Lucidi-tea (for the dreamers and mystics)

For the dreamers and mystics, Lucidi-tea was created a blend of herbs and flowers to incite vivid imagery and lucid scenarios during your next voyage to dreamland.

Ingredients:
2 parts lemon balm
1 part hibiscus
1 pinch of dried lavender
1 pinch of damiana
1 pinch of peppermint leaf

Directions:

In a kettle, bring water to a boil. Remove kettle from heat and allow to cool for 1 minute. Lightly grind 1 - 2 tsp of the above ingredients together with a mortar and pestle. Transfer the tea blend to a mesh strainer, muslin bag, or tea ball. Steep herbs I hot water for 5 - 10 minutes.

Recipe from Tamed Wild Kitchen Recipe Book :open_book:

10 Likes

Awesome! Thanks, Krissie!

I like how the ingredients are all easy to find! :herb: I’ll have to give it a try!

6 Likes

Oh please do! I would love to know how it turns out!

you’re welcome! :smiley:

5 Likes

This is awesome, @Susurrus! :star_struck: I’m pretty familiar with lemon balm (aka melissa), hibiscus, lavender, and peppermint, but I didn’t know much about damiana.

I did a little research in case anyone else wants to learn a new herb today too! :blush:

:herb: Damiana is an herb that grows in the southern parts of North America, Central America, South America, and the Carribean. It has a wide variety of uses in traditional herbal medicine and has been used to treat symptoms of anxiety, depression, and others. It’s primary traditional use has been as a low-grade aphrodisiac.

[Picture from TheSpiceWorks]

Helpful links for more learning: WebMD: Damiana ; Healthline: Damiana- Ancient Aphrodisaic

Thanks so much for sharing, Krissie- this looks like a lovely (and dreamy~!) tea blend :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::tea:

7 Likes

Love this so yummy

5 Likes

Thank you for looking up Damiana! I wasn’t sure what that was, but didn’t have time to look it up or find a substitute for it yesterday. So I wouldn’t think that here it’s hard to find. I hope someone tries it and has great results with it!

5 Likes

Lost my Tea Ball, must get another. I will definitely try this. I’m surprised chamomile and mugwart aren’t involved here. Damiana might make for some interesting dreams.

5 Likes

Oh yes! A tea ball is a great idea over the others. I would try this tea but I rarely dream or even remember anything because of my sleep medicine. Otherwise, I’m an insomniac. Let me know if you try it & how it goes!

4 Likes

You read my mind. I was about to say the same thing. Mugwort is a must so here’s a spell from the book Herbal Magick by Gerina Dunwich :tea:

8 Likes

Ohhhh I love this tea chant for the Goddesses- so lovely! :tea::two_hearts:

6 Likes

Oh wow! Thank you for the addition @Francisco!

@brad1 and @Francisco I honestly don’t know why Mugwort wasn’t included, but I suppose you could add it in if you wanted to do so. I have never done anything with Mugwort in a tea! Let me know how it goes!

5 Likes