March 2023 ✨ Collective Reading Check-In

March is a happy month for me because the two most important people in my life were born this month! It is also starting to smell like Spring here in Florida. Did you know that Spring has a smell? It is one of the most unmistakable smells that my nose has ever smelled… besides the smell of rain, but they are from similar causes! As a small science fact for the month, did you know that the smell of Spring and rain are caused by something called Geosmin? If you didn’t know that, well, now you do!

Anyway, it is time for another collective reading refresher to see if March has changed from our yearly reading. Since it is still so early in the year, I am not anticipating much change. If there is any change, it will likely be small. However, sometimes the cards have surprised me, so anything can happen!

If you need a refresher for our collective reading, you can find that here → Peering into 2023 :tarot_card: Collective Tarot Reading . If you are new here, this is a periodic divinatory reading I do to shine light on the collective reading that I do at the beginning of the year. The cards pulled here for the next month are a reflection and check-in with the relevant card from the yearly reading.

Was February Relevant?

As I always do, let’s take a look at the past month and February’s collective reading to see how it was relevant – or if it was relevant at all!

February 2023: Queen of Rods Reversed :wand_tarot:

Whatever happened last month, it doesn’t seem like it will affect February. We go into the month having an abundance of confidence in ourselves. We know our truth. We firmly stand in our beliefs. We aren’t afraid to share what we know and have that challenged by others. This energy of confidence may start off fairly small this month. This is your sign to build it up and really take charge of your self-image. Watch how others move through life – take inspiration (don’t compare!) from their routines, habits, and lifestyle. Find something that works for you so you can maintain the confidence you need throughout the year.

Read more: The Queen of Wands - Spells8 Tarot Lesson

The three other cards I pulled during the February 2023 :sparkles: Collective Reading Check-In post were The Four of Pentacles, the King of Pentacles, and The Hermit – and honestly, I can say this all definitely rang true for me in my life for February. I had a rough patch in the middle of the month that really tested my boundaries and my values. Of course, this was all very personal to me so I will not be sharing specifics. Just know that at least for me personally, my reading for February was very accurate!

I can say that the pentacles from last month represented more of my home life rather than material objects, but that tends to be the case for me personally. For me, the reading was more about protecting what I had worked so hard to grow and nurture, sticking to my boundaries and values when betrayed, and letting my voice be heard even when it was difficult. And ya know, I think I did a pretty good job for myself!

Let me know below how the reading for February played out for you!

:sparkles: This month, we are looking at the month of March!

As a reminder, the collective reading for the month of March has us looking at The Star.

March 2023:The Star :star:

Hope and abundance will be key figures this month. The Star is a leader in our lives. Think of the North Star – Polaris in the constellation of Ursa Minor – and how we can easily find our bearings if we are lost as long as we look to the stars. Take solace in your divinity this month. Let the Universe guide you forward with hope, whatever “the Universe” means to you. This is a moment of rest and peace along the path of the year. Take advantage of it while you can.

Read more: The Star - Spells8 Tarot Lesson

With this card in mind, I pulled three more cards to give us some more guidance on where March is headed.

The above image shows three tarot cards face up on a pink and white crochet cloth. The cards are from left to right: The Six of Wands Reversed, The Ace of Wands, and The Two of Swords Reversed.

The Six of Wands Reversed

While we rest with The Star in our hope and divinity, we may find ourselves rethinking what it means to be successful. This is a personal journey and decision, one that no one else can make for us. Though we know what success means to others, the fact that this card is reversed indicates that we are taking an inward journey in regard to success and what it means to us. We may even have some success this month, some achievement that would usually receive recognition. However, we are approaching life with a bit more modesty this month in terms of our achievements. This is a great time to think really hard about what success means to us and why we sometimes desire public recognition.

The Ace of Wands

Coupled with The Six of Wands Reversed, the Ace of Wands is the beginning spark of inspiration. It brings the hope from The Star to light with our inner work in terms of success. While we see the spark of inspiration and recognize our successes, this inner growth and work we are doing can open the door to more opportunities along the road ahead of us. This new opportunities may be something we have never thought to experience or pursue before, though we will most likely be full of hope and positivity stemming from The Star. Keep an eye out for new things and the little flicker of inspiration that has the potential to turn into a fire of passion.

The Two of Swords Reversed

Lastly, the Two of Swords reversed sees us in our heads really picking things apart. We may not be able to decide this month exactly where we stand, and that is okay. This card shows us that the process of analyzing ourselves and seeing where we stand is exactly that – it is a process. This is one that can take time and, though we may feel like we know where we want to go, indecision and a lot of information can make us stall a bit longer than we would like.

Just as a reminder…

:star: The Card of the Year: The Seven of Rods

• conflict, protecting what you’ve worked for, passionate disagreements

:star: Goals of 2023: Justice Reversed

• lack of balance, unfair treatment, honesty with others

:star: Obstacles of 2023: The Sun

• keeping the peace, complacency, people pleasing, avoiding confrontation

Putting it together…

As we look at all of the cards together, I still feel like the month is full of hope, divinity, and positive energy. It may not be the direction we wanted to go, but finding where we fit in terms of our values and how we define success as individuals is an important task for us to handle. Everyone sees success in a different light. This can cause conflict and confusion when one person wants to be acknowledged for their success while another wants to fly under the radar. However we choose to define success, it is important that we take our time to figure this out.

We may come face to face with an event or situation this month that requires us to use these values or put our own values to the test. Maybe you are struggling with letting go of your ego. This would be the month that your ego is tested. Or maybe you are on the opposite end and you struggle to recognize your own achievements. You may end up with public recognition as a spiritual task to help you come out of your shell and see your worth.

Whatever happens, The Star guides us through the night of our soul to find our inner light.

What do you think?

Do you have any insight to share from the collective reading? And how do you think February is going to go?

If you want to do your own reading for the new month, you can find the current infographic below. I also have a blog post that goes into more detail about each card in the layout. You can find that post by clicking here .

I also have a brand new YouTube video that details how I use this spread!

https://youtu.be/b4TAWebDokA

14 Likes

Yes yes YES! The Star is a really great card to represent the month :star: Even if the three guiding cards point to some work to be done and things to be cautious about, I’m really hoping that March brings about some hopeful change and helps lead us on a bright path forward. So mote it be!

These readings are always amazing- you do such a great job breaking down each card and then tying it all together. Your readings are a delight to read, @MeganB! Thank you so much for sharing them :pray::heart:

8 Likes

Ya know, sometimes I look back on the things I write in awe because they just… :pinched_fingers: they’re perfect even days later! I’m super hopeful that The Star brings us hope in March, even through the work we have to do. I know I’m already planning some projects, working through some difficulties, and doing my best to make the most of the month.

I hope hope that it will be good!

8 Likes

I am really feeling the March reading. I know it isn’t March yet, but a lot of the themes are already ringing true for me. I"m eager to see where everything leads!

7 Likes

I’m really feeling the reading, too. Coupled with my own reading, I have a lot of interesting moments to look forward to this month, plus a few things to ponder for myself. Hopefully it all leads to good things for everyone! :star2: :crossed_fingers:

7 Likes

It’s been a kind of muddy and confusing start to this year, but it feels like it’s starting to clear up a little… :blush: :star2:

5 Likes

I hope the clarity continues because I can definitely use it too :laughing:

5 Likes