Merry Meet Monday - Magick News of the Week! Sep 12 - 18 šŸŒ—

She has since come down with Covid too so she has the flurona. Crossing my fingers I didnā€™t get it even through the mask, and I am officially quarantined. Sigh. At least Iā€™m at home and not at hospital! Thatā€™s a great thing!

4 Likes

Congratulations! :partying_face: :tada:

• @Medea - for sharing the most posts in the forum this week :writing_hand:
  • @john.knox - for giving out the most hearts, on a two-week shout-out streak! :heart:

Thank you both for all your contributions :pray:

4 Likes

It is crazy every time you turn around you need to get a shot for this or a vaccination for that now itā€™s polio againā€¦ Whenā€™s it going to end!

Now that I have changed my path and itā€™s taking me into a different journey Iā€™ve learned so much. Spells 8 and all involved is responsible for that. We can now use healing powers for strength, protection spells and etcā€¦

I hope you and your family feel better and have a great blessed dayā€¦Mote It Be!

Medea

5 Likes

Itā€™s weird how polio came back, true. Very freaky.

Thank you for the good wishes!

3 Likes

If I have any more crystals, stones, or rocksā€¦ my husband is going to start using them in our yard or hiding them from me :rofl: I donā€™t really need an excuse, but it will be Friday & I can say they caught my eye.

OH! That reminds me! We started going to watch the sunsets in different areas where we live & I walk the shoreline or go about calf deep & pick up treasures from the ocean or beach. Then I put them in a large vase in the kitchen. A lot of times they are rocks {shells too, but Iā€™m also running out of room for those :rofl:} & I collect beach sand & add it to the vase with the rocks from the same beach. Guess Friday we are going to Old Silver Beach & collecting some more beach rocks & sand :joy:

So, some panic set it because when I first read this I thought it was this week & had to look at a calendar to check it out as I am so late to the party with this Merry Meet Monday post :laughing:

Congratulations :tada: to @john.knox for the most hearts & to @Medea for the most posts! :confetti_ball:

• Thank you for all that you contribute to the coven & forum each day/week! It is greatly appreciated!

Iā€™m sorry that I am so late to the party :partying_face: on this one, itā€™s been quite the week & today was quite the ā€œdayā€. Speed bumps happen & in my defense we do still have tourists & snowbirds lingering around town so everything took a bit longer than normal today :smiling_face:

@Phoenix_Rose I hope your son starts feeling betterā€¦ my son used to have the croupy cough every year like clockwork & we would do all the things to help him from sitting in the bathroom with the steam from the shower to bundling up & going outside in the cool evening/night air. After so many times though, {he had an asthma type issue when he got a bronchitis infection when he was about 7 months old in the hospital for a week} we had to bring him to the ER & they gave him a shot in the thighā€¦ never had croup again. I wish I could remember what it was, but it was when he was a child & now heā€™s 20 with no breathing issues & hardly gets sickā€¦ gotta love daycares & public schools for building immunity to different colds & viruses! I will see if I can find what it was they gave him because honestlyā€¦ never had croup or a croupy cough afterward.

• Good luck with your tournament! I hope you have fun & do the best you can to proceed through to the end & win! :tada:

I was on the fence about being out of the corporate job setting with Covid. I had to leave my absolute dream job in October 2019 & then by March 2020 my whole department was working from home :woman_shrugging: However, I didnā€™t have a choice about leaving. My providers already told me that they wonā€™t sign off on me going back to work for any reason or even part-time. So it was something I had to accept & then go on disability permanently. Now though, I canā€™t imagine being able to get through the last couple of years & trying to work full time also. I definitely would have had some kind of major breakdown :laughing:

@Medea you are very welcome & we are so happy that you love it here because we love having you! Even after over 2 years with Spells8, I still learn something new just about every day that I log in to the site or forum.

Iā€™m so happy for you that your leg is starting to show some positive healing progress! I will keep you in my thoughts & healing energy that I send to you! :revolving_hearts: I hope you donā€™t get the flu either! Positive energy sent your way & stay well! You got this under wraps!

Iā€™m having a very busy week that on paper, shouldnā€™t be this busy :rofl: But so goes life! All good things, I got my appointments out of the way since Monday & Iā€™m hoping to be able to join the Group Ritual tomorrow for my dog Moonshine that we had to have put down at the end of June. Iā€™m actually looking forward to joining this one for that reason & because it really feels like forever since I have been able to actually participate in the Group Ritual!

The only thing I have to do tomorrow is apply a vinyl sticker to a tri-axle dump truck for the driver. He works with my son & husband plus Iā€™ve known him for years. When he figured out that the 3 of us were related he was so excited :rofl: So heā€™s on vacation & I made him a sticker for his truck at work. I want to put it on before he comes back on Monday & it will have time to set to the box itā€™s on in the sun :sun:

Other than that Iā€™m going to try to get caught up within the forum because I feel like I have missed so much! :grimacing:

5 Likes

Thank you, @Susurrus. My son is already feeling better. It was quite quick this year. As people get older they do age out of croup. We also put Watkins on his chest. I so love that stuff.
He was in the hospital when he was 3 for ā€œabnormally hard to treat pneumoniaā€. What a crazy time. He was sick quite often but that was hard. He did also get a steroid shot to help with his croup one year. When he was 4 they removed his adenoids and tonsils. He was a different kid. Slept better and wasnā€™t as sick as often.

I am glad your son is so much better. That sounds like a good drug. You are probably in the states.

Sorry to hear you couldnā€™t work anymore. It sounds like it was for the best. I am happy that, apart from the tourists :wink:, you have a fabulous time going for walks and collecting rocks and shells. Sounds like fun. My husband does not like to go for walks and I am finding that I am not doing it on my own. I would love to have someone to go for a walk with. You would think I would walk with the dog more but we just play out back. If we go for a walk he just poops. I even play with him at home until he goes poop, sometimes twice, then I take him for a walk and he poops again! I mean honestly, how much poop does he have in him?! Lol.

Enjoy the tea ritual. I have a double header tomorrow night so I wonā€™t be able to join in. My poor Duke, I may just have to do it on Friday instead.

I hope your friend enjoys his sticker!

I hope the rest of your week is less busy. And is a lot of fun, taking in sunsets and rocks and shells :).

4 Likes

Thank you, my dear! Iā€™m testing negative for Covid but Iā€™m still crossing my fingers about the flu.

Iā€™m sorry about Moonshine. Itā€™;s so hard to lose a fur baby. Glad youā€™re going to participate today though!

4 Likes

Yay for a negative Covid test! You got thisā€¦ in that certain gift you got last year there is a sinus steam that you can use too. The ingredients have an antiseptic quality that it releases into the air. :wink:

Thank you, he was my first dog that was really mine & for 10 years my little guardian & rock. I will definitely be participating later today with something special for him & find a way to include Alphie. I know that he misses his little Big brother as much as I do. :revolving_hearts:

3 Likes

Iā€™ve used it before! Itā€™s not that bad yet, Iā€™m just doing prevention work right now. Thanks love, that gift is so special to me I donā€™t use it as much as I should.

Aww, you may have to get a friend for Alphie if he misses him too much. Some dogs donā€™t do well being an only child. Iā€™m certain itā€™s too early yet but something to think about.

4 Likes

Oh, believe me, I do. We got Moonshine before Alphie was even born. Moonshine was 3 :thinking: when we met Alphie as a puppyā€¦ then we took, (not took), that sounds so badā€¦ technically rescued him when he was about 1 1/2 years old. So the only dog he ever got along with & knew was Moonshine. (I donā€™t have the time to go into the backstory of Alphie, but he is much better now that he is a free range & climate controlled pup going to the vet) Losing Moonshine definitely took the wind out of his sails, but now he & I have this evolving relationship. I just hate leaving him at the house now, I feel bad.

It has come up about getting another pupper for him to have a buddy, Iā€™m not ready & feel selfish but Iā€™m also cautious because he is very protective of his house & his people & I know it would have to be a dog at least as big as Moonshine, maybe a little bigger or Alphie wonā€™t let it in the house. Unfortunately, he had a rough go before we rescued him, so he gets attached & protective of his comfort zone.

Girl, I got it so you would use it silly! I can always help you if you run out either make the items or replace them :hugs:

3 Likes

Itā€™s good that you rescued him. They know when theyā€™ve been saved, thatā€™s probably why heā€™s so protective. When you are ready, if that ever happens, you can ask the shelter if you can take Alphie with you so he can choose his own pet.

I donā€™t use the simmering pot as much as simmer coffee cups. LOL! I canā€™t carry a pot of hot water over where I sit and I canā€™t stand over the stove long enough to get the benefits of it. But Iā€™m using the rest, donā€™t worry!

4 Likes

:thinking: what aboutā€¦ a pot of water on the stove with it in thereā€¦ back burner like a teapot :woman_shrugging: :rofl: Oooā€¦ you can put some in the mesh bag & add it to a hot bathtub :bathtub: or showerhead :shower: & let the steam from that do itā€™s thing too! :grin: However it benefits you the best, the other stuff is great too! I have it in my drawer with the other things I need starting this time of year. :roll_eyes: The temperature dropped so fast! :flushed: I already have my compression pants on under my pants & I dislocated my shoulder last night in my sleep & it went back in when I rolled to wake upā€¦ soā€¦ Iā€™ll be inside primarily until at least the end of May :rofl:

3 Likes

Hi everyone! Wow have I been ill. My access power port got an infection and everything kind of domino-ed from there. Long story short, I was very sick, had it removed, inserted a PICC line and on the road to recovery - been sleeping sleeping sleeping, like non stop. I just came home from hospital yesterday and Iā€™m starting to feel more like myself.

I CANā€™T BELIEVE I MISSED THE CATCH UP CHALLENGE UGH OMG!!! @BryWisteria BOOOOO, disregard my DM, I guess Iā€™ll just post that liminal challenge anyway whooo! I have SO MUCH catching up to do and I missed every one of you witches so much!

Happy to be here, literally. So grateful Iā€™m alive and get to know everyone.

Light and tons of autumnal love, :maple_leaf: Jan

5 Likes

Helllo @jan_TheGreenWitch!!
I am happy to hear that you are home and feeling better.
Sorry that your port got infected. I hope the PIIC line works better.
I missed seeing your posts. You have lots of knowledge and wisdom and kindness to share. :heart:

At first I thought the maple leaf :maple_leaf: was because you lived in Canada but then I realized it is likely for the change of season currently going on. :wink: so beautiful this time of year.

5 Likes

I saw you first on the Aura & Energy Scanning Thread & had just set I hope that you were doing well & recovering from your treatments. Itā€™s nice to have you back!

I missed the Catch-Up Challenge also :flushed: Usually, those are my favorites, but last week is kind of a blur now that I think about it. There was a lot going on & I was moving & grooving all over the place :laughing: If you need anything please let us know & Iā€™m glad you are at least feeling a little better!

5 Likes

Wow, I knew it had gotten fall fast here but I didnā€™t know it was that cold yet for yā€™all up north! Sorry, youā€™ll be stuck inside, love!

Iā€™m so sorry that got infected and am glad youā€™re feeling better. You just canā€™t rest in the hospital, theyā€™re always checking your vitals or your blood sugar or something. Get some rest and donā€™t worry, there will be another catch-up post soon!

3 Likes

Thank you @Susurrus and @Amethyst I am grateful to be back and hope things stay more calm with treatment here on out. :green_heart:

3 Likes

I hope things get easier going forward for you too! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Iā€™m happy to see you back in the forum. I was actually thinking I hadnā€™t seen a draw from you in a while at the same time @Amethyst & other members were thinking about you too! Iā€™m so happy to see you back again & things hopefully calming down :revolving_hearts:

Just a reminder

Please! :pray: Definitely take your time if you need to, I think we all just were sending some kind of positive energy :heart: to you for your best outcome. Please donā€™t feel pressured to log in if you are resting that day. We completely understand :people_hugging:

3 Likes

Nothing but old news here! To find out whatā€™s happening this week, visit Activities to find the current Merry Meet Monday news post :newspaper: