Magick Gardens One

Don’t mind me obsessing over everyone’s beautiful pictures- you all have such lovely plants and gardens! :seedling: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

May everyone’s seedlings and plants all thrive this year! :green_heart:

8 Likes

My yard likes sunflowers too i have tons of seeds from last year and i intend to plant them again. I planted a new vegetable garden this year can’t wait to see it grow.

9 Likes

What are grits? I’m from England and I get the entire army march through my house every spring! I don’t like using chemical powder but haven’t had an alternative. Where do I get grits or do I make it? Thankyou blessings. :sparkling_heart:

8 Likes

You know, I never thought about grits not being available outside the US. :thinking: I found this article (https://saucydressings.com/blog/what-are-grits/) that says you can maybe get grits at Tesco in the UK. Quaker sells them – Instant Grits → https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/273862172

Grits are made from a type of ground corn.

9 Likes

Thankyou, I’m going to go and get some. Maybe then the ants will be happy. :joy::sparkling_heart:

9 Likes

I hope you can find some! I know when I was looking this morning, the jury was out on whether or not Tesco still had them in the stores lol

I wanted to share these pictures I took with you. This morning of some seedlings that my daughter and I started from a melon that we bought at the store and kept.This is from a honeydew melon and we really enjoy melons in my house.We decided to keep the seeds, dry them, and see what happens.

Well, between Sunday and today, many more than just the first one sprouted!

9 Likes

Ooh they’ve grown well. Be nice to have a freshly grown melon. Wander how long they take. I’ll be planting all my herb seeds this weekend, weather has finally warmed up, although my mint takes over no matter what the weather. :sparkling_heart:

9 Likes

I’m not sure how long they’ll take… :thinking: I’ve got some watermelon planted already that’s sprouted quite nicely. No flowers on it yet, though. Hopefully soon! And I think the squirrels :chipmunk: are making off with my zucchini flowers. I’m hoping not, but I’ve had several flowers just disappear lately with no veggies left in their place.

9 Likes

:chipmunk: yes, that sounds like them. :joy:.They dig up my neighbours flower beds and bury their nuts in them. Be a tasty summer, make some melon ice tea. My dad and stepmum used to live in Texas (in Oklahoma now), she made a lovely ice tea, brewed outside in the sun. Never managed to replicate it here in "sunny England":joy:. :sparkling_heart:

9 Likes

Yes, we make sun tea all the time during the Summer! I mean, here in Florida I could probably make Sun Tea anytime :joy: and it’s one part of my Lughnasadh celebrations.

I’ve got to find something to keep those squirrels out of my garden… :thinking: on to research, I suppose!

9 Likes

Happy research and good luck. :chipmunk::sparkling_heart:

9 Likes

Coming soon…

A New Magick Gardens - 2 :face_with_peeking_eye:

12 Likes

:partying_face: :heart: :bouquet:

Cheers to many more wonderful flower pictures and nature conversations soon to come! Magick Gardens Part I has been an amazing place, and I look forward to the continuation! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :hibiscus:

11 Likes

Awesome @marsha, this one is getting really long!

8 Likes

I hope your melons do well! I’m looking forward to seeing them bear fruit. Melons grow in my part of the world. Every July we have a Watermelon Festival. I have only been a few times because it is miserably hot.

8 Likes

The most magical thing about this garden is the my boys helped dig, border and plant it as I couldn’t :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

11 Likes

It’s beautiful!

9 Likes

Its gorgeous :heart:

9 Likes

Looks awesome, @Phoenix_Rose! :heart_eyes:

8 Likes

Feel free to enjoy the lovely gardens within this thread & share your own or join the discussion in Magick Gardens Two