Merry Meet Monday - Magick News of the Week! Jul 18 - 24 šŸŒ—

Update to the MMM:

This weekā€™s group ritual post is now live in the forum! For more details, please visit the full post here:

7-21 Release Relax Ritual Waning Crescent Moon

(Group Ritual - Jul 21) :relieved: Release and Relax Ritual

The Waning Crescent Moon encourages us to embrace relaxation and reflect on positivity. Peer deeper than the darkness, release what is blocking you, and find your soothing inner light in this group ritual :crescent_moon:

Looking forward to indulging in some relaxing quiet time with you all this Thursday!

Blessed be, Infinite Roots :heart::tea::waning_crescent_moon:

5 Likes

drem, yol, lok vozah rumme! Faal diist ahvos fen das kos voknau mu!
Hello, Infinite Roots! Lammas will soon be upon us.
Oh, wow. Dovahzul has made my speech sound really formal. :laughing:

Anyway, for Lammas, Iā€™m thinking of making a harvest oil that includes olive oil, basil, and thyme. Not sure yet what other prosperity herbs would go well with them. Any ideas?

And on another note, some of the dollar stores are starting to put out Halloween candy and some of the craft stores are putting out autumn and Halloween items. I know that we still have Lammas and Mabon, but I canā€™t help myself! Iā€™m a Fall Witch! Hey, that could be a great badge title for a future challenge.

6 Likes

I didnā€™t forget & it is still tomorrow from yesterdayā€¦

These are the Crystal Grid Cloths I have that I came across while looking for something else:

These ones I received in Tamed Wild Subscription boxes, Iā€™ve been getting them for 2 years.

This one is from BouchetteDesign - Etsy when I got their crystal oracle deck it was a free add on

So that just reinforces that I need to use the skills I have learned to come to practical solutions & keep myself moving forward :smiling_face:

8 Likes

I forgot to say thank you for this! Yes, it did & I cut up her apple to bury in my yard today & then poured her stormwater over a piece of white quartz-like rock on the edge of my front garden. It has a point on each end right to the corner of the garden & I poured from the outer edge to the inner edge. I donā€™t know why, but every time I empty the chalice with her stormwater, thatā€™s what I do with it. If I leave milk for Brighid, I pour that over the base of an oak tree in my back yardā€¦ donā€™t know why thatā€™s just what Iā€™ve always done. :smile:

4 Likes

Donā€™t melt, either way, weā€™d miss you here! LOL!

Yeah, Iā€™m going on like three years on this one sore. I should have named it and claimed it on my taxes.

They fixed it today once it was run down! Iā€™m back in business, thanks so much for the help!

I love Halloween as much as the next witch, but thatā€™s too early! Next thing you know theyā€™ll have Christmas stuff out in August!

Both sound like wonderful rituals! Weā€™re not allowed to put any food outside for the animals, it attracted a bear so for now I make do with offerings of incense. After all, I donā€™t want a bear climbing through my window! LOL!

8 Likes

@Amethyst having woken up one night with a bear on the back porch off the kitchenā€¦ no that is not something you would want to have to happen!

It has been a while for your leg, but it seems like so far the best results have come from the grafts. So hopefully this one doesnā€™t get too bad now that youā€™ve had the graft for it while itā€™s smaller.

@kasandra, I was at Michaelā€™s today (I was there for 1 item & walked out with the 1 item 20% cheaper) the first thing I noticed was the autumn-themed merchandise, I believe some of it (if not all the shelves) were at least 30% off the fall/autumn items. I couldnā€™t believe it!

7 Likes

@Susurrus SAME. I have one child, 13 and my boyfriend has 3 children. Two of his and my one live with us. SO itā€™s chaos every single day during summer vacation so Iā€™m ready for school next month lol! I have to hide away in my office and tell them 700 times before coming in here that I will be busy, if they need anything itā€™s their last chance, and do not bother me until I come out of the room. :laughing:

It barely works, but hey Iā€™m about at a 50/50 rate of getting peace sometimes :laughing:

7 Likes

@Amethyst YES, that is SO me :laughing: I just did this a little bit ago with some things in my office hahaha! Iā€™m SLOWLY but surely, getting rid of shoes and clothes right now. I definitely need to declutter. So Iā€™m doing that this week in between everything else each evening. (Itā€™s also quiet and alone time, everyone scatters when I start to declutter, throw things out, and clean up house! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

7 Likes

Oh, she isā€¦ so different than my boys & girls are sneakier or they think that they areā€¦ apparently they think that parents donā€™t talk to each other about anything except whether or not one can go to the otherā€™s houseā€¦ & that we were never their age before becoming a parent. Itā€™s a delicate situation, thatā€™s for sure :smile: The age of 13 & Junior High hit & wowā€¦ complete 180 in a matter of days then it can switch back & forth at any given time. :joy:

I get my morning meditation done while she is at sailing :sailboat: lessons Monday through Thursday. Itā€™s the afternoons & the ā€œ3-day weekendsā€ where she apparently needs my entertainment completely if she has nothing else to do after chores. Oh how fun young teenagers are when they think they should be ā€œtreated like a grown womanā€ or ā€œthey arenā€™t like their siblings so they shouldnā€™t be treated like they areā€ or ā€œyou need to trust me moreā€. Itā€™s been quite the last few days here with her. :rofl:

7 Likes

Hello, my current happenings this week is a visit with a brother who is difficult to deal with. He is prickly, picky, anxious, and judgey. I was considering covering up my witchy stuff when he gets the 5cent tour of the house but I also donā€™t think it is worth it to cover the items up. I am hoping for a good visit.
I played baseball in the heat last night. Had to pour ice water on my head to feel cool. I play ball two more times this week so I am hoping for cooler weather! Of course I have a friend from Alabama who now lives here in Ontario, Canada and he chuckles and says I donā€™t know heat :joy:. I say it is relative and it is hot for me. :grin:
I consecrated my wand. That was a nice process. I followed what was on spells 8 and it had recommended using it right away to connect with the goddess. I chanted and focused and pointed my wand at myself and felt the energy connect in me. It was like a shiver run up and down my spine.
I am travelling this weekend to Montreal with my adoptive dad (88) and my two boys (14 and 12). He didnā€™t ā€˜adoptā€™ until I was in my 30s but he has been an amazing dad. I didnā€™t have one up to that point. We havenā€™t seen each other much because of Covid so it will be nice to spend time with him.

Have a great week everyone!!!

8 Likes

@Amaris_Bane what do you usually do for Lughnasadh? I saw an ale bread in my witchā€™s date book so I am going to make that for sure.

@AileyGrey i have a 14 year old and a 12 year old. I know my job is to raise an adult and that I am their caretaker and it is a blessing to see them grow. However, with each passing year and at odd occasional moments, I get choked up because my babies are growing up. :grin::cry:

@robin77 interesting about casting to remove bad habits. I just read that somewhere else too. It is a neat idea and I am getting an inkling that I should be looking at doing this too. :wink:

@Ostara I am glad you are feeling better!!

@Amethyst I hope the skin graft works.

9 Likes

The harvest oil sounds amazing! :star_struck: I usually use basil for luck (and $$$- itā€™s a great prosperity herb!) and rosemary (general positivity, luck, good fortune- itā€™s a great ā€œeverythingā€ herb). You could also add a type of pepper for a little heat to speed up prosperity, and garlic is a great addition to oils (increase health and immunity).

Noted! :grin: :writing_hand:

8 Likes

Crap! That would scare the willies out of me! And other stuff too!

SIgh. I hope it helps. I only have one more graft to go. Then Iā€™ll be trying collagen I think? Donā€™t know how. Maybe theyā€™ll inject it. Ew. Thanks for the good wishes!

I need storage space. I have what little holiday ornaments I have in boxes in the junk corner of my bedroom. I try to keep stuff down but my incense collection has grown too big for the tote Iā€™ve got it in, not sure what to do now. LOL!

Urgh. Sending you good wishes and protective vibes so you can deal with him. Remember, no one has the right to make you feel bad about yourself, not even your family.

Thank you! Me too!

8 Likes

I believe that collagen can be injected into the site or taken orally or through an IVā€¦ I will hope for just taking it as a capsule thoughā€¦ I canā€™t imagine any type of needle sticking is what you are hoping forā€¦ I will keep you in my healing prayers :two_hearts:

Well, at 11 years old I can honestly say I was absolutely frozen in the kitchen when I saw him at the door, then turned to wake up my brother but ran back into the living room.

5 Likes

I can handle needles some if itā€™ll get this blasted thing healed! Thanks, love!

7 Likes

They may also do a patch and place it under the graft!

7 Likes

This will be my second year celebrating. Last year, I actually celebrated with friends because it fell on a weekend so it will be my first ā€œalone.ā€ Last year, we decorated with harvest images and made foods that are made with the ā€œfirst harvestā€, which is grains. While my friends are not pagan, they were sold on the idea because beer is made with a grain, lol. We had smoked brisket and in-season vegetables (carrots, beans, potatoes, snap beans, zucchini, etc.). I then asked each of them to bring something that was made with a grain. We had a huge assortment of breads and cakes, and of course beer, lol. Someone even did research and made a fruit dessert with peaches since they are usually ripe around this time of year as well!

The best was I had just bought regular plastic ware and paper plates to use but the girls went behind my back and found out what colors were associated with the holiday. They had a mix of browns, oranges, and reds for plates, plastic ware, napkins, and table cloths! They went to the dollar store and found little decorations (they were early thanksgiving decoration but I wasnā€™t complaining) to decorate the table with. Seeing all this made my heart warm!! They had no idea what they were celebrating with me but knew it would make me happy. I adore my friends!

This year, it looks like Iā€™m going to just do a simple meal of meat and roasted root vegetables. Iā€™ll likely purchases a loaf of bread from a local bakery instead of making one like planned since I got hit with COVID. I always dedicate the first piece to the harvest and the gods/goddesses.

8 Likes

Thank you @Amaris_Bane for letting me know. I am looking forward to this year now as you have given me a few good ideas. My husband will be on board because there will be beer :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Shon tovaakke! Zuā€™u drey ni lorot do brah arovseprahkend (thereā€™s no word for rosemary in dovahzul, so I called it an ā€œherb of purificationā€).

Nice suggestions! I didnā€™t think about using rosemary.
Iā€™m also thinking of using bayleaf (for success) , cloves (for protection) and oregano (for happiness).

7 Likes

These all sound like wonderful choices- your oil is going to be amazing, Kasandra! Happy crafting :sparkles::blush:

Iā€™m wishing you all the best with the graft, Amethyst- I hope it goes well! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes