What a beautiful experience this was! I have a new hobby!

So, in my earlier post, I was looking for a way to honor the Goddess and the full moon and I decided that, for the first time in my life, I would paint something related and offer it to the beautiful Goddess Mother. So here goes :slight_smile:

I have never painted in my life, so this is far from being perfect, and I was drawn to this painting tutorial so I did it.

I know it’s full of errors, but boy am I proud of this creation :slight_smile: I think I found a new hobby :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I have been thinking about painting for so long (like, literally years) and I finally did it! I loved every moment of it! I dedicated this painting to the Goddess :heart:

17 Likes

Looks beautiful!

8 Likes

I dont see any errors, I just see a really beautiful painting. What a great way to honor the Goddess and the Moon. I really think this is wonderful, good job on unlocking a new talent!

8 Likes

It looks amazing! Oh wow,for your first painting you did an amazing job :clap: :raised_hands: hands down to you!

8 Likes

That’s amazing! I love moon paintings:) It’s calming just looking at it.

8 Likes

@Peridot , holy wowza!! I am so impressed! You have a natural gift. :heart:

7 Likes

So beautiful! Well done!!

8 Likes

That’s gorgeous! Nicely done!

6 Likes

@Peridot, you did excellently! Good job trying something new and opening a whole new world of relaxation and self-expression! Enjoy your new artistic journey! :art:

7 Likes

You have never painted in your life!? Well you really have a talent. I 100% support your new hobby. Quite beautiful.

7 Likes

I’m with everyone else- you’ve never painted in your life!?! Gosh, if I saw this in an art gallery I wouldn’t doubt it for a second- this is a gorgeous piece, @Peridot! :clap: I think you’ve uncovered a new secret talent of yours :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :art::sparkles:

The moon is stunning- it seems to glow in the sky and has the fine details that make it look realistic. You’ve captured and enhanced it’s gentle glow on the water and framed it all with some beautiful tree silhouettes- I’m not a professional artist or anything, but in my book this piece is perfect! You did a really fantastic job and it is a pleasure to see- thank you for sharing it! It really is a wonderful offering to your Goddess :heart::full_moon_with_face:

6 Likes

That’s amazing for being your first painting!!! :art::paintbrush:

7 Likes

I would say you found a fulfilling hobby because that painting, as your first, is amazing & I don’t know where you see these errors, but I honestly think that is you criticizing yourself harder than you need to be. You did an amazing job on this representation of the full moon. Gorgeous! :star_struck: :paintbrush:

6 Likes

That is beautiful! You are an artist!

5 Likes

Well this is just gorgeous! I think this was my sign to try painting again! :relaxed:

6 Likes

@marsha thank you :slight_smile:

@rachel21 I tried to follow the tutorial as I watched it but I messed up a couple of things hahaha, thank you so much!

@MeganB thank you so much I so appreciate the encouragement :heart:

@christine13 I felt so calm and so relaxed painting it :slight_smile: thank you!

@BrightBear Thank you :heart:

@Satu_TheGreenWitch thank you :slight_smile:

@Amethyst Thank you so much :heart:

@Mistella I loved every minute of it :heart_eyes: thank yo so much!

@LadyAuld.ofChico I really have never painted. I also suck at drawing and recently started a drawing course but my drawing always turn out far from similar to the tutorials I watch :rofl: Thanks for your encouragement :slight_smile:

@BryWisteria thank you so much! I really felt so amazing while doing it, then I immediately sent a photo of it to my boyfriend and he was amazed, he had the exact same reaction LOL. I am so glad I did paint this! I have always loved the moon and the fact that I was able to follow a tutorial and have this kind of result (although nowhere near perfect) felt so great! Thank you so much for the encouragement :heart:

@christina4 thank youuuuuuu :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@Susurrus thank you so much, I really should stop being a perfectionist though :smiley: thank you for encouraging me :heart:

@Ostara thank you so much!

@Jamaal thank you so much :slight_smile: I hope I’ve inspired you :heart:

From the bottom of my heart, thank you all for your kind words! I am over the moon (pun intended LOL) :heart:

8 Likes

You’re very welcome @Peridot- thanks again to you for sharing such an inspirational piece! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I’m glad you decided to jump in and paint it too- it really did turn out amazing! Keep on pursuing this talent you’ve uncovered, Peridot, and keep on having fun with it! :heart::tada:

@Jamaal Go for it, Jamaal! :raised_hands: Enjoy your painting time! :blush:

5 Likes

It’s perfect. I know we artists are our own worst critic. It truly is beautiful and it’s wonderful that you’re following your heart to paint!!!

6 Likes

Echoing everyone else, I’m in awe of your first painting! I see no errors, just wow!

6 Likes