:genie_lamp: Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Manifestation

Merry meet!

Thank you once again to all those who joined in for last week’s Weekly Witchy Challenge - Light Magick :bulb:

Keep those lights shining brightly- the spotlight is on you this week as we spend some time studying the art of making things happen!

The theme for this week’s challenge is inspired by the coming new year and is…

Manifest Witch Challenge

:genie_lamp: :sparkles: The Act of Manifestation :magic_wand: :fog:

What does it mean to “manifest”?
How do you use manifestation in your life and your practice?

Magick is, at its very core, manifestation- the vast majority of the spells a practitioner casts involve manifesting something. Whether the intention is something tangible such as a sanctuary, a person, or an item, or if it is something intangible such as an emotion, status, or ability- all of these can be manifested through a spell or ritual.

So what is manifestation? Manifestation is the art of taking an idea or wish out of the mind and making it a reality. It is the power to make things happen, the ability to make something that doesn’t exist come to be.

The act of manifesting magickally requires two conscious steps:

1. Setting your intention (aka your wish or desire)
  2. Acting to make it happen (via spellwork and/or mundane means)

So how do you use manifestation in your magickal practice, and how can this skill be helpful to you in life in general? We’re jumping in to examine this keystone of magick together this week! :grinning: :magic_wand:

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

This week’s challenge is all about manifestation - how you choose to take on this theme is up to you!

So are you ready? Because it’s…

CHALLENGE TIME!

:bell:

Video by @Silverbear shared in How Do I Manifest?

STEP 1 : Your Manifesting Abilities :magic_wand:

This challenge is all about manifestation - but as always, how you choose to take on this theme is up to you!

Still not sure where to begin? To help you get started, here are a few ways in which a witch might approach this challenge.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

What does manifestation mean to you? :writing_hand:

For those who would like to take a thoughtful approach to this challenge theme, here are some journalling prompts:

• What have you manifested? Take some time to look at your life and see what you have made real with your time, energy, and resources. This may be something achieved through magickal or mundane means. It may be something you did recently, or a past goal you achieved that was special to you.

• Is there something you would like to manifest? This may be a current wish, your new year’s goals, or a lifelong dream

• How do you manifest? This may be through spellwork and rituals, the Law of Attraction, prayer, offerings to deities, etc. Take some time to look at your practice- what types of manifestation do you do? What works for you?

Let’s get manifesting! :magic_wand:

For those who would enjoy a hands-on approach to the challenge theme this week, consider doing some manifestation spellwork! This may be through spellwork, setting intentions, doing your new year resolutions, etc.

Manifest-with-a-Wish-Box-360x240
Wish Box: How to Create a Manifestation Box for Your Dreams

Burning-Bay-Leaves-Witchcraft-360x240
Manifest a Wish with Bay Leaves

How-to-Make-a-Sigil-2-1-360x240
Sigils 101: Drawing Your Manifestations

Mini Manifestation Altar 2024
Mini Altar for Manifesting the Coven’s 2024 Resolutions

Additional resources and discussions:

… And More! :raised_hands:

The suggestions above are just a few ideas to help kickstart your creativity- if you feel called to explore manifestation in another way, please feel free to do so! :blush:

As always, all witches are encouraged to embrace their own unique practice with how they explore the challenge theme :star2:

Video by @Silverbear shared in Manifesting Money Spell

STEP 2 : Share Your Experience :writing_hand:

Click here for a note about challenge inclusivity

Everyone is welcome to join the challenge by practicing magick in line with the current theme. For lurkers and those who don’t feel comfortable sharing, it is absolutely okay to follow along with the challenge but keep your entry personal. Feel free to join in spirit and do what feels most comfortable for you! :blush:

That being said, please know that if you would like to receive a prize and a public shout-out, it is required that you share your experience.

Getting Your Credit :white_check_mark:

In order for your entry to be counted, all you have to do is write/share about your experience and label it as your challenge entry. There is a lot of chatting here (which is awesome- chatting and discussion are very welcome!) so please clearly write that it is your entry so I know to count it! :pray:

Where Should I Share My Entry? :thinking:

Click here to learn where to share your challenge entry

You are welcome to post it right here- just click “reply” :repeat: to this post and write your experience in the text box that pops up!

Alternatively, you could create a new post in the forum (this is good for when you have a lot to share and/or would like to discuss aspects of your entry not related to the current theme)

Note : If you do choose to create a new thread, please add the “challenge-entry” tag and/or add a hyperlink back to this post so that it can be easily found- thank you! :bowing_woman:

Deadline :spiral_calendar:

This challenge has been extended! Out of respect for the busy holidays, those who wish to participate but haven’t yet had a chance to make an entry now have a few extra days for their spellwork. Good luck (and Happy New Year!)

:exclamation: This challenge will close in 6 DAYS :exclamation:

To join in, please share your experience by:

Tuesday, January 2 Tuesday, January 9 at 7:00 AM EDT (Eastern US Time)
2024-01-09T12:00:00Z

(Note that the time zone is ET- if you don’t see your time displayed above, you can use this time zone calculator to check for your time zone!)

Prizes :gift:

For their efforts, all participants will receive a special shout-out and a small prize! :gift:

Acknowledgments will be given in a Props and Presents Post that will appear in the forums on Tuesday.

After the challenge closes, you are still very welcome to post but please be aware that no additional prizes will be given. This discussion will remain open for about a week after the challenge finishes.

:gift_heart: :gift: :gift_heart:

Picture from Canva

A warm reminder that the challenges are designed to be very open- everyone is encouraged to participate in a way that honors and reflects their unique practice :open_book:

If you have any doubts about if something is acceptable to post or say, please double-check with the Forum FAQ and/or reach out to your friendly Moderator Team.

And for those new to challenges- welcome! :heart: Know that the goal of these activities is to help you further diversify and strengthen your abilities and to bring together the Spells8 forum family to inspire and support one another in creative ways :hugs:

Picture from Canva

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

There is no victory if you don’t start-
So take that wish within your heart.
You know the power rests in you
So go and make that dream come true!

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Blessed Be and Happy New Year! :genie_lamp: :sparkles:

23 Likes

Another fun challenge! This is going to be interesting.

16 Likes

Does manifesting demons/spirits count, even if it was unintentional? :partying_face:

16 Likes

I was looking at doing a spell jar for prosperity and abundance. I was just picking some crystals. This is perfect for this challenge as this spell jar is for a goal for next year! Yay! :hugs: I’ve got a head start! :blush::grin:

16 Likes

Well, I may have jumped the gun for this one by following the lovely @Ostara lead and making a Witch Ball for 2024 for health, prosperity, and happiness. So I will have to think of another project to work on.

I still have festivus / seinfeld on the brain and this came to mind when I saw
this challenge

:laughing:
No, doesn’t work that way? Shoot, too late. Already yelled it at the top of my (coughing) lungs!!! :rofl:

In any case, I’ll see what I can do this afternoon.

18 Likes

That’s funny Artemisia. I was thinking the same thing. Lol! I found this cute little wooden box this morning. I think I will make a wish box. I’ve never made one before.

18 Likes

Challenge Entry - Manifestation
I had originally planned on doing

over the full moon but getting sick has added chaos, coughing, and lots of naps. And then I created a witchball for 2024 before the challenge started so I figured this still was the perfect fit for this time of year, the moon phase, and this challenge.

I had most of the supplies (minus the butterfly wing charm) but I was modifying it a bit anyway to fit my casting style so that was ok.

I had made the black salt last week in preparation for this spell.

I hadn’t made black salt before and one tip I will give, don’t use a white marble mortar and pestle :laughing: Oh well! Suppose that explains why it was so deeply discounted. :woman_shrugging: worked for what I needed it do in any case.

I’m planning on charging the bottle in the moonlight tonight :full_moon:

20 Likes

Beautiful!!! :star_struck:

17 Likes

I’m thinking about this one. There are so many things I want to manifest. Start small? Start big? I’m edging towards something short-term around safety and personal protection. I’m traveling later in the week by plane to see family and I want to manifest safe, secure, and successful travel - especially during what can be crazy winter weather. I’m thinking of doing mini travel protection bags, one for in my pocket. One for in my checked luggage. :baggage_claim:

18 Likes

Ohh, this is the perfect time to create a vision board! :clap:

17 Likes

Oh how adorable :heart_eyes: I love it! :heart: :blush:

15 Likes

CHALLENGE ENTRY MANIFESTATION

I already planned on making this prosperity and abundance jar, which turned out to perfect for this challenge! :hugs::blush: I waited til today as Thursdays are for abundance, prosperity and luck :four_leaf_clover:

1. Intention: prosperity and abundance

2. Action: magick: spell jar mundane: gaining financial stability by decreasing debt and increasing savings. (Very simplified version of my goal. It is broken down into specific steps)

First, I thought about what prosperity and abundance means to me. It’s not just financial stability. It’s having and knowing my needs will always be met. That we have some of the things we want. That we live our lives full of love and joy. We have and use all of our supports. We share in our love, joy, prosperity and abundance. We appreciate all that life has to offer.
Then, I gathered and prepared all my ingredients. Cleansed myself, the room, the tools and ingredients.
Next I listened to this meditation

Then I made my jar. All the crystals, herbs and oils I used are for prosperity, abundance, luck, success, motivation.
I sealed the jar in wax and my thumbprint. While the wax was dripping I visualized my intentions.

I used @SilverBear post as my foundation for my jar

This was fun! I’m going to put this on my front porch. It’s enclosed so we sit out there all year. It will be the 1st thing I see in the morning and last thing I see at night!

Edit: I’m finding I prefer to do spellwork in the middle of the night, like 2 or 3am. (Not great fir my sleep schedule! ) I’m not sure if it’s the quiet and solitude I can only get at that time or if I’m drawn to the darkness or moonlight :thinking:

17 Likes

Challenge entry
It’s kind of a hard challenge because when I think of manifesting, I always think of successful manifesting. I’ve asked for self-love, love, money, protection, pet health, etc. I can say that when I manifested a need for money, I received $750 from my family for Christmas so that worked. The mundane part of me said “yeah, but it’s Christmas and they always send money.” I manifested love and I got the man back I wanted but he kept his gf. I have no clue how he still has a gf when he’s always contacting and seeing me but who knows? Still though, I had manifested very specific things about that love returning that I never saw but were extremely important to me. I manifested three servitors, designing and bringing them to life successfully but I don’t see them being successful so is it a successful manifestation? One was for protection and I’m still alive so I’d say it probably worked, lol. I’m a person who wants to see results, hopefully immediately and very clearly. I know the universe is working on my behalf but I’m Aquarius. I’m a constant questioner and collector of knowledge. If I can’t answer a question or see a result, it will plague me forever. I am confident that 2024 will manifest amazing things for me, I just have to get past my manifesting deadlines set for 2023 :blush:.

17 Likes

I’ve done that!!! Lol, it should totally count.

14 Likes

I made a success and prosperity jar for my ex/no clue what he is boyfriend. I am soo proud of it but I want to take it back because I don’t think he will use it the right way or give it respect it deserves. The manifestation comes from the intention though right? So it should work because I put in the work and the energy to create the jar for its purpose.

14 Likes

Challenge Entry

Didn’t quite know how to approach this. I don’t ask for alot really in terms of the mundane. I like to see what’s hidden in the dark, so this is normally the focus of my rituals. Who’s there? Are they a friendly?

I’ve been mainly working with meeting the demons this year. It’s been exhausting, and not without side effects, the headaches aren’t great but I got some good advice from @Susurrus which I will be doing from now on. Thankyou lovely :green_heart:

So how has this manifested? Well my spirit guide showed up in my TV whilst it was off (The Demonolatry Club) whilst I was in a prayer session with Mr Lucifer. She was unexpected. I contacted my aunty and she verified it (she’s a psychic/medium). It freaked me out a bit, but hey ho, if you ask, they’ll answer :rofl:.

Now I’ve got an Archangel in my life. The energy is definitely different. When it was just me and the beastie (Loki) it was pretty much chaos ruled :partying_face: but this lovely new beastie (Mr Lucifer) has calmed things down a bit. Can’t say I’m used to it yet :person_shrugging:, and Loki’s made it clear he’s not sharing his things as when I tried to give Mr Lucifer one of Loki’s candle holders (he has a load! :imp:) said beastie sent my match crazy, split it and nearly burnt my grimoire. Point taken :rofl::green_heart:

Have I physically seen said beasties, not yet. (In dreams/meditations yes) but not physically! Don’t know what I’d do if I did, probably pass out :flushed::joy: but I have felt their presence, and that of other demons, so I know when they’re here.

According to expert demonolatrists if you do enough rituals with the beasties, eventually they’ll appear right infront of you. Well when that happens, after I’ve picked myself up of the floor, and downed a whiskey or four :rofl:, I’ll ask if they don’t mind a selfie, and I’ll share it here. But for now, I’m happy with them manifesting their presence. :green_heart:

16 Likes

CHALLENGE ENTRY

I worked on manifesting protection during my upcoming travels with travel protections bags.

I used the spell from Llewellyn’s Little Book of Witchcraft by Deborah Blake

I used dried rosemary and red jasper in one bag and dried rosemary and black onyx in a second bag. One bag went in my carry on and one went in my checked luggage. I travel on Sunday for a week and anticipate successful travel! MANIFEST! :baggage_claim:

17 Likes

I love this definition of abundance and prosperity.

Great location for your spell jar!

Sounds dangerous! Stay safe! Maybe get a separate candle holder just for Mr. Lucifer? Keep their altars separate?

15 Likes

Thankyou. I do. All is well now. :joy:. Lesson learnt :person_facepalming::green_heart:

15 Likes

I’m making another spell jar for money I can’t wait to finish this challenge I always have fun dining them

17 Likes