Magick Gardens One

I’m not sure what that is… it has a small red stem & 3 tiny green leaves & its a creeping weed so its like all attached by smaller vines under the soil. I thought I had pulled it all out when we started… it came back :rofl: but we got all the seedlings in beforehand.

5 Likes

I suppose I could be wrong… but the red and yellow flowers remind me of blanket flowers - pretty none-the-less!!

7 Likes

Oh! I thought you were talking about the blanket of “green” I posted. So sorry!

I like those ones too. Next time I see my neighbor though, I will ask him what they are called. He has about 4 new plants of them in front of his hostas.

They look a lot like those though that you shared! Now I’m really curious & mission is activated! :blush:

7 Likes

Everything is beautiful @Susurrus and so green! That was a scary plane ride you had. I probably would have passed out. Lol!

6 Likes

Thank you! I love the shades of green from the grass because I call it Frankenstein grass because the seed has been from different companies over the last 20 years or hydroseed from the septic being re-done… so it’s actually more than a few types of grass throughout our entire yard that is ridiculous. Then we have a couple of creeping weeds that we haven’t figured out where they came from, but they are invasive! I think it came from the different types of loam that they put down when they did the septic & then when they had to come back and re-grade the backyard because they pitched it the wrong way… fun with home ownership!

We have a lot of clovers and I don’t mind but it’s ALL OVER the place in my backyard & front yard. The bunnies eat it though & they have nests right now in that brush pile & those leaf piles plus a few in the front. So we leave the grass clippings & clover for as long as we can while keeping it trimmed so it doesn’t get too crazy… :rofl: It’s like having nature friends balanced with grooming the yard & the compromises the wildlife & us have about how the yard is taken care of during different seasons.

I went on the back porch & 2 chipmunks were on the porch with me just wandering around back there with me there. They saw my dog Moo (Moo had an emotional evening yesterday :laughing:) & they just went on the other side of the rail & walked away… my dog was just like… Hey, are you friends? He didn’t bark or anything just kind of looked at them like, Where are you going? and followed them as far as he could. But the chipmunks weren’t in any kind of hurry. They kind of mosied like they knew nothing was really going to happen but instincts were like… it’s time to go. :rofl: :hugs:

Yeah, that was what did me in as far as getting on a plane for a lot of years. I had to take Valium the next time because then I was older, married, with 2 kids going on a plane for the first time to FL for a family vacation. I didn’t want them to have a bad experience because of my anxiety about flying. Consciously I knew all the statistics & the safety & the rational flying risks… but that anxiety & panic boy does it do a number on you when triggered. We found out that I fall asleep for the exact amount of time that it takes to fly from here to Tampa. :joy: The boys have no problems on planes by themselves or with friends. So I’m happy that I was able to curb my anxiety for them. I didn’t want my experience to reflect theirs when almost everything was different since I had last flown. I did make my husband sit behind me though so I could hold his hand if I needed to from the aisle seats. But as I said, I slept until we landed :laughing:

I have found another stump from a tree that had come down & it has a new separate branch of some kind growing off of it. I’ve never seen anything like it before, like a smaller version of the tree growing from the side of the stump of the tree that came down 15 years ago in a storm that’s less than a foot tall. Crazy, but it’s blocking some other topiaries now… it’s so weird. I never would have noticed if I wasn’t behind my shed this weekend talking to my neighbors on the next street at the intersection of our properties :grin:

Ack… rambling again! I hope you have a great day & stay hydrated & as cool as you can! :heartpulse:

8 Likes

I think I’m going to a rain dance! Lol!

7 Likes

If I could send the rain we just had your way, then I absolutely would.

I’m going to look into weather manipulation now… :rofl:

7 Likes

Please do! I washed my car, that’s how desperate I am for rain. Lol, but I don’t think it’s working. :sun:

7 Likes

I brought my poor little dill plant inside because it’s on it’s last leg. I talked to it nicely, and put it on the window sill in the kitchen. I just checked on it and there is only 1 little stick left. My cat ate it! Poor dill and luckily dill is not poison to cats.

6 Likes

My dill plant just died :cry: I feel your pain!

6 Likes

Everything looks so pretty and green!

6 Likes

I’ve really loved seeing everyone’s pretty plants! :blush:

I got permission to share a few pics from my mother’s gardens- some of the blooms are already starting to fade. Summer is swooping in fast!

The lavender is almost in bloom too- I can’t wait to harvest the blossoms and make more dream sachets! :purple_heart: :blush:

15 Likes

There are a few fairy gardens around too:

:fairy: :blossom: :two_hearts:

17 Likes

I love the Fairy Gardens! And the beautiful flowers in your mother’s garden! @BryWisteria :heart: :rose: :fairy:

6 Likes

Thank you, @marsha :heart: I’ll tell my mother the pics of her garden were enjoyed! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :rose:

7 Likes

Rain is finally in the forecast for next week! Yay! I had a nightmare last night about wild fires.

6 Likes

Lovely! Thank you sharing these!

7 Likes

I never thought I would be happy about this, but the high tomorrow is only going to be 94 degrees! I may need a sweater. Lol!

8 Likes

I’m so glad you are getting some relief @Ostara Just a week or so ago we were in the 100s or very close to it. Today we are in the 60s. We’ve had such strange weather from one extreme to another. So crazy…

7 Likes

It’s that global warming thing. Unpredictable weather patterns. We usually have weather like this in August. There is rain in the forecast this week and we need it really bad. And the 4th of July is coming up and everything is dry and crunchy. Fireworks could be a bad thing this year.

8 Likes