Merry Meet Monday - Magick News of the Week! Jul 18 - 24 🌗

Merry Meet !

Welcome to your weekly update about what’s happening in both the forum and the witchy world at large :mage:

Here’s the news for this week:

Upcoming Events :spiral_calendar:

Mark your calendars so you don’t miss out on these one-day-only events!

[ [ Moon Phase: Last Quarter Moon :last_quarter_moon: ] ]

On Wednesday, July 20th , we will be blessed by the light of the Last Quarter Moon.

Last-Quarter-Moon-Phase-Spells

The last quarter moon is a time of rest and the banishment of negative energies or forces in your life :broom: .

For more information about specific spells recommended for the last quarter moon, visit the guide Moon Magic: Spells for Every Lunar Phase: Last Quarter .

Waning-Moon-Magick-Ritual-Ideas-750x500

The Last Quarter Moon is a Waning Moon phase. For more Moon Magick and the best spells for this time of month, visit the Waning Moon Magick Guide :last_quarter_moon:

Ready for Moon Magick? You can find current moon information for your home as well as complementary spells and rituals to draw on its energy on the Spells8 Lunar Spell Page :sparkles:

[ [ Group Ritual : Together with Your Coven :infinite_roots: ] ]

Join in for a shared group ritual meditation and coven chat on Thursday, July 21st - this activity is open to all active coven members :tea:

Group Tea Ritual - Seasonal Litha 2022

The group meditation ritual has step-by-step instructions that you can join in on your own schedule at any time during the day.

Group rituals are held every Thursday. Feel free to visit last week’s group ritual to get an idea about what to expect.

Please note that group rituals are hosted in A Sacred Space - you must be logged into your active Spells8 account to access the ritual.

Don’t have an account yet? No worries! You can join Spells8 here :sparkles:

[ [ Freebie Friday - Free Readings :flower_playing_cards: ] ]

Have a burning question on your mind? Seeking some guidance for how to best approach a problem? :thinking:

This is your chance to find some answers, as the talented @MeganB is kindly offering free readings via tarot and oracle cards! :crystal_ball:

Picture from Pexels

The next Freebie Friday post will be Friday, July 22nd . For more information and to get an idea about what to expect, check out last week’s Freebie Friday :tada:

[ [ Group Healing Session :handshake: ] ]

Join a group healing circle to support those who are passing through hard times this month. Microphones and cameras will be turned off during this one hour open space, and coven members are welcome to come and go as they please.

The live gathering will be held on Friday, July 22nd at 2:00 PM EDT . This is the first of two live group healing sessions this month.

EEC Group Healing Session

For more information about the Energy Exchange Circle, please see the section below in Ongoing Activities or visit the current EEC discussion: Energy Exchange Circle :hugs: July 2022

Please note that you must be logged into your active Spells8 account to access the meetings hosted in A Sacred Space . To make your account, you can join Spells8 here - the first 15 days are free! :sparkles:

[ [ Other Events of Interest :mag: ] ]

A collection of curious (and perhaps conversation-starting!) events coming up this week that may or may not be witchy-related:

:spiral_calendar: For more witchy and pagan holidays in the near future, you can check out the 2022 Pagan Holiday Calendar and the Spells8 Email Newsletter.

Ongoing Activities :raised_hands:

These activities are open to enjoy whenever you’d like- feel free to partcipate anytime before their deadlines!

[ [ Weekly Witchy Challenge :trophy: ] ]

Every week, the forum hosts a challenge exploring one specific area of magick. Challenges are open to everyone and all are encouraged to participate in a way that reflects their unique magickal practice.

The current theme is: HandCrafting :heart_hands:

Spells8 HandCrafting Craft Art Witch Challenge

This challenge will close on Tuesday, July 19th at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time) and a “Props and Presents” post will appear to give recognition and prizes to all participants :gift:

Are you ready? Join the current challenge here:

(And as always, a brand new challenge will launch on Wednesday!)

[ [ Spells8 Book Club :books: ] ]

Calling all book lovers! The next reading period for the Spells8 book club is now in session!

Spells8 Book Club

You can find more details and submit your book to read in the current thread:

Please note that this reading period will end on Friday, August 5th .

And if you haven’t done so already, please feel free to share and swap your book reviews from last session in the current Reader’s discussion thread: :memo: Spells8 Book Club XVIII - Readers’ Reviews!

More information about the book club and how to join can be found in Book Club F.A.Q and Introduction .

Happy Reading! :open_book:

[ [ Energy Exchange Circle :hugs: ] ]

Do you have a little extra love to share and are looking for ways to help out a fellow coven member? Or perhaps you’ve fallen on hard times and could use some positive vibes your way?

Spells8 Energy Exchange Circle

The Energy Exchange Circle is a great way to support and show love to coven members going through hard times. To do a good deed and show you care, consider leaving a note of support in the current thread:

More information about the coven’s wholesome energy exchange can be found in the Energy Exchange Wiki .

This month’s Energy Exchange Circle will end on Sunday, July 31st .

Thanks for spreading the love! :heart:

[ [ Your Daily Draw :tarot_card: ] ]

Are you looking for a bit of higher guidance to help you out today? This collection of daily oracle card (as well as tarot and rune) readings is available for you to access and read thanks to the generosity of the coven :pray:

Spells8 Forum Daily Oracle Card Draws

To enjoy a daily message or share your own, visit:

Please note that this oracle discussion will close on Friday, September 30th .

[ [ Tending the Flame :fire: ] ]

Stop by the fire and tend the flame with your coven- this ongoing discussion invites all to come in, relax, and pick up a bit of motivation and support for the day.

Share a picture of your own flames or simply enjoy the lights of the coven! :candle:

Tending Brigid Brighid's Flame Spells8

Help tend the flame and visit the discussion in:

The Brigid Flametender discussion remains open throughout the year- please feel free to enjoy this activity as often as you’d like!

New Members :wave:

Merry meet to all of the new members who joined the forum over the past week!

:infinite_roots: Welcome to the Forum and the Infinite Roots Coven! :infinite_roots:

@violet3, @samantha70, @sierra2, @misty14, @niki1, @ariadna, @steven5, @trina2, @MOONGIRL13, @jessica106, @lexi3, @danielle31, @trishell, @tabitha4, @candice7, @gretchen3, @kate6, @victoria40, @audrey5, @angela39, @sinziana, @tracy15, @ralia, @kali, @cynthia6, @tabitha5, @john10, @chelsea27, @piper1, @sabrina12, @beverly5, @marquail, @Jeania, @janie1, @ashanti, @beverly6, @angelica5, @heather68, @ma1, @Mirmanda, @michelle62, @tina19, @frongillo, @ashleigh9, @suzanne5, @taryn, @linsay, @chelsea28, @shawndra, @luka1, @nina7, @ashley41, @christopher1, @melody3, @kristin6, @niki2, @barbara14, @kristen17, @MorganFay, @john11, @tracy16, @michael12, @beth8, @laura39, @breezeb4, @trimarra, @wendy16, @Anjelique, @sherice, @samantha71, @aura, @amy62, @corrie, @jaime8, @dorothy6, @shayna, @brandy10, @chasity7, @matariel, @nadia10, @skylar3, @diana12, @arazely, @manuela, @eliza2, @finn1, @kristy7, @suzanne6, @leonor1, @shawna1, @jessica107, @harley2, @Draykor75, @shannon25, @angel25, @warren, @desiah1, @destinee3, @jan_TheGreenWitch, @heather69, @katelynn3, @jessica108, @barbara15, @brandy11, @gardenstone, @stormy, @tina20, @robert5, @stephanie52, @sage1, @kayla30, @Mydnite83, @glori, @sandra12, @brenda4, @kathy6, @telaya, @kymberly, @heather70, @ColletteMary, @kari6, @Tinkerbell813, @tabitha6, @zoe7, @Kozmicblue869, @justin2, @stephanie53, @sheila3, @bee1, @monica11, @michelle63, @hannah33, @amanda74, @wendy17

If you haven’t done so already, please feel free to say hello to your new coven by creating a new topic in the Introductions Category . Consider sharing a bit about who you are and your journey into practicing magick :sparkles:

We would all love to give you a warm welcome to the forum family! :hugs:

Special Shout-Outs :loudspeaker:

:raised_hands: FORUM ACTIVITY

Every week, those who share the most posts and give the most hearts receive an Activity Shout-Out. The top posters and sharers this week are:

• @Amaris_Bane - for sharing the most posts this week :writing_hand:

• @Marsha - for giving out the most hearts this week :heart:

After a three-week streak being featured in the weekly shout-outs, @Amaris_Bane will receive a special badge for their contributions to the forum- woohoo! :confetti_ball::two_hearts:

Note : Those who receive Activity shout-outs for three weeks in a row are awarded the MMM Activity Badge and will not be counted in Activity shout-outs again for a two-month rest period.

Thank you so much for sharing your wisdom and inspiration through posts and your love and support through hearts- your time here helping the coven is greatly appreciated! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Also: a very big thank you to all members of Spells8 ! :infinite_roots:

Your contributions and love help to make this a welcoming and supportive place for solitary witches all around the world. Thanks for being here- Spells8 can’t exist without you! :sparkles:

The season continues as we move towards the next Sabbat- will you be working any weather magick this week? :sun_with_face: Any spellwork planned for the Waning Moon? :crescent_moon:

Whether it’s magickal or mundane, feel free to share your current happenings or give a shout-out to your fellow coven members in the comments below.

Blessed be! :last_quarter_moon: :sparkles:

10 Likes

It’s easy to spend a lot of time on here when you are home sick, :joy::joy::joy:. Now that I’m feeling better, I’m slowly getting back into my regular routines.

Welcome to ask the new members!!

I’m defiantly putting this on my calendar!! After both the hubs and I begging sick yet me still having to take care of the household (him plus 2 dogs, 2 cats, a lizard, my plants, and my wild birds that I feed), I deserve a little me time! I wonder if I can find a hotel near me that has a bath tub. :thinking::thinking::thinking:

I don’t have any major plans this week other than to continue to recover from COVID :mask: and finish my plans for Lughnasadh. I love my work because they don’t ask questions when I take what must be to them random days off for religious holidays.

Looking forward to what everyone else has going on for the week so I can live vicariously through them since I’m still only at 50%. :joy::joy::joy:

9 Likes

It’s a busy week in our household! We have so many transitions happening! Tomorrow my last baby turns 4. It’s actually hitting me a little harder than I expected. It’s the end of a season. There are no more babies in my house. The reign of the threenager will cease (until I have grand babies!). I go back to work for a training on Thursday and the. Back officially on Friday and 2 weeks after that, the new school year is upon us. Im ready and I’m not.

My to do list is overwhelming me a little bit and my household, for some reason, is really grumpy about me going back to work this year. Our summer has been pretty off this year, so maybe that’s part of it. I need to cleanse the house. I may do that in a bit.

We will all make it through, we always do!

8 Likes

I’m looking forward to this waning phase. I intend to do some spellwork tonight and tomorrow evening to set my intent use the moon energy to remove some bad habits. I’m looking forward to resting, listening and meditating for the rest of the week. I’ve committed to walking everyday this week and will search out some walking meditations to listen to on some of my walks. Anyone have suggestions?

There are some new beginnings happening closer to the new moon so just sort of cleaning and clearing up spiritually and physically in preparation.

8 Likes

Congratulations @Amaris_Bane and @marsha!

I am finally over Covid and back at work. This has been a long day!

9 Likes

Congratulations y’all! That’s so great, and a special hug to @Amaris_Bane for their three-week streak!

Hope you get back up to speed soon! You certainly deserve some pampering!

Aww, happy birthday from the strange lady in WV!

Good luck with that, @robin77! That’s a good idea, it should work a treat!

Sorry, you’re back to work, but I’m glad you’re over Covid. Get some rest!

I just got back from the doctor. They slapped another skin graft on me but up my compression bands so it’s tighter. Hopefully, that will help that new sore that popped up last week.

I’m thinking I want to write something for a ritual for Lughnasadh. I’ve done the one here on the forum a couple of times now, I’d like to do something original. So I may be doing that this week. We’ll see. I may just find something in a book. I have several holiday books.

I have an eye doctor appointment Friday, that’ll be fun. I hate getting eye drops and that puff of air in your eye. I know it’s needed, I just hate it. LOL!

My cell phone is messing up and I’m gonna have to let it power down naturally before doing a hard restart. The only problem is, I charged it up this morning and it’s frozen so I can’t play games and things to get the power down. So yeah, I may be waiting a week for my cell phone to run down.

Other than that, not much else going on with my week. Hope everyone is doing well! Have a good week people!

8 Likes

Congratulations!! :partying_face::sparkles:

I feel like I have a lot going on this week too but it’s just another schedule adjustment :sweat_smile: I swear, one day things will be streamlined!

You and me both! I could use all the self-care lately :sweat_smile: I am seriously considering going back to a physical planner so I can write things down rather than doing it all digitally. The digital stuff is getting me down and I think writing it all down would help. Does the planner you use have a journal section to write about your day? I may just have to make my own…

Oh my gods, already?! I feel like you were just talking about being excited for summer break :sweat_smile: happy birthday to your kiddo!

This sounds much-needed for you and probably many others, too. I hope you enjoy your time in whatever you do :heart:

Hooray!! :partying_face::partying_face: I’m glad to hear you’re feeling better. That’s such good news!

Hopefully it works like it needs to! :pray::heart:

6 Likes

Thanks, love! I’m hoping!

6 Likes

@MeganB it is! Summer break is a blink of an eye! The kids have til August 1. We get out mid May and we have a balanced calendar… that means I get 3 extra weeks off during the school year that other places do not… shorter summer, but more breaks throughout. It’s a decent trade off!

7 Likes

It has a notes section that you can use but it’s only a single page. I just switched over to the coil Linen from their regular Linen and love how easy it is to work with. There are a few extra note pages in the back as well.

What I do is have a little notebook and keep it on the back pocket. My current one is from FFP as I got 4 free one of my quarterly planners. They are the perfect size but I’ll likely see if I can find comparable ones on Amazon for a better price.

At the end/beginning of the week (whichever way you want to look at it), there is a weekly section that has a recap that I like. I didn’t do last week’s because COVID.

8 Likes

Oh nice, thank you for sharing those pictures with me!

8 Likes

Awesome job ladies! The coven wouldn’t be the same without you both!

Thank you to all members of the coven, without your contributions there wouldn’t be anyone to learn from! :heartpulse:

I know I have an appointment on Wednesday, but other than that not much except the fair has started this week in my town, so traffic is such a thing & so is the number of people on the route off the on-ramp that the County Fair is held on each year. :joy: Again, this time of year, I only leave my house for a good reason. Usually, I’m listening to the scanner, it’s gotten much worse over the summer than it has been in over a decade! Everyone is here with pent-up cabin fever & a heat wave… perfect for a fair by the ocean :rofl:

Have you ever gone looking for something & then you wind up with 6 more organizational projects… well that happened to me over the weekend. I’m still finding things! So far I have 2 altar crystal grid cloths. I have another crystal grinding cloth that is a bit bigger that is different. I know I have the sacred geometry one, Flower of Life, & the Seed of Life… plus one of them has a placement for each chakra marked by their representative sacred lotus flower on the grid if that’s what you are using it for…

I will take a picture of them tomorrow in my room. I knew I had them but before I took the crystal healing courses & started diving into energy work & chakras… I didn’t really know or felt like I wanted to use them. Now that I do, it’s good to know I have a few options for directing the energy.

Today started with a morning meditation & it was for a protective shield around my aura for the rest of the day. Then I did the Bloodstone Activation meditation on Spells8 because that was my crystal drawn for the week which to me is awesome because I am not opposed to an extra boost for my root chakra… plus to my surprise, it mentions & has the root chakra as a good part of the meditation. :star_struck:

I also did meditation for the Morrigan :triquetra: today because 3 days in a row I found 1 single black feather in my driveway, but not laying flat, they were standing up because the stem was in between the stones just right… but 3 times… so I figured before she got upset, I would reach out to her & tell her what progress I have made & how to use my coping skills to get through & hold my boundaries & chore program without falter so the free for all doesn’t get out of control.

9 Likes

I am very positive, I will be celebrating SELF CARE DAY!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I also plan on getting organized, yet again! I literally need to learn to stay on track!! I hope everyone has a great week!

Blessed Be! :slight_smile: :heart:

9 Likes

Merry Monday Lovely Witches!!

Just going to finish up a couple of projects this week. The forecast is hell temps :hotsprings: this week again so staying inside as much as possible. My little dog gets her staples out Thursday. Her biopsy came back negative so we are ecstatic!

@Amethyst just turn it off! Your phone will be fine to hard boot. Must play games! LOL I’ve done it a million times and mine is working fine :wink: Happy to hear your healing too :teddy_bear:

@AileyGrey those milestones for the youngest are very hard. Best wishes and enjoy your little ones special day (they will always be our babies). My oldest baby turns 27 tomorrow :scream: and my baby will be 17 in sept :scream: :scream: Time does fly. So many Moons…
:full_moon: :waning_gibbous_moon: :last_quarter_moon: :waning_crescent_moon: :waxing_crescent_moon: :first_quarter_moon: :waxing_gibbous_moon: :new_moon:

:sun:Have a great week everyone :infinite_roots:

7 Likes

Amaris Bane,
I am putting this one on my calendar, I hope you feel better hopfully you can get out soon and find something that is suitable for you! You do desearve some pampering! But we need to stir up the perfect antidot! Whats brewing in the witches cauldron? Me I am thinking of soaking my feet outside in my garden! I just moved in my new home and quite frankly its to late to start a garden but at least I have my plants!
Jeannie

7 Likes

I’m a little excited about International Moon day! I’m always looking for the moon & to see if I can find any stars around my house when I am out there late at night.

I definitely want to indulge in self-care day though! Hopefully, this weekend isn’t as active as the past ones.

We have had a lot of transitions this year too! I swear it’s the year for it because so far this summer; my husband started a new job, I went to a wedding, the next day a baby was born… new beginnings for everyone!

My “baby” is 13 & my only girl. So I understand that feeling of it hitting you harder. There are times when things my now adult sons do & it just hits me like a ton of bricks. I also understand that I’m ready but I’m not ready feeling. I have that when there’s some kind of transition. I will be that way when my daughter goes back to school. I will be excited, but sad at the same time.

I hope the new graft works on the new sore & it heals more quickly than in the past.

I think you will be able to come up with something great for Lughnasadh! Maybe look up some information on Lugh & find your own way to honor him & the first harvest. You got this, I know you will come up with something great… I bet one of your recipes here in the forum would have some perfect for it!

I have an eye doctor appointment on the 25th & they are dilating my eyes… woo hoo! It’s become a thing since I have lattice degeneration, astigmatism, nearsightedness… ah the life of a chronic illness that affects all things.

I feel this way, I’m hopeful that one day is soon because right now I’m walking a tight rope :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

This is the energy I hope to have by the time Sunday comes around. Having my husband & everyone home on the weekends is tough for me sometimes. Everyone is home & I feel like I need an airtight, soundproof room for them to not need me as soon as I decide to sit down for myself :laughing:

Supposedly we are having a thunderstorm :cloud_with_lightning_and_rain: or were supposed to have one last night for a week of the same types of temps :hotsprings: I don’t like when it gets this hot because it’s harder for me to withstand being outside if I’m not by the water. I also don’t want to walk to the beach from my house in the heat :smile:

8 Likes

Egads! Things like that always bring the people in droves! Good luck getting to and from your appointment. Hopefully, the Fair will move on soon and things will get better for you.

I also hope your meeting with the Morrigan went well. I haven’t found a patron goddess really so far, so I envy you your connection to her.

Are you like me, needing totes to put your junk in because you don’t want it out but you don’t want to throw it away either? LOL!

Have a good self-care day!

I hope this hard boot will help. The problem is it’s frozen so it won’t turn off or anything. I have to wait for the power to run down. ~headdesk~ Thanks for the good vibes for healing!

Thank you, love! I hope it helps.

I just want to do some research, and then I’ll get started writing. I’ll get there yet! Thanks, love!

Hope everyone stays safe in the heat!

8 Likes

You’re welcome! :two_hearts:

As for the fair traffic… I just avoid that road completely & go around… so much easier than sitting in traffic. People come from near & far to go to the fair each year. I have embraced what I call “Native Travel” because the locals all know how to avoid the main roads going around the back roads… some of the back roads are recognized by GPS systems now, so they aren’t as easy, but still way better than the parking lots of main roads or beach roads. :laughing:

Since we are supposed to have a heat wave, I will be inside most of the time until the afternoon when the beach here isn’t as full. I haven’t been down to the ocean yet & feel like I need to get there soon, every summer I’m usually down there in the afternoon. Things just haven’t allowed that for me this year yet :thinking: time to make time I guess!

6 Likes

You’re so welcome for the healing vibes!!! I know you’ve been battling this for a long time :purple_heart:
I forgot to mention that when your device is frozen and won’t turn off you can push in and hold the power button and it will shut the power off, then you can turn it back on. I had some games that would freeze mine up and that would fix it.
I used to build PC’s when I was in my 20’s, tech problems are the worst! I hope you are able to play again soon. :rose: :rose:

7 Likes