Looking for something crafty to make and offer the Goddess on this full moon!

I am not much of an artist, but I love all things hand-made art; painting, drawing, pottery etc (although I suck at all of them hahaha), but since the full moon encourages crafts, and since it’s been about a moon cycle that I have started feeling really drawn to the Goddess, I would love to make something artsy or crafty to offer her next week on the full moon night.

Can anyone share any ideas? I would really appreciate it :heart:

Thank you :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Maybe a drawing of a wolf, since it’s the wolf moon? Or one of your favorite sacred animals, depending on your Goddess. There are all sorts of possibilities there.

8 Likes

Painting is a great idea. You can use all sorts of different forms, watercolors, oils, etc. also clay would be a fun way to get creative. Create a garden statue for the moon to gaze down on. I don’t know I’m getting a creative block trying to come up with ideas for you. I will blame Mercury. :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

Thanks guys! I am going to try my hand at painting :slight_smile: I am so excited about it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

I found this article about offerings to Selene (Moon Goddess)

9 Likes

Great information @Susurrus, I’ve been doing some reading on Selene.

7 Likes

Perfect @Susurrus. Just what I’ve been needing. :waxing_gibbous_moon: :full_moon: :waning_gibbous_moon:

6 Likes

@christine13 & @janis you are very welcome. I hope the articles help you with your offerings & crafts! :infinite_roots:

6 Likes

Ohhh the creativity is in the air- I’m so excited for you, @Peridot! :star_struck:

You’ve already got some great ideas, so I’ll just toss out a few additional suggestions for you and anyone else feeling creative vibes this full moon:

:art: Painting is a wonderful and very freeing way to express yourself to the moon and any moon goddesses on your mind

:bowl_with_spoon: You could also make or decorate a bowl or vessel with which to hold and offer moon water

:framed_picture: I know @Jem1 likes to make lovely collages- you could put together a display either with physical materials or digitally to offer

:moon_cake: If the kitchen is calling, you could cook or bake something themed around the full moon and either consume it on behalf of the goddess or offer it on an altar

I am sure whatever you choose to do will be lovely, Peridot! Good luck, blessed be, and have a wonderful Full Wolf Moon! :wolf: :full_moon:

6 Likes

@Susurrus thank you so much for sharing this info :heart: I have never connected with any deities, for fear of kind of offending them. I need to learn more about them obviously. However, over the past month or so (lunar cycle) I feel extremely drawn to the Goddess (Wiccan Goddess) and last month I did a full moon ritual for her and really enjoyed every minute of it. As I understand, other deities related to the moon are another symbolization of the same Goddess, is that right? Hecate is another one (the three phases of the moon etc). I hadn’t checked out Selene before you mentioned her, thank you so much for sharing this. I will read more info about her :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Oh! those are some great ideas, @BryWisteria thank you :slight_smile: I love the idea of cooking something as well! I love cooking!

Btw, the full moon is going to be tonight (well, technically tomorrow at 2:45 am), so I guess it’s okay to do whatever I am going to do tomorrow evening/night, right?

5 Likes

Hmmm but then again, MoonGiant says it’s 100% today LOL. I don’t know :rofl:

3 Likes

You’re very welcome, @Peridot- I’m happy if the suggestions were helpful for you! :heart:

Yes, absolutely! :grinning: The full moon will peak at a certain point (you said 2:45am where you’re at), and the night of the full moon is usually considered to be the full night (sundown to sunrise) closest to when the peak is- as it sometimes happens during the day.

That would technically be tonight for you, however, the moon will likely remain very full through tomorrow and into tomorrow night. Everyone has their own “cut-off” point for when they consider the moon to no longer be full (and you can check the exact percentage of fullness for each day on Moongiant), but the naked eye can’t see a difference between a few percentage points of fullness. A 99% or even 98% illumination will still look very full and beautiful and is a ripe time for spellwork in my opinion! :woman_mage: :sparkles:

Whenever you choose to work your spell, it will be fine- wishing you very blessed and successful spellwork, Peridot! Happy full moon! :heart::full_moon_with_face:

4 Likes

Thank you @BryWisteria just when you posted that, I was checking Moongiant LOL. I think I will do my witchy work today! Thanks :heart:

4 Likes

Ah- I saw your post right after I hit send on mine! Hahaha looks like we were doing the exact same thing at the same time :laughing: :+1:

You’re very welcome- have fun and blessed witchy work! :sparkles::blush:

4 Likes

Thank you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

I am of the mind that the moon is full for two days. Weather.com considers it to be (see Weather.com for moonrise and moonset times). That said, timing, they say, is everything!

One thing to consider in your magickal workings with the full moon is when the moon is void of course, which has more to do with astrology and when the moon is “between” astrological signs.

This article talks about void of course workings and whether you should avoid or embrace them. I don’t have an opinion about it because I don’t know enough about it – but I think it is very interesting! I would think VOC could come in handy when working with Hecate, as she is the goddess of liminal spaces.

This chart shows when the moon is void of course.

Today, Monday, the 17th, the moon will be in Cancer until about 11:48 p.m. EST. Then it will be void of course until the moon enters Leo shortly after 4 a.m.

I personally choose to work with the moon when it is in the sign of Cancer tonight, rather than VOC or Leo. The “ruling planet” of Cancer is the moon. The Cancerian themes of emotion, home and security, I feel, are good alignments with moon energy and for the energy of the here and now.

9 Likes