Merry Meet Monday - Witchy News of the Week! (Jan 8 - 14) šŸŒ‘

@Nixi I just fell again! Hit my head! Ugh so frustrating. Itā€™s gonna take some time before I walk much again! I feel so helpless when I fall because I cannot get up. I canā€™t even use my legs to help when someone lifts me. Anywayā€¦enough about my troubles!

10 Likes

Iā€™m sorry your body doesnā€™t like you right now, @Sivonnah. Hope youā€™re okay!

10 Likes

Oh no, I hope youā€™re okay! :heart: :heart:

10 Likes

Iā€™m so sorry this happened. I hope you can feel a bit better and have enough acccessible tools in your tool belt (wheelchair/rollator), etc. to help make you as independent as you can be and know that you also are depending on others (not a bad thing). I hope you can have your home and all environments as accessible as possible and as safe as possible for you. Thinking of you. Take time for rest too.

10 Likes

Oh Iā€™m so sorry I hope you are okay honey :honey_pot: :pray:

11 Likes

Thank you all for the concern! I am ok!

I have wheelchairs, rollators, hand rails, etcā€¦the only problem is getting my wheelchair through doorways! Damn house is not very accessible, but weā€™re working on it! I run into everything and tore the weather stripping off the door lol :laughing: :rofl::crazy_face:

11 Likes

Oh honey Iā€™m so sorry. How do you feel? I describe mild - moderate concussion as feeling like youā€™ve had a bit too much what I call Magic Medicine but without the fun part :laughing: My husband keeps threatening to wrap me in bubble wrap, looks like he should send you some too :woman_facepalming:t2: and when I said walk, I didnā€™t mean run :laughing:

10 Likes

@Sivonnah So sorry lovely. Are you feeling alright now? :sparkling_heart:

10 Likes

Congratulations @tracyS & @john1 :tada: Wonderful to have you both in the forum!

Iā€™m sorry you are going through all of this @Sivonnah & hope you are okay after hitting your head! I do have a roll of bubble wrap if you should need it. Congratulations :confetti_ball: on your son receiving an acceptance letter too!

Happy 1 year anniversary @starborn, sorry itā€™s belated, but wonderful that you have been with us for a while now! :revolving_hearts:

@CelestiaMoon Iā€™m so happy for you & your girlfriend. Itā€™s always nice to have some balance & be able to work with each other in a beneficial way.

We had a weird version of the winter storm, it was more rain & wind than snow, so it was actually like slushy heavy snow that was melting, then froze, then it rained againā€¦ now thereā€™s no snow & it was 47 here today. We did have some coastal flooding where the roads were closed for a week on the coast & are still being worked on in certain areas. We also have another high wind & heavy rain storm coming this week too.

Iā€™ve had a week full of surprises. Really since last Friday morningā€¦ itā€™s just been multiple surprises each day. Some needed immediate attention & others just interrupted every day this week. :face_exhaling: Family urgent & emergency medical visits among others.

I hope that everyone has been able to have a good week so far! Iā€™m working on re-organizing my thingsā€¦ but these daily emergent visits & multiple necessary follow ups & items that have been needed have taken a toll thatā€™s for sure!

@john1 good idea with the snow water. I had some the last time it snowed here. I do have ocean water, moon water, & storm water. Itā€™s been a while since Iā€™ve had some good snow water though :thinking:

@Devenne these may help you with how to work with Snow Water :snowflake:

ā†’ Snow Magick - Connecting with Water
ā†’ How to use Snow Water for Rituals :snowflake: -External Site

11 Likes

Iā€™m ok. Just had a little headache. My friend has been telling me i need bubble wrap since 2022 when I first started falling (1st sign of ALS) I fell 4 times in 5 months. Messed up both knees! :sleepy: Iā€™m a mess! :crazy_face::rofl:

I could probably use some bubble wrap and thank you! :blush:

I hope everyone is doing better! :heart::people_hugging::pray::blush:

9 Likes

Iā€™m glad itā€™s nothing too serious. :people_hugging: :black_heart:

I will contribute some pillows that you can tape to yourself. Theyā€™re great for falling on. :smile: Might even encourage you to ā€œaccidentallyā€ fall some more for fun. :crazy_face:

I hope youā€™re having a great week. Sending love! :black_heart:

9 Likes

Oohā€¦ @Sivonnah & @starbornā€¦ a foam pit or a couple of layers of foam blocks around the house & yardā€¦ now those could be fun and way more comfortable landing too. :rofl: I remember watching my daughter in gymnastics & always jealous that I didnā€™t have the built-in floor trampoline or built-in foam pit to jump or land inā€¦ even though they were learning gymnastics in general or were preparing for competitions. It still looked way more fun than watching in the waiting room or parentā€™s room through the glass :rofl:

10 Likes

Oh gosh, I remember those! :smile: They were so deep. We had a couple of terms of gymnastics through primary school, I think.

One time, I couldā€™ve sworn something grabbed my ankle when I dived in. But because we were going in one-by-one, there wasnā€™t anyone already in there. That we knew of, I guess. :thinking:

It totally creeped me out, and I wasnā€™t very comfortable diving back in for a while. :grimacing:

Okay, so, new plan: we all turn our homes into what would look like a super-safe fun land for kids, but itā€™s actually for witches who literally want to bounce off the walls. :laughing:

8 Likes

Iā€™m late to the party, but congratulations to @tracyS and @john!

Texas is preparing for the artic blast (we donā€™t do cold). Hubby put the insulation for the pipes by our water well, then he called me to see if they were still there. He didnā€™t count on the 25 mph wind we are having, so 3 of them flew away. Lol! Maybe the universe thought someone needed them more then we did!

10 Likes

@Susurrus @starborn Foam pits would be fun! :blush::rofl::crazy_face:

9 Likes

Great post, as always! I am resting for the New Moon and it feels so good. SO and I spent time just reading at the bookstore today. Spent time walking in nature. Tomorrow Iā€™m going on a hike with new friends, too. And ritual bath tonight. Feeling peaceful getting this time to reset.

11 Likes

That sounds wonderful! :blush:

10 Likes

What about a foam pit with a layer of the balls from the ball pits & the base layer is a trampoline? :rofl: Apparently I need some fun in my life :laughing:

Iā€™ve had an insane week that has kept me more than busy, Iā€™m dozing off before dinner & at least 3 nights have been asleep around 8 PM :face_exhaling: So I havenā€™t been able to be in & around the main forum as much as I would like to beā€¦ AT ALL :sob:

I hope everyone has had a good week! :blush:

8 Likes

Nothing but old news here! To find out whatā€™s happening this week, visit Activities to find the current Merry Meet Monday news post :newspaper: (If youā€™d like to respond to any posts shared here, please feel free to do so in a new discussion or via Private Message :incoming_envelope: Thank you!)