Magick Gardens One

A few more pictures including my clementine “trees” grown from Cutie seeds, my black-eyed susans in my front yard, and hostas in bloom.

:sunflower:

13 Likes

I never thought to do that with cuties! My family loves them! I don’t think we get enough sun with the oaks around the property for those though :thinking: I’m going to have to start paying attention to where the sun is throughout the day over the summer. Thank you for the inspiration!

I love Brown Eyed Susans… I used to have 2 separate bunches of them, one in the front yard & then one in the front garden… I have only seen them come up a handful of times though. I love think they are beautiful.

I can’t wait for my summer flowers to bloom. In a couple of more weeks & into July they will start coming around. I have Tiger Lilies, yellow lilies, yellow with maroon striped lilies, yellow & orange lilies, hibiscus, daisies, daylilies, a Rose of Sharon, gladiolas, & nasturtium that has yet to bloom & the sunflowers but it has been warmer & we’ve gotten a lot of rain recently, so hopefully they bloom sooner this year.

Now that I think of it, my summer flowers are a lot of oranges, yellows, white, & some red/pink colors. Very Summer Solstice/Sun Festival/Summer colors!

8 Likes

Black Eyed Susans grow wild here in Texas. I remember picking them for mom when I was little and telling her I made her a bouquet of daisy’s.

8 Likes

I knew there was a reason I wanted to go back to TX :thinking:

8 Likes

Not in this heat and drought. Lol!

8 Likes

I do remember my pool & central air being used quite frequently…

8 Likes

I’m definitely not looking forward to the electric bill. Between the A/C and trying to water trees it’s going to be crazy. We have a well so no water bill just electricity.

7 Likes

Oh I know that feeling. It’s warm but there’s an ocean breeze that comes across where I am, still in the dog days of summer here… that central air bill gets a little… pricey… kind of like around December/January/February the heating bill here goes way up. We don’t have well water either so it’s all through the town systems. Hopefully it’s more bearable & it’s just a blip in the weather pattern. :crossed_fingers:

6 Likes

I was surprised at how easily the seeds sprouted. Not 100% success but higher than I’d imagined for a Trademark fruit. I expected them to be sterile.

I really need to replant these two little guys and give them a bigger space to move into! I bet they would enjoy summers on the deck as well. Might have to look into that this week!

7 Likes

Beautiful Clementine “Trees” and Black-eyed Susans and Hostas. I love your plants, trees, and flowers, it looks enchanting and feels so peaceful. :heart:

7 Likes

Hi, @Susurrus
I am looking forward to seeing your pictures of all your lovely flowers. It’s been so dry and hot here, that my Sunflowers are off to a slow start this year. :heart:

6 Likes

That reminds me of a very specific goddess :thinking: :joy: :heart: :fire:

7 Likes

@MeganB… I bet I can venture a guess… :wink: I have some gratitudes & meetings to get to tomorrow when we aren’t so busy here & it’s a bit more quiet at the house.

@marsha OH! I did take some pictures today of recently bloomed flowers as I was looking for some sunshine for my day today where it’s been so dreary:

These are actually my neighbor’s flowers, but the first ones I saw today.

This is their rose bush that I saved from encroaching oaks from dropped acorns that sprouted… they were kind of through the bush… it took some time detangling what was getting cut & what wasn’t with thorns strewn throughout :joy:

One of my Tiger Lilies on the side of the house bloomed out of… honestly I don’t know how many there are &

One daylily out of two of my plants that bloom every year.

My bleeding hearts have passed & I’m still on the hunt for the rose bushes though. :rofl:

13 Likes

@Siofra_Strega
Your flowers are so beautiful :sunflower:
Thank you so much for sharing these :heart:

7 Likes

As my others start to bloom… they are certainly on their own timeline in the North East, I will add them. Right now my big garden they are still so little it just looks like a blanket of green with a mint bush placed off-center :rofl:

7 Likes

A blanket of green is so nice. That was one of the things I loved the most about Ireland, it was so very green! Where I live in Colorado is considered a high plains desert, so it’s nearly always brown. :heart:

7 Likes

I so wish I could visit Ireland/Scotland/Italy but I don’t know if I would survive the plane ride :rofl: I barely make it down the East Coast without a sedative. :joy:

I think that one day though when things are calmed down & my children have their own children… it’s something we can explore doing. My husband’s heritage is directly from Ireland also along with Canada & France. So maybe one summer we can go on an excursion when the nest has been quiet.

7 Likes

I flew to Colorado a few years ago to see my daughter and I am extremely claustrophobic, and of course we had the budget seats that are in the back of the plane. When we got on the plane it was a long tube (737) and I literally stopped. My husband gave me a little nudge and my terrified self made me way to the back of the plane. We had a slight delay because a plane was running late and there were passengers on that fight that needed to be on our flight. I was almost hyperventilating and my husband said “Baby, if you can’t do this we should really get off the plane now”. I told him to leave me alone because I was concentrating on my breathing! I was so embarrassed because the man that was sitting next to us was hearing our entire conversation, but him being the gentleman that he was, he kept reading his book. When we finally landed in Denver, of course we had to wait for everyone to get off the plane because we were in the back. The man that was sitting beside us reached up to get his bag and we saw the pistil. We were sitting by the air marshal the whole time! Lol! Anyway, flight home was Air Bus so it was short and fat and that was much better for me. The last two times I’ve gone to Colorado I have driven. Next time I fly I will need a sedative!

5 Likes

I flew from Austin, TX to Dallas, TX then flew to TN. The first flight was a Value Jet… the stewardess basically told me to shut up because I was freaking out from the size, turbulence, I wasn’t doing well. Then we get on the big plane & mid flight the seatbelt sign came on & just as I clicked mine the plane hit an air pocket & just dropped 50 feet (I don’t know the amount, it felt like 50 though & fast), I remember coming off the cushion of my seat. That was it for me. :rofl: I need sedatives before I get to the gate or I’ll pass out going down the hall to the plane.

I went outside to show the current work zones in my yard:

First that’s the green blanket garden

That’s our front where we found 3 bunny nests… so just waiting for the summer flowers

Somewhere in there is a big bleeding heart bush I’m waiting to trim & transplant because the forsythia went crazy this year. I need to trim it all back out of the driveway & find the bleeding heart bush too.

This is our patio area then diagonal across my backyard. We just added the seating & opened up the fire pit. So the top still needs to be cleaned & finishing up there & the brush needs to be moved to it’s new home.

That is a birdhouse, currently occupied by a yellow breasted light gray bigger bird (not a finch) & its amazing to watch them go in & out & sit in the branches around it or on the little porch. That was just a fun picture. Lol :laughing:

10 Likes

Oh what gorgeous Blanket Flowers! One of my favorites! I should see if I can find seeds and mix them in with my Black-Eyed Susans!

6 Likes