Merry Meet Monday - Magick News of the Week! Sep 12 - 18 🌗

Merry Meet !

Welcome to your weekly update about what’s happening in both the forum and the witchy world at large :mage:

Here’s the news for this week:

Please note that in order to view events, activities, and posts hosted in A Sacred Space and the Energy Exchange categories, you must be logged into your active Spells8 account.

Don’t have an account yet? No worries! You can join Spells8 here :sparkles:

Upcoming Events :spiral_calendar:

Mark your calendars so you don’t miss out on these one-day-only events!

[ [ Group Ritual : Together with Your Coven :infinite_roots: ] ]

Spells8 Group Tea Ritual Mabon Version

Thursday, September 15

Join in for a shared group ritual meditation and coven chat- this activity is open to all active coven members :tea: The ritual has step-by-step instructions that you can join in on your own schedule at any time during the day.

Group rituals are held every Thursday in A Sacred Space and remain open over the weekend. Feel free to check out last week’s group ritual to get an idea about what to expect.

[ [ Freebie Friday - Free Readings :flower_playing_cards: ] ]

Picture from Pexels

Friday, September 16

Have a burning question on your mind? Seeking some guidance for how to best approach a problem? :thinking: This is your chance to find some answers, as the talented @MeganB is kindly offering free readings via tarot and oracle cards! :crystal_ball:

For more information and to get an idea about what to expect, check out last week’s Freebie Friday :tada:

[ [ Group Healing Session :handshake: ] ]

EEC Group Healing Session

Friday, September 16 at 1:00PM EST

Join a group healing circle to support those who are passing through hard times this month. Microphones and cameras will be turned off during this one hour open space, and coven members are welcome to come and go as they please. This is the first of two live healing sessions this month.

For more information about the Energy Exchange Circle, please see the section below in Ongoing Activities or visit the current EEC discussion: Energy Exchange Circle :hugs: September 2022

[ [ Moon Phase: Last Quarter Moon :last_quarter_moon: ] ]

Last-Quarter-Moon-Phase-Spells

Saturday, September 17

Look to the skies! This week we will be blessed by the light of the Last Quarter Moon. The exact time you will see this moon phase depends on your location :telescope:

The Spells8 Moon Magick Guide to Last Quarter Moon Magick lists this moon phase as the ideal time to remove negativity and banish things that are holding you back. It is a good time for spellwork that deals with laying things to rest and banishment.

Waning-Moon-Magick-Ritual-Ideas

This moon phase is part of the Waning Cycle :arrow_double_down: , so check out the Waning Moon Spell Page for more information including history, meanings, and a collection of spells and rituals that work in harmony with this moon phase :last_quarter_moon:

Ready for More Moon Magick? You can find current moon information for your location as well as complementary spells and rituals to draw on its energy on the Spells8 Lunar Spell Page :sparkles:

[ [ Witchy Holiday Heads Up! :eyes:] ]

Not this week but next, get ready for a Sabbat and Equinox on Thursday/Friday, September 22/23 (the exact time of the equinox depends on your location).

Those in the Northern Hemisphere will experience the pagan holiday Mabon :apple: and the Autumn Equinox :sun:

Mabon-Celebration-Ritual-Solitary-360x240

Friends in the Southern Hemisphere will enjoy the celebration of Ostara :blossom: and the Spring Equinox :sun:

How-to-Celebrate-Ostara-Alone-360x240

Keep an eye out for celebration suggestions and more holiday info in next week’s Merry Meet Monday!

To learn more about the main pagan holidays and 8 Sabbats of the year, visit the Spells8 Wheel of the Year Page :wheel_of_dharma:

[ [ Other Events of Interest :mag: ] ]

A collection of curious (and perhaps conversation-starting!) events coming up this week that may or may not be witchy-related:

For more upcoming witchy and pagan holidays, check out the 2022 Pagan Holiday Calendar and the free Spells8 Newsletter :spiral_calendar:

Ongoing Activities :raised_hands:

These activities are open to enjoy whenever you’d like- feel free to partcipate anytime before their deadlines!

[ [ Weekly Witchy Challenge :trophy: ] ]

Every week, the forum hosts a challenge exploring one specific area of magick. Challenges are open to everyone and all are encouraged to participate in a way that reflects their unique magickal practice.

The current theme is: Catch-Up! :clock5:

Spells8 Weekly Witchy Challenge Catch-Up

This challenge will close on Tuesday, September 13th at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time). After the challenge closes, a “Props and Presents” post will appear to give recognition and prizes to all participants :gift:

Are you ready? Join the current challenge here:

(A brand new challenge will launch on Wednesday!)

[ [ Spells8 Book Club :books: ] ]

The Twentieth Session of Blook Club has come to an end- thank you to everyone who participated! :blush:

Spells8 Book Club

If you haven’t done so already, please feel free to share and swap your book reviews in the new discussion thread:

The next reading session of Book Club will begin this Friday, September 16 - so pick out a fun witchy book to read and let your coven know what you’ll be reading at that time!

More information about the book club and how to join can be found in Book Club F.A.Q and Introduction .

Happy Reading! :open_book:

[ [ Energy Exchange Circle :hugs: ] ]

Do you have a little extra love to share and are looking for ways to help out a fellow coven member? Or perhaps you’ve fallen on hard times and could use some positive vibes your way?

Spells8 Energy Exchange Circle

The Energy Exchange Circle (hosted in Energy Exchange) is a great way to support and show love to coven members going through hard times. To do a good deed and show you care, consider leaving a note of support in the current thread:

More information about the coven’s wholesome energy exchange can be found in the Energy Exchange Wiki .

This month’s Energy Exchange Circle will end on Friday, September 30th .

Thanks for spreading the love! :heart:

[ [ Your Daily Draw :tarot_card: ] ]

Are you looking for a bit of higher guidance to help you out today? This collection of daily oracle card (as well as tarot and rune) readings is available for you to access and read thanks to the generosity of the coven :pray:

Spells8 Forum Daily Oracle Card Draws

To enjoy a daily message or share your own, visit:

Please note that this oracle discussion will close on Friday, September 30th .

[ [ Coven Member Birthdays :birthday: ] ]

Share the love by wishing your fellow coven members well on their special days!

Spells8 Coven Members Birthdays

You can congratulate those with a birthday this month in the discussion:

If you wish to appear in this list, please set your birthday on your profile. Additionally, please note that the birthday list is housed in the more private A Sacred Space that is exclusive to coven members.

Please keep in mind that this month’s birthday discussion will close on Friday, September 30th.

[ [ Tending the Flame :fire: ] ]

Stop by the fire and tend the flame with your coven- this ongoing discussion invites all to come in, relax, and pick up a bit of motivation and support for the day.

Share a picture of your own flames or simply enjoy the lights of the coven! :candle:

Tending Brigid Brighid's Flame Spells8

Help tend the flame and visit the discussion in:

The Brigid Flametender discussion (hosted in A Sacred Space) remains open throughout the year- please feel free to enjoy this activity as often as you’d like!

New Members :wave:

Merry meet to all of the new members who joined the forum over the past week!

:infinite_roots: Welcome to the Forum and the Infinite Roots Coven! :infinite_roots:

@alexis11 - @anthony5 - @sabrina14 - @chelsey6 - @devin3 - @Steph89 - @katharyn - @penny5 - @eleonore - @kirsty5 - @that.witch.court - @katrina7 - @chantell - @leanne4 - @gina9 - @Hekatedaughter - @elizabeth40 - @angelina4 - @lauren24 - @aulesha - @sheryl3 - @ashley71 - @jen8 - @jorn - @debbie1 - @elsa2 - @shannon29 - @michelle67 - @mandy12 - @kathleen11 - @crystal51 - @christy2 - @marybelle - @kristyn1 - @mel4 - @flor - @jakeshia - @stephanie57 - @mary44 - @rachel42 - @emilia - @charity9 - @julie27 - @vivan - @ashley72 - @michelle68 - @talia1 - @tonya10 - @blanca1 - @katy6 - @sophia6 - @kristina16 - @amber61 - @chantel1 - @The-Irish-Elm-Medium - @angie5 - @dawn20 - @kristal - @angela44 - @katrina8 - @deanna14 - @melissa53 - @diana13 - @amber62 - @jenna11 - @kelle - @soari - @dianne - @DivineAscendingOne - @emily46 - @emily47 - @montana - @amanda81 - @carolyn9 - @jenna12 - @gypsy2 - @carrie8 - @naomi6 - @melisa2 - @michelle69 - @britani - @nadia11 - @dorothy7 - @allison11 - @courtney23 - @katarina - @haley7 - @corrina - @savannah9 - @kathleen12 - @AmberLee - @brittany45 - @cathy5 - @michael13 - @SelkieAndSquid - @sandra16 - @reverend - @samantha13 - @wanda2

If you haven’t done so already, please feel free to say hello to your new coven by creating a new topic in the Introductions Category . Consider sharing a bit about who you are and your journey into practicing magick :sparkles:

We would all love to give you a warm welcome to the forum family! :hugs:

Special Shout-Outs :loudspeaker:

:raised_hands: FORUM ACTIVITY

Those who share the most posts and give the most hearts receive an Activity Shout-Out. The top posters and sharers from last week are:

• @Medea - for sharing the most posts in the forum this week :writing_hand:

• @john.knox - for giving out the most hearts, on a two-week shout-out streak! :heart:

Note : Those who receive Activity shout-outs for three weeks in a row are awarded the MMM Activity Badge and will not be counted in Activity shout-outs again for a two-month rest period.

Thank you so much for sharing your wisdom and inspiration through posts and your love and support through hearts- your time here helping the coven is greatly appreciated! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Also: a very big thank you to all members of Spells8 ! :infinite_roots:

Your contributions and love help to make this a welcoming and supportive place for solitary witches all around the world. Thanks for being here- Spells8 can’t exist without you! :sparkles:

Are you ready for the Sabbat and Equinox next week? :sun_with_face: What magickal workings are you planning for the coming days? :magic_wand:

Whether it’s magickal or mundane, feel free to share your current happenings, welcome new coven members, and/or give a shout-out to your forum family in the comments below.

Blessed be! :last_quarter_moon: :sparkles:

11 Likes

Congrats on the shout out @john.knox and @Medea!

This week for me is busy at work, trying to get caught up and get ahead. Organization has always been a struggle for me as well as not worrying about pleasing everyone. I am always amazed at how some people can get away with not following what the bosses want and don’t seem to care and that the bosses are ok with it. Makes me wonder what the point of rules are lol.
I also have a ball tournament this weekend. I hope I can make it. My son has a cough this morning. It sounds croupy- he has gotten this cough every year for about the past 11 years. But we can’t be too careful. Stupid Covid.

I hope everyone has a great week!!!

10 Likes

Blessed Be to you Maudoy7,

I’m grinning from ear to ear! I just read that shout out to me that I had some great activity and wow my day starts off every morning with Spells 8 and when I read this I had to read it again and re read it again. I love this new family here and everybody has been so awesome and helpful. I was very confused and still am a little bit to be honest but there’s so much help and feedback it makes things a lot easier. Thank you for your kind words have a great week and good luck on your game.

Mote It Be
Medea

10 Likes

I cannot thank you and everybody involved with Spells 8!! This has been the most exciting and most awesome decision to commit myself be a part of this coven.

I can’t believe I was one of the participants in the shout out group! I’m so excited! My morning has started off better than I could. Thank you all so very very much. I wish the best health and safety and to enjoy your week for all.

Thank you so much​:hugs::sparkling_heart::innocent::smiley_cat::mage:
Medea

11 Likes

Oh gosh I’m in trouble lol :laughing:

8 Likes

Congratulations you two! :clap: :partying_face: :tada:

@Phoenix_Rose – I’m sorry this week is going to be busy for you :heart: Working for myself can be busy, for sure, but I’m so glad I don’t work in he corporate world anymore. :people_hugging: My daughter’s allergies have been pretty bad the last few days so I understand the cough thing. I hope he isn’t getting sick! :pray:

@Medea – You deserve the shoutout, for sure!

8 Likes

Oh, these days are perfect this week! I can always use an excuse to collect more rocks. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rock: :rock: :gem: :gem:

10 Likes

Congratulations, to both of you! Thank you for supporting the community so well!

I hope you make your tournament and your son is okay, @Phoenix_Rose! Good luck!

You deserve it, @Medea! Congratulations!

As for my Monday, I went to my regular wound doctor this morning and despite my trip to the hospital, I didn’t cause any damage to my leg! If anything she said it looked better! So the medicine did me good, I’m glad. Now I’ve just got to see my head shrinker doc on Wednesday and it’ll all be good for the week.

My main challenge is not getting the flu, the lady who drives me has influenza type B and I don’t want it, but we didn’t know when we set off to the doctor this morning. Ooops. Better than Covid I guess if I’m going to get anything. I guess I’ll know in two days, that’s the typical incubation period.

I’ve got oranges to eat and some good tea to drink in the morning, hopefully with that my immune system can fight it off.

Other than that, nothing much going on with me this week. I’m just happy to be at home!

Hope you all have a good week!

8 Likes

Congrats @Medea. and @john.knox!

8 Likes

Thank you @Medea. This is a great place. I am glad you found it. I find myself coming in here multiple times a day to see what is going on. I hope the rest of your day was amazing.

6 Likes

Thanks @MeganB. With Covid work really slowed down for a couple of years and now it is starting to pick up again to pre Covid levels. I am just not used to it anymore. For the other stuff, I have to learn to do what I think is right and bef for forgiveness after. Lol
Working for yourself can get super busy and time consuming.
My other son’s allergies are bad now too. Kleenex is his friend. I try to tell my son is you do the nasal lavage it helps reduce your allergy symptoms, even just the spray. He would rather sneeze a bazillion times. Lol. I hope your daughter’s allergies clear soon.

7 Likes

Thank you @Amethyst! My son seems a bit better, we will see how tonight goes.

That is great news that you not only did you not do any damage to your leg, it actually looks better!!

I hope you don’t get the flu. May you be filled with health and wellness!!

5 Likes

@Phoenix_Rose Sending positive energy your way- I hope any hecticness at work quiets down soon and that your son feels better soon! :pray: Also wishing you all the best at your ball tournament- you got this! :partying_face:

@Medea Congrats again to you, Medea- you earned the shout-out! :heart:

@Melora_Fae Hahaha when I saw it listed as a holiday I couldn’t help but think of everyone here- it’s just a perfect occasion for a crystal-lover :gem::laughing: :+1:

@Amaris_Bane It’s the perfect excuse- go treat yourself to some more pretty shinies! :gem::sparkles::joy:

@Amethyst I am so happy to hear that your leg is looking better- that is awesome, Amethyst! :heart: Oh dear about your driver having the flu- eat those oranges, drink your tea, get lots of rest and stay healthy my friend!!! :pray: Hope you have a good week too! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

Updated to MMM:

This week’s group ritual post is now live in the forum! For more details, please visit the full ritual page by clicking the link or picture below:

9-15 Blessing of the Animals Spells8

(Group Ritual - Sep 15) :black_cat: Pet & Animal Blessing!

This group ritual is inspired by the pagan Feast of Saint Comely- an occasion dedicated to the patron of horned animals. Join the coven as we bless a favorite animal, be it a furry companion, a familiar, or a spirit guide! :eagle:

See you Thursday- Blessed be! :sparkles:

5 Likes

@Amethyst – That’s so great to hear! :partying_face: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I’m glad the doctor said it looked better, too. I know this has been quite the struggle for you over the last year or so – I don’t remember how long, honestly. :heart: Hopefully you don’t get the flu! I’ll send you all the good vibes!

@Phoenix_Rose – I can imagine it slowed down. I’m glad I was out of the corporate world before covid hit. I would have had to quit or work remote anyway because they shut down the schools :sweat_smile: I’m sure you’ll get used to it again if that’s the way it was before. It’ll just take time :blush: Hopefully the kiddos (all of them!) stay happy and healthy :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

I’m glad my leg is better, I was really worried there for a bit.

Thanks, love! I haven’t got it yet. We’ll see tomorrow, Flu B has a two-day incubation period. I’m prepared! LOL!

Thank you, dear heart! If I can keep away from the flu, this week should be great! LOL!

4 Likes

Yeah. I think I’ve had this one ulcer since before I signed up here. I joke that I can claim it as a dependent now, which isn’t far off from the truth. So it’s really nice that the doctor is hopeful!

Thanks for your good vibes!

5 Likes

I do these everyday :laughing:

7 Likes

You got this, Amethyst- be gone, flu! No germs allowed! :raised_hands: :grinning:

Hahaha it sounds like the holidays this week really reflect you, Christina! :laughing: :+1: :heart:

5 Likes