Crystals that are safe to put in water:

• Aventurine
  • Amethyst
  • Citrine
  • Rose quartz
  • Clear quartz
  • Moonstone
  • Tigers eye
  • Obsidian (caution: may break if water is too hot or too cold)
  • Calcite
  • Carnelian
  • Bloodstone

(this is not a complete list)

14 Likes

Rule of thumb: any crystal ending with ā€˜iteā€™ canā€™t get wet.
Also Amber, turquoise, fire opal, kunzite, selenite, red coral. By the way, @Francisco made a video project to see if selenite really can get wet. But,. Sorry I canā€™t find it.

10 Likes

Nice good to knowā€¦

8 Likes

I heard this rule to in the book i just finished last night Wicca Crystal magic by Lisa Chamberlain

8 Likes

Thatā€™s a good rule of thumb to know :+1: Thanks!

And hereā€™s the link to the topic you mentioned: Does selenite dissolve in water? My Experiment

6 Likes

Thank you! And I learned this a couple of years ago. Itā€™s very helpful!!

4 Likes

OK! Then NO fluorite and labradorite in water!! But can they be put on other liquids, like essential oils, for example, or make oils whit them, or not liquids at all??

Thank you very much for the tip!

3 Likes

So the reason crystals ending in ā€œ-iteā€ usually canā€™t get wet is because theyā€™re low on the Mohs Hardness Scale. The crystals can dissolve if left in water, or they can rub off like wet chalk.

@Francisco did an experiment with selenite and water last year (I think?) that shows it doesnā€™t happen too quickly.

ā†’ Does Selenite Dissolve in Water? My Experiment: 1 Hour/Day/Week

I donā€™t think a little bit of liquid will hurt it but over time, since those particular crystals arenā€™t very hard, I would be very cautious.

5 Likes

Raw tiger eyeā€¦I definitely wonā€™t get wet because it has asbestos in it. Always wash your hands after handling toxic crystals.

3 Likes

Im asking because I saw a lot of roller bottles with oils and fluorite in it, Annd I would love to add it to my craft! But I wont do it if its dangerous or harmful!

3 Likes

Oh, weird! Yeah, I personally wouldnā€™t put fluorite in oil. The best person to ask would be a geologist, though.

3 Likes