurobiological foundations of neurologic music therapy …”)

Thaut, M. H., McIntosh, G. C., & Hoemberg, V. (2014). Neurobiological foundations of neurologic music therapy: rhythmic entrainment and the motor system. Frontiers in Psychology. Frontiers | Neurobiological foundations of neurologic music therapy: rhythmic entrainment and the motor system

So, an example of how this information can be used in the Craft is the altar. All the correspondences of your spell work are correspondences because they are natural objects or substances that vibrate at the frequency needed for your manifestation desires.

The application of intentional frequencies to your body is a way to entrain your personal vibrations to match those of your correspondences.

Let’s talk about resonance now, before we get into exactly what happens when and how frequencies can entrain to your physical electrical system.

In music resonance is when one object vibrating at the same natural frequency of a second object forces that second object into vibrational motion. (“Physics Tutorial: Forced Vibration”) Like when you strum a guitar, or in my case, when I strike a tuning fork. In physics, resonance is when an object vibrating at a specific rate transfers its frequency to a second object as the two approximate each other. Like if I bring a still tuning fork close to one that I’ve already struck, the still one will start to vibrate via the struck one. Remember though, resonance can only happen when the first object is already vibrating at the natural frequency of the second object.

“An instrument can be forced into vibrating at one of its harmonics (with one of its standing wave patterns) if another interconnected object pushes it with one of those frequencies. This is known as resonance - when one object vibrating at the same natural frequency of a second object forces that second object into vibrational motion.” (“Physics Tutorial: Resonance”)

Now, how do we use this in the Craft?

Well, in the original clock experiments, it was discovered that entrainment works through a shared material surface, like the same shelf or the same table or the same wall for the clocks. The natural frequencies synchronized via the shared material surface. And in the science of resonance, it was discovered that the frequency of vibrating object A can travel through space and effect change in object B, if object B’s natural vibration is the same as the one emanating from object A.

Let’s go back to our altar now. We bless and sanctify our altar which raises the surfaces vibration, then we place objects with corresponding natural vibrations upon its shared material surface. Remember, this surface is an energetically entrained surface of high vibrations. We entrain it to our own frequency when we sing, chant, meditate, use tuning forks or singing bowls to activate the energy centers of the human body and bring our own personal energy vibrations to the level we require for the particular spell we’re working.

OK, that’s as “science” as I feel I need to be. Anything more just confuses the issues.

Just remember:

1. entrainment is two objects synching via a shared surface, and
    1. resonance is one object’s activated frequency synching another object that shares its natural frequency.

To put it in a nutshell, when I use sound to entrain my personal energy system to concentrate on the specific chakra to emanate energy from for my spell, before I bless my altar, and as I bless my altar it entrains my altar to my vibration through my touch.

Then I create a resonance with my altar through the natural frequencies of my altar correspondences…and the whole shebang then evolves into a great big ball of powerful entrainment and resonance to power my spell.

Next post: Let’s talk about meridian points and how tones affect them.

11 Likes

Thank you for solidifying that for me, August! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: It’s a really interesting principle and yes! I cannot wait to jump into more on the subject :star_struck:

I really like this explanation of why correspondences work so well in the Craft :blush::sparkles:

I’ve already read this post twice and picked up new things each time I read it- I think it will likely take me a while to digest, but I am really enjoying it! Thank you, August!

Hooray! Looking forward to it :star_struck:

10 Likes

I’m so glad! You’re very welcome! I used to be a teacher, I love introducing people to new things to think about. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Such fun!

9 Likes

Well I’m not sure if this is too late to post this, I was very interested in learning more and I posted that I was interested but somehow I missed that you were already doing it but anyway, my son stopped by last night and we were talking and he was reminding me of something terrible that happened to him when he was at work. He was in a enclosed loader removing snow out of the parking lots in upstate New York a few years ago. We got buried with snow and he was riding this machine for a solid 12 hours without a break and all he could hear was humming and then he started hearing music and then he didn’t even want to talk about it anymore. Now that I’ve started to do some research on frequencies and vibrations I believed what he was telling me had to do with the solid straight humming that he was in a frequency for too long almost like he was OD’d on it. He had to be pulled out of the machine he was hallucinating it was a pretty bad scene does this make sense?

10 Likes

It’s not too late at all. :smiley:
I don’t know that someone can stay in a frequency too long and have it cause audio hallucinations unless they’re listening at dangerous decibel levels. The third tone I speak of goes away as soon as sound/vibration treatment ends.

But with his ears being exposed for too long to any overly loud noise, the resulting vibrations of his inner ear could very well cause an audio hallucination that he was hearing music that wouldn’t end.

I’m so glad you’re here! :smiley:

10 Likes

Thank you for your reply back! It was happening while he was in the machine removing snow and it was for 12 straight solid hours. I think that’s what happened and when stopped and got out of it they put him in a room and had him lay down and that’s when it basically started to stop so you’re probably right.

Have a blessed wonderful day,
Medea

8 Likes

August Wandering,

Excellent post! I believe your quote below is very helpful for the newbies, including myself learning to cast spells.

“Civilizations of all races, all religions, have used sound as a tool for thousands of years. And I know, we meditate before we cast or cure or craft whatever it is we are manifesting, but meditation alone is not enough to activate the willful intent of the caster instead of their thoughts. For me, this has been a crucial element in my development of increasing power, or energy manipulation”. (Spells 8, August Wandering, 2022).

Thank you for your detailed knowledgeable information!

Medea

8 Likes

One of husbands was a welder and when he would wear his watch :watch: when welding, it would go backwards… What?

7 Likes

I’d just like to add my two cents, I am of personal belief being that math and mathematical equations are the basis for absolutely everything and the fact that math supports all of the things that exist here and the “laws” of the universe and physics, it only strengthens my belief in Magick. Sometimes I wonder if the reason some people see spirits is because their vibrations are higher (thus closer) to the vibrations of otherworldly souls. Who knows. I think about it all the time though

9 Likes

Welcome Kierstyn!
I am new here at Spells 8 also and it has changed my life in so many positive ways. Everyone is so helpful. I am looking forward to learning with you on this new journey.

Medea

8 Likes

@kierstyn Welcome, Kierstyn! :blush::heart: You’re not alone- I’ve actually been hearing a lot about the magickal nature of math, geometric shapes/patterns, and numerology lately. And we actually just had a Numerology Challenge in the forum!

Please make yourself at home here- blessed be! :sparkles:

I’m taking a vocals class and in the first unit they discussed about how every note we make (whether it is said or spoken) vibrates at a certain frequency. Each note on the piano and each note sung has a certain frequency- if I remember correctly, the average human range is about 80 Hz to 1.1 kHz :microphone:

All I could think about was your notes about vibrations and frequencies and how we can apply them in our Craft- it makes me want to work more music magick! :notes::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes