Magic Kitty

Poor Magic keeps getting sick, tonight I know it was from getting one of the other cats’ food before inhaling his own, and this time he got himself out of his cone before I could get to him. Not sure how I feel about that, I’m glad he was able to be away from the sick quickly but he got out of the new cone adjusted as snug as is safe. I actually don’t know how he did it. I turned to yell for my husband to help and whenI turned back he was lounging on the bed with the cone in front of him. Only Magic

7 Likes

Awww, poor kitty… :crying_cat_face:
The name’s appropriate though… :sweat_smile:

"How did you do that?!
“Magic”

7 Likes

@Nixi Cats :cat2: are amazing & very… agile, driven, determined, & flexible… “Magic” used kitty powers :magic_wand: to overcome that challenge! Hopefully, continues to just lounge & not disturb anything so it can heal properly :heart:

@J-me1977 when my daughter was little (Oh how I wish she was still little) she used to say… “Caaaaaaaatt” whenever she saw my friends cat :cat2: When “Kitty” found us, she was a kitten… my husband was in the driveway. He came in & got a slice of turkey & broke into small pieces for her. Then she wandered off.

(Side Note: my husband & cats usually aren’t a thing. For some reason they kind of stayed away from him & he stays away from them. I do know when he was younger, his mother’s cat had scratched & bit him one day on the backporch & my husband had gotten really sick. They had to remove the cat from the home. But that’s all I was told by his mother. He never really mentioned anything about it except, him & cats don’t get along)

I went to the store later & bought a small tin of wet kitten food. So we put it on a little dish further into the driveway. She came back & my husband came around the side of the house & she walked right up to him. My daughter & I opened the front door to go see & the kitten looked up at him, walked right up the stairs past my daughter & I & into the house. Then curled up in my husband’s seat & took a nap. My daughter went to go pet her & I said, “Let the kitty sleep, her belly is full.”

When she was done with her catnap :sleeping: my daughter said, “Is she ours now?” & I looked at my husband. He said, “Well, she seems to think this is where she belongs, but she needs a name. What do you think her name is?”

My daughter… somewhere close to turning 3 years old said… “Her name is Kitty.” :cat: I said, well, we called her kitty so she could eat a little. My daughter said, “Yup. That’s her name.” & we looked at each other like… Okay, Kitty it is! :hugs:

Then I made her a vet appointment & she claimed us as her family :laughing: I was honestly shocked my husband let us keep her. I had grown up with at least 1 cat :cat2: & a dog :dog2: my entire life. I never thought my husband would allow a cat in the house :house: after he said they don’t get along & his mother told me what happened… but he loved :heartpulse: that cat. She was a big part of all of our lives. :smiling_face:

@Nixi I would just try to keep an extra eye on Magic… just to make sure that the area isn’t being messed with too much & kind of make sure that Magic is eating & drinking enough. I don’t think I’ve ever owned a cat that kept the cone on & they always found their way out of it. :revolving_hearts:

6 Likes

@Susurrus this last time after I cleaned him up he just lounged on the bed for a while and left his ear alone but that only lasted a little while
He’s been but getting out of the me cone very often but I’m starting to think he leaves it on until he doesn’t feel like humoring us. He can be a bit of a jerk :smile_cat:

6 Likes

He is something else, even for a Bombay. Magic wasn’t even his original name. I got him from a friend, her sister-in-law had been given him by a friend of a the family who breeds Bombays. The runt of the last litter had some imperfections so he figured giving it to his friends’ disabled daughter. She was in her 30s and had lost all motivation and he thought a kitten would help.
My friend called me one day asking if I’d take him because her sister-in-law was offered a kitten that was a color she liked better and planned to just put her current kitten outside and forget about him. His name was Midnight.
I was running a cat sanctuary from my home so I said sure. I figured it would be an an easy one. A kitten who hadn’t been abused with no injuries would just be observe him for a few days and he’d be ready to go. A nice easy in and out.
The second I held him I knew he was mine. Rehoming is hard on them as it is so I never change their name but I kept accidentally calling him Magic so after like a week I just gave in. My born with a Princess complex and a healthy dash of attitude daughter continued calling him Midnight. I taught her well :smile_cat:

5 Likes

Awww, how sweet and heartwarming stories! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

I truly appreciate everyone putting up with my rambling and I love that you y’all are able to understand my brain issue wrong wording and describing the word I mean and even when I don’t finish to complete thought :upside_down_face: :two_hearts:

5 Likes

You have a beautiful heart and soul @Nixi and that’s truly what matters :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Love and hugs and a picture of Magic that is a little sad but sweet because it’s the first time he has really snuggle snuggled since the trip to the vet.
He goes again today so we’ll see how is after that

6 Likes

Awww, I hope he’ll keep being a cuddly cat… :relaxed: :two_hearts: Love you two :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

I am so sorry about your dog :cry: :people_hugging: Pets really are on another level. Mine never seize to amaze me even when i can’t smile or laugh they will find a way with their unpredictable behaviour. I love coming across videos where people have support animals and they sense when their owner is going to have a panic attack… Pets honestly need more credit than they are given. A true give from heaven if there ever was one :blush:

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.