Magic Kitty

My cat Magic finally figured out how to open the bedroom door. My husband doesn’t like him being in the bedroom at night and he doesn’t like being away from me when I’m sleeping. Problem solved. Plus he normally finds me when I’m upset or just plain flooded with emotions, which I was, but this is a whole other level😹

16 Likes

Awww, good kitty! :heart_eyes_cat: :sparkles:

10 Likes

Big hugs to you!!!

What an amazing cat!! I hope you can soak up all that love your kitty obviously has for you!

11 Likes

:people_hugging: I hope you start to feel better. My dog does the same thing to me. :revolving_hearts: I had a difficult time last night & my pupper actually got so in between my husband & I that my husband gave up & went to the living room. :rofl:

13 Likes

One request though… could you bless us with a picture of this little sweetheart? :wink: :sparkling_heart:

12 Likes

Thank you @Susurrus I’m sure I’ll feel better after this week. I am doing a Shut out the world staycation and taking a break from obsessing over how to get the negative energy off of my darn book
And my husband makes the cat give up or puts a sprinkle of food in his dish, Magic is on a restricted diet so that will make him forget anything else.
And I hope you start feeling better as well

12 Likes

He has such a big and varied personality that I couldn’t pick just one

14 Likes

Good job, Magic! My black cat, Bender, is still attempting to learn to open the bathroom door (where we keep the cat and dog food so my dog Wilson won’t get into it). He has learned how to open the sliding part of our screen door and jump out to get outside. It now has a baby lock on it, lol!

12 Likes

My husband said that the door “must not have been properly latched”
The only problem with that theory is that he was the last one in and he is a Former Active Duty Marine with PTSD and the whole house, particularly the bedroom is arranged for “optimum security” There is no way that he came in and didn’t make sure that door was properly secured

11 Likes

HAHA, just like mine! Is he not a cat person? My hubby isn’t and is always hard pressed to believe that the cats are smart enough to do things like this. He puts up with the cats because of me…and of course the betray me by preferring him.

13 Likes

@Amaris_Bane I love it and I swear that has to be a black cat thing. And, one to another, a crazy cat person thing think of and use a baby latch😹 Good idea by the way

12 Likes

Definitely not

11 Likes

Funny tidbit, because of his personality he is often referred to as His Royal Kittyness

11 Likes

I can never understand how someone could not be a cat person, but live and let live… :laughing:

Thank you for the cute pictures, he’s just a snoozy little void isn’t he! :kissing_heart: :black_cat:

12 Likes

I was never a cat person until i begrudgingly got one at my partner’s request. Now i adore them and have 2 of my own! :rofl:

If i close my bedroom door at night, they scratch away at it so i just leave mine ajar now

13 Likes

Aww, Magic is smart! And such a cutie!

12 Likes

My husband finally admitted that I was right. Magic did it again last night. He was rewarded by being allowed to stay.
I thought he was manipulating the exposed latch on the outside but he is actually manipulating the doorknob itself. He accidentally closed the door this morning trying to get out and he simply turned the knob and let himself out :rofl: :black_cat:

10 Likes

Darling! Black cats are my favorite… always have been!

10 Likes

They have such huge personalities @AileyGrey and this one is a Bombay so even more so. He’s my reached for a hand and found a paw so he’s VERY protective :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :black_cat:

10 Likes

@Nixi , I had a black kitty that found us about 3 years ago. She was fabulous. I instantly fell in love. She was pregnant and we kept 2 of her kittens. When we took her to be fixed, they overdosed her on meds and she didn’t make it through recovery. I was heartbroken. We kept one black kitten… and that kitten likes everyone except me! Go figure! She’s very antisocial, but I have 3 other very social kitties, so I’m well loved.

10 Likes