Merry Meet Monday - Witchy News of the Week! (Jan 8 - 14) 🌑

Welcome to your weekly update about what’s happening in both the forum and the witchy world at large :newspaper_roll:

Scroll down to read the news for this week :eyes:

Please remember that you must be logged into your active Spells8 account in order to view content located in A Sacred Space and the Energy Exchange.

Don’t have an account yet? No worries! You can join Spells8 here :sparkles:

Upcoming Events :spiral_calendar:

Mark your calendars so you don’t miss out on these upcoming events and occasions!

[ [ Group Healing Session :handshake: ] ]

Energy Exchange Circle Jan 2024

→ Tuesday, January 9 at 8:00 PM ET

Join a group healing circle to support those who are going through hard times this month. Microphones and cameras will be turned off during this one-hour open space, and coven members are welcome to come and go as they please. This is the second of four healing sessions this month.

For more information about the Energy Exchange Circle, please see the section below in Ongoing Activities or visit the Energy Exchange.

[ [ Moon Phase: New Moon :new_moon: ] ]

New-Moon-Spells

→ Thursday, January 11

This week we will be blessed by the presence of a New Moon. The exact time of the peak of this moon phase will depend on your location :telescope:

While many witches see the New Moon as a time of rest and reflection, others choose to cast magick spells specific to this phase of the moon cycle.

New-Moon-Manifestations

You can learn more about the symbolism, traditions, and best-suited spellwork for this moon phase in the New Moon Rituals Guide :new_moon:

Ready for More Moon Magick? You can find complementary spells and rituals for tonight’s moon on the Spells8 Lunar Spell Page :astrology_moon:

[ [ Group Ritual :infinite_roots: ] ]

S1 Group Tea Ritual

→ Thursday, January 11

You’re invited to a group ritual meditation- this activity and discussion is open to all active Coven members :tea: The ritual has step-by-step instructions that you can join in on your own schedule at any time during the day.

Group rituals are held on Thursday in A Sacred Space and remain open over the weekend. Feel free to check out last week’s group ritual to get an idea about what to expect.

UPDATE: This week’s group ritual post has arrived! Feel free to view the ritual here:

(Group Ritual - Jan 11) :stars: 1/11 Manifestation Ritual

[ [ Additional Events of Interest :mag: ] ]

Other Events - MMM

A collection of interesting (and perhaps conversation-starting!) events coming up this week:

Stay on top of witchy news by printing or downloading the NEW 2024 Pagan Holiday Calendar and the Spells8 Forum Events Calendar to add to your digital calendar :spiral_calendar:

You can also get the free Spells8 Email Newsletter for even more witchy updates (plus magickal freebies!) delivered right to your email inbox :envelope_with_arrow:

Ongoing Activities :raised_hands:

These activities are open to enjoy whenever you’d like- feel free to participate anytime before their deadlines!

[ [ Weekly Witchy Challenge :trophy: ] ]

The current challenge theme is: Manifestation :genie_lamp:

Manifest Witch Challenge

Every week, the forum hosts a challenge exploring a specific area of magick. Challenges are open to everyone and all are warmly encouraged to participate in a way that reflects their unique magickal practice.

This challenge will remain open until Tuesday, January 9 at 7:00 AM EDT (Eastern US Time). After the challenge closes, a “Props and Presents” post will appear to give recognition and prizes to all participants :gift:

Are you ready? Join the current challenge here:

(A brand new challenge will launch on Wednesday in the public Activities category )

[ [ Spells8 Book Club :books: ] ]

Calling all book lovers! The Spells8 book club is now in session !

spells8 book club

For more information about this session of Book Club and to submit your book, please head over to the current thread in Activities :

Please note that this reading period will end on Friday, January 12 .

And if you haven’t done so already, please feel free to share and swap your book reviews from last session in the current Reader’s Reviews thread: :memo: Spells8 Book Club XXXIII - Readers’ Reviews.

Happy Reading! :books:

[ [ Energy Exchange Circle :hugs: ] ]

Spells8 Energy Exchange Circle

Do you have a little extra love and light to share with fellow Coven members? Or perhaps you’ve fallen on hard times and could use a boost of positive energy yourself?

The Energy Exchange Circle is hosted in the Energy Exchange is the place to connect and share love with fellow Coven members going through hard times. To do a good deed and show that you care, consider leaving a note of support in the current thread:

More information about the Coven’s wholesome energy exchange can be found in the Energy Exchange Wiki .

This month’s Energy Exchange Circle will end on Wednesday, January 31 .

Thanks for spreading the love! :heart:

[ [ Energy Reports :dizzy: ] ]

Mystic Magick January

Are you sensitive to energy? Interested in how energy studies and magick benefit one another? Come explore the magick of energy with the talented @Marsha in these insightful daily energy reports!

The Mystic Magick discussion is open for all to see and enjoy in the public Activities category. It will be available throughout the month- please be aware that this month’s reports will close on Wednesday, January 31.

[ [ Coven Member Birthdays :birthday: ] ]

coven birthdays

Come wish your fellow Coven members well on their special days! You can congratulate those with a birthday this month in the discussion:

If you wish to appear in this list, please set your birthday on your profile. Additionally, please note that the birthday list is housed in the private, Coven members-only A Sacred Space.

This month’s birthday discussion will remain open through Wednesday, January 31.

[ [ Your Daily Draw :tarot_card: ] ]

Daily Single Draws Tarot Oracle Rune

Looking for a bit of higher guidance to help you out today? This collection of daily oracle card (as well as tarot and rune) readings is available for you to access and read thanks to the generosity of the Coven :pray:

To enjoy a daily message or to share your own, visit:

Please note that this divination discussion is housed in A Sacred Space and will remain open until Sunday, March 31.

[ [ Tending the Flame :fire: ] ]

Tending Brigid Brighid's Flame Spells8

Stop by the fire and tend the flame with your Coven- this ongoing discussion invites all to come in, relax, and pick up a bit of motivation and support for the day.

Share a picture of your own flames or simply enjoy the lights of the coven! :candle: Help tend the flame and visit the discussion in:

The Brigid Flametender discussion is hosted in A Sacred Space and will remain open throughout the year- please feel free to enjoy this activity as often as you’d like.

New Members :wave:

Merry meet to the new members who have joined the Spells8 Forum over the past week!

:infinite_roots: Welcome to the Forum and the Infinite Roots Coven! :infinite_roots:

@aerros - @The-Lunar-Dove - @elizabeth23 - @boof1369woof - @keagan1 - @alfred - @katie4 - @savannah2 - @elizabeth57 - @amilliyon - @lacea - @beatrice - @des - @clare3 - @anta - @cilla - @carolyn - @carina1 - @amanda35 - @moth1 - @lacie1 - @amanda36 - @elizabeth58 - @kelly17 - @jasmine - @Bob53 - @amanda37 - @paula2 - @daniel7 - @denise1 - @kimberly23 - @jessica4 - @tracie - @wiktoria - @heather25 - @morgan7 - @abigail1 - @edward5 - @aryn - @samantha19 - @kim8 - @amy15 - @angie1 - @patti - @amy16 - @haley14 - @kaneisha - @Jojomay - @dara - @maria2 - @peter4 - @Pagan-Dragonfly81 - @sandra2 - @AliP3 - @kaylee - @sarah25 - @Kyley - @viki - @latasha - @aaron1 - @nicole11 - @esperanza - @tanya3 - @colicia - @amy17 - @thawana - @leigh - @audra - @monika1 - @jennifer44 - @tracy10 - @lexi - @tosha2 - @william - @latanya2 - @shantele - @itziar - @helena2 - @jonathan1 - @jason - @rose - @MagnoliaMoon - @mabelisse - @jessica19 - @CARISSA_FLORES - @krista1 - @shannon44 - @Buidseach-Liusaidh

If you haven’t done so already, please get started by creating a new topic in Introductions. Feel free to share a bit about who you are and your journey into practicing magick, or simply say a quick hello- we’d love to meet you! :wave: :heart:

Wishing you a very warm welcome to the forum! :hugs:

Special Shout-Outs :loudspeaker:

Forum Activity

Each week, those who share the most posts and give the most hearts receive a shout-out and thank you for their contributions.

Shout-outs from this past week go to:

• @tracyS - for sharing the most posts :writing_hand: (on a two-week streak!)

• @john1 - for giving out the most hearts :heart:

Thank you so much for sharing your wisdom and inspiration through posts and your love and support through hearts- your time here helping the coven is greatly appreciated! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Click here to learn more about Activity Shout-Out Rewards

Anyone who earns a shout-out for three weeks in a row is awarded the special MMM badge (and will not be counted in Activity shout-outs again for a two-month rest period- this is so that others will have a chance to earn the badge too!) .

The legends who have won the MMM badge 5 times will no longer be counted- they have earned their place in the Forum Hall of Fame ! :trophy:

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

And Thank YOU! :index_pointing_at_the_viewer:

We’d also like to say a very big thank you to all members of Spells8 :infinite_roots:

Your contributions and presence here help to make this a welcoming and supportive place for solitary witches all around the world. Thanks for being a part- Spells8 can’t exist without you! :hugs::sparkling_heart:

How has 2024 been treating you so far? Will you be working any moon magick or resting for the New Moon this week?

Whether it’s magickal or mundane, feel free to share your plans for the week, chat about upcoming spellwork, or give a shout-out to your fellow coven members in the comments below.

Blessed be! :new_moon: :sparkles:

22 Likes

Congratulations to @tracyS and @john1 for their work this past week! You’re doing an awesome job!

All last week I was hearing about the terrible snowstorm and people were swamping the stores Friday. Didn’t snow an inch, or at least if it snowed it didn’t stick. Oh well, I’m not going to look a gift horse in the mouth.

Nothing big going on for me this week. I’ve spent the morning adulting so I can play now. LOL! So I hope to catch up on the forum and my emails today. Maybe write some this week.

Hope everyone is having a great Monday!

19 Likes

Always happy to put in work hehehe

Chicago had some snow and we’re supposed to get another one storm

14 Likes

Congrats to @tracyS and @john1 !

I’m glad to be at home this week and back to work (funny right!) and back to my routine, after a long and difficult vacation with family. Back with my furry companion, Luna. I just reset my altar, after putting it mostly away while my dogsitter was staying at my house. Looking for some ideas for a altar refresh, as we move into Imbolc. It’s still the dead of winter here in Illinois in a freeze / thaw cycle. Some snow, then melt, then mud. Then freezing cold wind, not overly pleasant. :snowflake:

Did the Spell-a-day (Rosemary Bath and Spell for Success in your Career) for Jan 7th which locked me in for seven nights of repeating the spell (I’ve never done a repeating spell like this before). Well I’m anticipating that career luck will be great! :crossed_fingers:t3:

Looking forward to the new moon on Thursday. Have a great week everyone! :slightly_smiling_face:

18 Likes

Collect the snow for winter water just an idea.

18 Likes

Thankyou :heartpulse: Love you lovelies :sparkling_heart:

14 Likes

What do you do with winter water?
Also congrats @john1 for giving lots of love

Congratulations to @tracyS 2 week streak of most posts shared! Woo hoo :raised_hands::raised_hands::raised_hands::raised_hands::tada::tada:

13 Likes

Congratulations :confetti_ball: :tada::hugs: @tracyS and @john1 Great job :clap: :blush::heart:

We got at least 8 inches of snow Saturday-Sunday. Fortunately we have nice neighbors that helped shovel. My boys were kinda useless :confounded::crazy_face: well, one was working, the other kinda shoveled a path for me to get to the car. Fortunately it melted some today and I won’t have a problem getting out tomorrow.

Tomorrow will be the first time leaving the house in 3 weeks! Idk if it’s depression or fear of walking. I fell a few weeks ago. I have balance issues and can barely stand or walk due to the ALS. When I fell, my legs just gave out. No warning. I became a rag doll. I hit my head hard. Had a lump for a few weeks. So that’s why I’m afraid to walk. I started using my wheelchair in the house but I can’t get out of the house in the wheelchair. We don’t have a ramp so I have to walk to the car.

Anyway…my post wasn’t supposed to be this long! :crazy_face::laughing::rofl:

17 Likes

May your first trip out clear the cobwebs and bring you a fresh outlook on your world :pray::pray:

16 Likes

Welp, I got enough for you - we got six inches here at my house. Now this new storm is coming and we’re looking at getting up to 12 inches! :astonished: We’ve got the stuff we need, and we have propane heaters in case we lose power :joy:

It sucks, but I’m glad to know that I’m not alone in being under a bunch of snow :joy: we’re supposed to get some more tonight… fingers crossed :crossed_fingers: that you don’t get too much with this storm!

Happy Tuesday, everyone! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Congratulations, you two! :clap:

I don’t have a busy week this week, but I’m very ready for the New Moon!

12 Likes

Collect the winter waters for spells that requires seasonal work

13 Likes

I don’t get it

11 Likes

It’s more like when you want to do a winter spells in the off season it’s just like little collections of the snow from this winter I seen somebody do that before

11 Likes

Okay now I get it

11 Likes

Congratulations @tracyS and @john1

Both. I can’t say I understand but I get it. I’ve been falling with increased frequency for about 4 years. March of last year, I fell and hit my head on a desk. I’ve had more than a few concussions so it doesn’t take much and this one messed me up bad. Memory, sensory overload, weaknesses. Rollator, shower chair, the works.

It was made very clear to me that each one is probably going to be worse and “It is very important that you not hit your head again” I stared at that sentence thinking how ridiculous that statement is. Oh, I didn’t think of that. Okay. I won’t hit my head again like really. Then it occurred to me - if just lightly hitting my head did this, what will the next one do?

I spent 2 months sitting in the middle of bed because I can’t fall from the middle of the bed. Then I did. I reached forward across the bed to get something for my 4 year old and tipped over like I had been pushed. My son was standing there looking at me and it hit me. Maybe I will smack my head again and this time I’m unable to do anything. I’m not doing anything sitting in the middle of the bed.

So I walk to the living room and participate. I wobble and it hurts but I’m off the bed.

The longer we sit on the bed the weaker we get. I realize that while I might regain strength, you won’t and it’s not fair. ALS is taking your muscle strength and you can’t stop it but don’t help it. That’s how it wins.

I believe you said you have a Rollator as well, put the brake on and use it like a regular walker if it’s going too fast. Take what passes as a step, sit, repeat. Have your Rollator put 5 feet from the bathroom, use your wheelchair to get to the Rollator and use it to go the rest of the way. Something, anything.

Sure, sounds easy to you No, it sounds hard as hell. And terrifying. I’m not suggesting that you try to sprint to the car, but something anything.

It’s not just being afraid of the fall, I don’t want my family see me fall You know what - they don’t see the fall, they see the fight.

I’ll stop now. I’m sorry for being blunt but having done home care and having 1% of almost similar concerns, I know we need to be yelled at. I’m guessing that your husband probably doesn’t do it, probably because he wants to be your calm. My husband won’t for exactly that reason. No matter how many times I tell him that somebody has to and he’s all I’ve got so it’s on him, he just can’t bring himself to do it.

I’m sorry for overstepping, you’re such a wonderful person and it hurts to think of what you’re going through but it hurts more to think of you giving in even if you don’t realize it. I’ll shut up now. Love you. :heart: :people_hugging:

My theme for the week is organizing and not getting mad at myself for not doing it all. Haven’t done a thing so far but I did make dinner last night.

Have a great rest of your week y’all.

13 Likes

Today’s my one-year anniversary of having an account here. :partying_face:

Although I was lurking until late September or so. :innocent: I don’t remember exactly when, but it took me some time to pick up the courage and desire to interact with others online. I’d never been part of an online community before, and I’d had bad experiences with online “friendships,” so it was quite daunting.

But I’m glad I did say hi in the end. :smile:

My partner is the exact opposite. They have a reputation for being loud, blunt, and, if you ask certain people, just plain ol’ rude or mean. :laughing: But if you ask their closest friend, they’re misunderstood. People might think they’re projecting themselves on others when they’re very critical, but it’s really just that they have very high moral hygiene. We sometimes joke that they’re a Paladin (think Dungeons & Dragons, not history) and should’ve been born in a better world.

Between us, it caused us some friction over the years, and it almost ended us a few times. But I learned to appreciate it, keeping me on the right path and not falling into vices, and also not to take words so personally, realising that criticisms aren’t a permanent black mark on my person as I used to feel they were, but pointed at my actions or beliefs, which aren’t personally tied to me and I can change them anytime. They’ve also since learned to be less harsh, more empathetic, and respectful of feelings. It took us a decade, but we’re in a good place now. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

12 Likes

Congrats lovely! :partying_face: :black_heart: :cake:

So am I, and I’m glad to call you my friend :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I think we have a nice balance going on with my girlfriend, though she sometimes says afterwards that she couldn’t point out something in the heat of the moment, worrying about my emotional reaction… I’m glad she can point it out after, and I point out things to her too and we can talk about it :pink_heart: I’m afraid I couldn’t take pointed criticism well at all, I’m so glad she’s not the type :sweat_smile:

14 Likes

@starborn Congratulations :tada:

13 Likes

And extra warm hugs to @Sivonnah and @Nixi… I love you, and I see your pain :heart: Respectfully asking the Goddess to be just a little bit gentler with you… :pink_heart:

13 Likes