Looking for info on dry flower properties

Is there any lessons on dry flowers for tea making? I’ve seen the ones in the Green Witch section but I was wondering if there is more flower based lessons like for making teas and healing?

9 Likes

That’s a great idea! I will look into adding recipes and lesson for herbal healing.

In the meantime, I think the absolute best book for that is: Healing Herbal Teas: Learn to Blend 101 by Sarah Farr

7 Likes

This is a great idea for a lesson :wilted_flower:

I’ll have to add that book to my list, Francisco. Sounds like something I need :ear_of_rice:

6 Likes

Just ordered it! Thanks again!

2 Likes

I use The Modern Herbal Dispensary, and use Mountain Rose Herbs as a source. I also follow the Herbal Jedi from Vancouver, Canada. The Lost Book of Herbal Remedies is also a great source. For Magical uses of herbs see Scott Cunningham. I mix teas with these guides, as well as having a subscription to Magical Teas.

3 Likes

I ordered the book! Looks like a great resource! Thank you.

2 Likes

That is a great idea! I love it! And thank you for the book recommendation! I’m always looking for ones to add to my list!

I have dried things and then I don’t know where to go from there, so I usually buy what I need! This would be great information!

2 Likes

Here’s a Fall Tea recipe :fallen_leaf: from the book mentioned above:

Delight Tea :tea:

Delight tea is a great homage to the memory of spring and summer. This tea reminds us that even as the weather changes and the outside world suddenly seems dull, we were smart, thought ahead, and preserved these herbs to brighten our mood and outlook in fall and winter. It is a mélange of summer past on a base of rich, roasted cacao skins that plants us squarely in the present.

• 3 parts honeybush
  • 3 parts cacao skins (chaff)
  • 1 part nettle leaf
  • 1 part peppermint
  • 0.5 part jasmine blossoms (or 1 drop jasmine essential oil)
  • 1 vanilla bean per pound of blended tea

Pour 1.5 cups hot water over 1 tablespoon tea. Steep for 5 to 10 minutes.

3 Likes

YES, PLEASE! I would love to see that too!

1 Like

Recipe: FULL MOON ELIXER

1 teaspoon fresh ginger sliced

GINGER: balance, grounding, love, clarity, stability, sucess and healing

1 teaspoon jasmine tea leaves

JASMINE: meditation, healing, love, relazation, aura cleansing, confidence, and prophetic dreaming

1 teaspoon peppermint tea leaves

PEPPERMINT: Purification, healing, protection, love and sleep

2 cups fresh water

Honey to taste

HONEY: healing, long-term sweetening, commitment and peace

When the moon is full:

Heat water 160-180 F (bubbles about the size of fish eyes)

Combine the tea ingredients in tea ball or strainer of your tea pot

Pour hot water into tea pot. Let brew 2-4 min.

Take a cup outside under the full moon.

“Bright moon Goddess, eternal and wise,

Grant me your wison and stength on this beautiful night.

Blessings and health to all and calmness to me.

These words are spoken, so mote it be!”

From Cerridwen Greenleaf

www,theeclecticgreenwitchery.com

5 Likes

Oh, @berta that sounds good too! I will have to save that one for myself. It’s a great find. Thank you!

3 Likes

Gorgeous recipes, @Francisco and @Berta! :heart_eyes: Thanks for sharing- these are great ways to use dried flower and teas to make something delicious and magickal :yum:

3 Likes

Healing Herbal Teas arrived in the mail today. What a gem! The instructions are clear. What a great find for my library. Thank you again, Francisco.

3 Likes

You’re welcome!! I found it a while back as I looked for inspiration for the tea meditations!

2 Likes

So excited to have it on its way, too. So glad to have others who have used something that is actually useful. THANK YOU Francisco!

2 Likes