Magick Gardens Two

It’s an Asiatic Lily! They are supposed to bloom about 2 months earlier, but here they bloom now lol! #cold

7 Likes

@Ostara – I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you as well! :crossed_fingers:

@jan_TheGreenWitch – I’ve never seen one before, they’re gorgeous! :heart_eyes:

8 Likes

@MeganB
I like your rain barrel bargain idea! Your Banana Plant looks good too! Looks like lots of rain and hot temperatures in your forecast!

@jan_TheGreenWitch
Beautiful flowers and strawberries too! We had a cold wet June here, so things are blooming a little later here too!

8 Likes

@marsha – It’s definitely Florida Summertime! I’m ready for it, honestly :clap: the thunderstorms are just… :pinched_fingers: so so perfect!

7 Likes

@MeganB Whoa, that’s a lot of rain! :cloud_with_rain: :astonished: I hope a bit of sunshine sneaks into your weather here and there to break it up! :pray:

@jan_TheGreenWitch Beautiful flowers, Jan! :bouquet: Is that a little strawberry I see hiding there? :strawberry: :blush: The chipmunks ate all of ours here unfortauntely- yours are looking good!

8 Likes

@BryWisteria - oh, the sun shows up for sure :sun_with_face: this is definitely not continuous rain lol I wpuld drown and move asap :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

@BryWisteria yes, we have a few as long as I grab them before the birds get them… I don’t think they will be allowed to get big though - bird and chipmunks are berry lovers!!! :strawberry:

8 Likes

@MeganB I’m glad you get some sunlight in between the showers! Hopefully it’s enough rain to satisfy the earth and water the plants, and then nicer weather will come :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@jan_TheGreenWitch You’re smart for being fast! I think I’m too slow- I see little berries that are green and then go out the next day or so to find bare bushes. The critters are much faster than I am :joy: :chipmunk:

9 Likes

It’s going to be pretty miserable here today. It’s really humid right now and the air outside is so, so heavy. We’re under a heat advisory because our heat index is going to be over 110F with the humidity, making it dangerous to be outside for long periods of time without any breaks :grimacing:

9 Likes

We have thunderstorms possible after 2. Yay, I think I will go outside and do a rain dance!

Stay cool Meagan. Our high is supposed to be 92 today. I may need a sweater. Lol!

10 Likes

@MeganB Wow, 110F is really toasty! :astonished: I hope it cools down for you asap, Megan- stay safe! :pray: :heart:

@Ostara I’m doing a little rain jig for you too, Ostara- let there be rain! :raised_hands: :cloud_with_rain: :sparkles:

9 Likes

Thanks Bry! It may be working. There is rain south of me right now! :cloud_with_rain:

8 Likes

I’ll do my best to stay cool! I’m sure it won’t be too bad. We’ll spend most of the time inside or in the pool :laughing:

8 Likes

@Ostara! Woohoo! :dancer::sparkles: Did the rains make it up to you, Ostara? I hope you got the showers you were hoping for! :cloud_with_rain:

@MeganB Sounds like a great way to beat the heat! Hopefully things will be cooler for you today :pray: :blush: :ocean:

8 Likes

No, it went around us. Hopefully this afternoon! :crossed_fingers:

7 Likes

I’d complain about the heat here but I feel like it is nothing compared to what the southern states gets. In my defence it’s all relative :wink:

Here is my herb garden and my herb drying rack. My son helped me make it :heart_eyes:

9 Likes

@jan_TheGreenWitch beautiful garden! I see you have chamomile. How do you harvest that? I planted some this year to make tea. I just haven’t learned about how to do that yet. :laughing:

9 Likes

edited to add pictures
I use fresh flowers while they are growing for teas and embellishments for cakes and other food, then at the end of the season, I’ll save them and dry them and use them dried, which is basically the same as buying them. @Phoenix_Rose, I just love them. I think they taste good with combinations too - mint, lavender, anise, etc.

The medicinal qualities are several including sleeplessness, anxiety, and gastrointestinal conditions such as upset stomach, gas, and diarrhea. I also make the dried flowers and leaves into a topical preparation for skin conditions and a tincture for mouth sores resulting from my cancer treatment.

Here’s my recipe for using the fresh flowers in teas.

3-4 Tbsp of chamomile flower tops (washed and air dried)
Tea ring, tea bag, tea strainer, ball, or other single tea maker of choice
Mint sprig - or other flavor if desired (optional)
8 oz boiling water

Pour 8 oz of boiling water over the chamomile flower in your bag (or other steeping device) into pot and place mint spring inside and then steep for 5 minutes.
Makes 2, four oz cups or one large 8 oz cup.
Enjoy!

8 Likes

Thanks @jan_TheGreenWitch !!!

So nice to see you back on here :heart:

So we can eat the leaves, stems, and flowers?

I am going to buy a tea ball this weekend and I am going to make me some tea! I have chocolate mint growing. I am so excited!!

9 Likes

Thanks @Phoenix_Rose it’s great to be back and see you too!!

So, the flowers, buds and leaves of chamomile are all edible and I use the flowers and buds in tea, some people will also use the leaves. The leaves are good for use along with the flowers and buds in the tinctures and salves, and can be used in the kitchen for cooking in general. I will put the leaves in to salads after using the buds/flowers for tea so as not to waste them. They are nice with a squeeze of lemon.

I do not use the roots and stems, I’m not sure if others do. I just compost them or put them in my Lomi with my other kitchen scraps and recycle them back into the garden.
:kissing_heart:

9 Likes