April 2023 ✨ Collective Reading Check-In

March has come and gone, and I find myself thinking of the saying that April showers bring May flowers. It is a gentle reminder with a good visualization that sometimes it needs to rain before our blossoms can grow, both physically and spiritually. As humans, we tend to do our most difficult and rewarding growth in periods of darkness, despair, or sadness. Our most important growth often happens on the inside in darkness where no one else can see. When you get to the reading for this month, I am sure you will see why this saying is on my mind…but I am trying to have hope that April will be kinder, or at least revelatory!

If you need a refresher for our collective reading, you can find that here → Peering into 2023 :tarot_card: Collective Tarot Reading . If you are new here, this is a periodic divinatory reading I do to shine a light on the collective reading that I do at the beginning of the year. The cards pulled here for the next month are a reflection and check-in with the relevant card from the yearly reading.

Was March Relevant?

As I always do, let’s take a look at the past month and March’s collective reading to see how it was relevant – or if it was relevant at all!

March 2023:The Star :star:

Hope and abundance will be key figures this month. The Star is a leader in our lives. Think of the North Star – Polaris in the constellation of Ursa Minor – and how we can easily find our bearings if we are lost as long as we look to the stars. Take solace in your divinity this month. Let the Universe guide you forward with hope, whatever “the Universe” means to you. This is a moment of rest and peace along the path of the year. Take advantage of it while you can.

Read more: The Star - Spells8 Tarot Lesson

The three other cards I pulled during the March 2023 :sparkles: Collective Reading Check-In post were…The Six of Wands Reversed, The Ace of Wands, and The Two of Swords Reversed – I feel like personally, this reading was fairly accurate. It did give me the glimmer of hope I was looking for in terms of The Star card. I went through more than one personal revelation about success and my current projects. I have so many new ideas that I am actually really excited about, and I have been able to redefine my personal success on my own terms.

I really saw the spark of inspiration from the Ace of Wands. My friends could tell you that I have so many project ideas, plans, and goals that I want to achieve. Now that I have that spark, I need to put it into a plan with actionable steps to take!

The Two of Swords really had me thinking about my path and where I wanted to go. I know this has more to do with my projects, my family life, and the different things I want to do. I have been slowly able to remove the blindfold from my own eyes to really evaluate what is important versus what is something I think I should be doing based on the other people around me.

Let me know how the reading for March played out for you!

:sparkles: This month, we are looking at the month of April!

As a reminder, the collective reading for the month of April has us looking at The Ten of Cups Reversed.

April 2023: The Ten of Cups Reversed :cup_tarot:

You may have wanted and hoped for a harmonious and engaging relationship with your family – spouse, parents, or other – but that’s not what you’re feeling this month. There is an air of disconnect in April. Something isn’t there and everyone involved is struggling to keep the faith in the relationship alive. You will need to find common ground this month, a common goal to work toward so that harmony can be maintained. Be sure that everyone’s expectations are realistic and not rooted in fantasy.

Read more: The 10 of Cups - Spells8 Tarot Lesson

With this card in mind, I pulled three more cards to give us some more guidance on where March is headed.

The above image shows three tarot cards face up on a black outdoor table. The cards are, from left to right: The Two of Pentacles Reversed, The Tower, and The Six of Swords Reversed.

The Two of Swords Reversed

Overcommitted is your middle name this month. You may find yourself carrying too many things, wearing too many hats, and juggling too many plates. While this can be a challenge, this is a challenge of your own creation. By not having a system of balance or the ability to say no, you could find yourself completely overwhelmed with things to do this month. This can severely impact your personal life and finances, and you may even become so distracted with all of your responsibilities that you drop the bomb on important things such as your bills.

The Tower

I usually say The Tower is one of my favorite cards because it brings about necessary change, but coupled with the current cards, The Tower makes me extremely nervous. Whatever belief systems and foundations that your life is built upon will be questioned this month. That lightning strike of questioning and revelations will challenge everything you know and love. If your foundation crumbles, then it was not a good foundation, to begin with. This is a perfect time to rebuild yourself and your beliefs, even though it will be difficult.

The Six of Swords Reversed

On the heels of The Tower comes the Six of Swords Reversed. You know, the card that is all about resisting change and personal revelations. This card here indicates that there is something you have not completed yet. This could be a project or confrontation with someone, and your personal transformation will not happen until this takes place.

Just as a reminder…

:star: The Card of the Year: The Seven of Rods

• conflict, protecting what you’ve worked for, passionate disagreements

:star: Goals of 2023: Justice Reversed

• lack of balance, unfair treatment, honesty with others

:star: Obstacles of 2023: The Sun

• keeping the peace, complacency, people pleasing, avoiding confrontation

Putting it together…

To say I am really nervous or apprehensive about April would be an understatement. I already do not like the energy of the Ten of Cups Reversed, the card for April, so bringing in more cards that have a negative connotation really makes me scared for April. I have a feeling that this month will see a lot of family or household-related tumultuous energy.

The Two of Pentacles Reversed in this situation makes me think of that song going around on TikTok lately – You make me do too much labor. All day, every day, therapist, mother, maid. Nymph then a virgin, nurse then a servant. 24/7 baby machine so he can live out his picket-fence dreams. Just an appendage, live to attend him so that he never lifts a finger… I’m sure I got all of those lyrics wrong but the sentiment is still the same. You can listen to part of the song here on YouTube.

While this song encompasses the feeling I have about this reading, I do not think everyone is going to have issues with their spouse or significant other this month. Instead of looking at the Ten of Cups as romantic relationships, look at it in terms of all of your relationships – friends, family, coworkers, managers, etc. This is going to be a good opportunity to evaluate where people stand in your life as well as where you stand in theirs. Do not take on more than you need to for people that would not do the same for you.

With the Six of Swords Reversed being at the end, I am thinking that a lot of the issues we may face this month have to do with confrontations or significant events in our past that we have not dealt with. This is likely what will cause our Tower moment as we begin to heal during the first full month that Pluto is in Aquarius. I see this being a difficult time for many people, myself included. But as long as we go into the month with an open mind and heart, I think we can use what we already know about ourselves and others to heal from our past and pave a better path to the future.

What do you think?

Do you have any insight to share from the collective reading? And how do you think April is going to go?

If you want to do your own reading for the new month, you can find the current infographic below. I also have a blog post that goes into more detail about each card in the layout. You can find that post by clicking here .

I also have a brand new YouTube video that details how I use this spread!

Tarot for the New Month || A Simple Four Card Tarot Spread! [CC] - YouTube

10 Likes

Full disclosure: I am super crazy new at tarot, but I thought I’d see what my April pulled up! It wasn’t much better!

I got the tower, the high priestess reversed, the empress reversed, and justice. I definitely got some meaning from these and pulled an extra card just for more information… and I got the 5 of Moons (cups).

As far as I can tell, I’ve been ignoring some things that really need to change and are disrupting some relationships I have. I’ve kept these struggles to myself and now I’m regretting it. Right now, I have a super bad attitude about what’s going on and I need to check it so that so I can get things back in balance for everyone involved. Looks like April is gonna be some hard work for me!

7 Likes

@MeganB

Thank you, I know this must have been hard to post. I have mostly been ignoring my feeling of an impending sense of doom! I hope it’s not as bad as the cards reveal, the major astrology aspects and my intuition feels it will be. Perhaps if we do lots of healing, peaceful, and protection spells we can change what’s coming… I believe if we all join together we can make a difference. I think the Group Ritual on March 30th :shield: Shields UpProtective Spell is a great start!

With love :hearts: and magick :sparkles: always

7 Likes

@AileyGrey – It looks like we’re picking up on similar energy. I am definitely not looking forward to April and I can already feel it in my personal life. It’s like the energy is ramping up for some sort of shift that none of us are going to be ready for. :grimacing:

@marsha – I’m not super knowledgeable about astrology, so maybe I should look into that for the month – or at the very least read up on someone else’s research about the transits and stuff. :sweat_smile: I’m going to be doing some home protection spells, creating a peace and harmony spray for my house, and hopefully, make it to tomorrow’s ritual.

6 Likes

I feel like this is a review of my past 4 weeks :laughing: I’m not ready to go through all of that again, so… I’m just going to, I don’t know what right now… maybe get back to you in a little bit with my results once I try the month ahead spread later today. :hugs:

6 Likes

I totally feel that :joy: Hopefully your monthly spread looks better than this does!

6 Likes

Oh, c’mon, April- you can do better than this! :sweat_smile: Be a good month for us all, pretty please! :pray:

The Tower popped up during a reading I was doing last night- it wasn’t about April, but here in these last few days of March that does seem to be the mood lately lol. I’m hoping that the cards are being a bit dramatic or playing it safe for the better good. I really hope April turns out to be a better month than expected!

Thanks for another wonderful in-depth reading, @MeganB- I love these check-ins and how loaded with information they are! :heart::hugs:

6 Likes

Maybe April is just pulling a joke on me – I’m waiting for the scream of April Fools! in a few days :sweat_smile: I haven’t done my personal monthly reading yet. That’s on the agenda for today, but I’m really feeling the energy of April is going to be…chaotic at best? And I’m not excited :joy:

You’re very welcome! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

:grimacing::grimacing: geez April! I was just starting to get some positive energy in the house and in my relationship! Lol. I am going to keep doing the chant I created. I knew it would cause a shift and some difficult moments.

Great ideas @marsha I will add in protection and healing energies this month. Maybe as part of my new bedtime routine (I currently don’t have one) as I am tired :wink: of this insomnia!

With crisis comes opportunity. May we all see the opportunities this month provides for us so we step forth shaking off our winter shadows and step out into spring with new eyes!

Ohhhh- maybe I will do a dream intention of this reading and see what insight I get when I wake up. Then I will post the dream work as my weekly challenge. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Somehow my first thought was “come at me April, I’m ready”… we’ll see how true that’ll be! :laughing:

This was my experience of March too :blush:
New hope, new ideas… I have a job interview next week, and that’s my Star and hopefully my Ace of Wands right there! :sparkles: It looks very promising, and even if it falls through I’m feeling like I can tackle another and another until I find the perfect one! :smile_cat:

The Two of Swords Reversed… I have had doubts about working for someone else again, and it not being the witchy light work that I’ve dreamed of, but instead getting back into IT… but it feels like the right thing at the right time now. Maybe it’ll be for a season, putting all the ghosts from my previous jobs and my worries with money to rest, maybe it’ll be a steady source of income for my continuing spiritual practice, that may or may not become self sustaining. Only one way to find out :sparkling_heart:

I have this mental image of a waitress holding a tray filled with cups filled to the brim, rushing from one table to another trying to keep it all together… :sweat_smile: I do have a few things for April already, from my job interview, to my first moon circle that I’ll be hosting, two tantra nights… one of them is going to be a Tantric Date Night, I’m going to go see if I can find someone cute to do rituals with and cuddle :smile_cat: :revolving_hearts: So much excitement~ :heart_eyes_cat: I’ll take this card’s advice though and take no more commitments if at all possible :sweat_smile:

I thought we were done with this one already?! :joy: Maya be one lady with no chill, I get it :joy:

Sounds promising… :flushed:

This makes me very, very curious of what this month has in store for us! :sweat_smile: Right now I’m very happy with my spiritual foundation, I’ve been building and rebuilding it for some time now. I’ve dissolved my anxiety into my perfect trust in Goddess. I’m kind of excited for the trials, really :smirk_cat: :sparkling_heart:

There are plenty of things in the air right now for me, we’ll just have to see which ones come down in one piece and which ones were not meant to be. I’ll be sure to enjoy the chaos, and think of those pretty May flowers :smile_cat: :hibiscus: :cherry_blossom:

6 Likes

Those were my thoughts, too :rofl: I’m ready for the happy and positive energy – not whatever * waves hands around * this is! No thank you, April! But I mean, if it has to happen in order to pave the way for new things then I guess I can be open to it :laughing: I just hope it isn’t as chaotic as the reading has predicted!

You are a shining light in anyone’s darkness so I’m sure April will be just fine for you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I really like how you broke everything down in your post, too. That helps me see that my reading resonates with more than just the surface-level things. I think The Tower in this sense is going to be more of a test than a crumble…if that makes any sense at all. Here’s to crossing my fingers :crossed_fingers: that April is good to all of us!

7 Likes

Awww you sweetheart, that means the world to me! You mean the world to me! :hugs: :sparkling_heart:

I’m glad you found it helpful too! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I love breaking things down and being systematic about them, and I love that in you too! :smile_cat: :two_hearts: :revolving_hearts:

I think that came across very nicely in your reading! :blush: That also makes me feel a little more relaxed about it… just a little! :sweat_smile:

Whatever comes, we all still have each other! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

This is exactly right! :people_hugging: I feel like we’re all going to need a collective hug for April :rofl: Maybe I should just add us all as a group to the Energy Exchange Circle for April lol

7 Likes

I just did my monthly spread and I got the wheel of fortune and a bunch of swords-mostly reversed!

I will mind how I go, meditate and watch my thoughts!

I think @marsha is right, lots of light love and protection to everyone this month! :heart:

6 Likes

I have yet to do my monthly spread… & honestly after all of the most recent Freebie Friday reversals & the check in & subsequent reversals for others, my reading, & my own personal draws… I’m a little… leary of doing this :laughing:… but I will get it done & fill you in on my results afterward! :muscle:

6 Likes

@Phoenix_Rose - Dang those swords :sword_tarot: That’s how I know a month is going to be more focused on my mental health and inner voice rather than external things lol I’ll be sending all the love to everyone this month!

@Susurrus - I don’t blame you for being leery about it :rofl: I was for mine, too – and honestly, it wasn’t as bad as I thought it was going to be.

5 Likes

Since apparently over the last going on 6 weeks of chaos :laughing: a coping mechanism, that I really need to reel in :rofl: was buying tarot decks :face_with_hand_over_mouth: With that being said, I think I am going to use my Wandering Moon Tarot… which actually has 81 cards as there are 3 additional Major Arcana cards added by the creator.

I haven’t gotten to actually really look through the cards or look up what the 3 additional ones are, but I am definitely very interested in the deck & those 3 cards! The deck also came with a separate smaller deck which is only the Major Arcana cards including those 3, which is exciting :star_struck: to have a new option when using my cards each day… whether tarot or oracle in tandem with my daily draws. :hugs:

5 Likes

Hi, I’m back… finally got over my resistance with doing this spread for myself & got it done :laughing:

I used my Wandering Moon tarot deck & thankfully… didn’t draw any of the 3 cards that aren’t in the usual Major Arcana to try & figure out. Not that I wouldn’t have, but I’m a bit drained from the last couple of days, so it took me a while to draw the cards & then interpret them the best way I know how :rofl:

So, I drew for the theme (first card)

• Queen of Stars :star: (Pentacles :pentacle_tarot:) Reversed (I’m not sure what is with the reversals heading into this month, but at this point, I’ve accepted them :joy:) In basic terms… the possibility of some frivolous spending maybe or more home-based imbalance (ie: family type or within the home)

Events/ideas influencing me this month (2nd card)

• The Magician :magic_wand: - I have the skills, resourcefulness, & communication to draw on & use to take action

Roadblocks that may get in the way

• King of Wands :wand_tarot: Reversed - high expectations, impulsiveness, or haste making decisions

Possibilities for the month

• 7 of Moons (Cups :cup_tarot:) Reversed - Indecisive, not thinking before doing or not using what I know

On the whole… with them put together… & my general feeling as they were drawn :pleading_face:

There is a real possibility of unnecessarily spending money :money_with_wings: if I’m not using my resources & skills or communicating these things when I’m having trouble making a decision & then deciding to act without using those resources or skills. In turn, this may cause an upset with the normal flow of the household that may lead to unnecessary setbacks financially :moneybag: this month. :flushed:

So… going to definitely keep that in mind as we are still very early into the month & reminding myself to keep things on track. Especially since we have my pupper’s pre-op & surgery in June, then follow-up & annual appointments in July. Along with regular appointments & check-ups for family members & the usual end-of-school-year events combined with the beginning of summer here starting in May once Memorial Day weekend hits. It tends to start getting busy around now in my area with the weather being much more favorable as each day passes.

5 Likes

I’m not good at reading the cards yet but y’all have me intrigued to do a monthly spread now!

5 Likes

We’re just a few days into April and it has hit like a ton of bricks three days in a row :dizzy_face: All I can think of is: Megan and her cards told you so! :laughing:

Here’s to hoping we got it all out of the way and we can ride smooth for the rest of the month haha. Wishing a smooth ride for everyone else too- so mote it be! :pray::heart:

3 Likes