Capricorn New Moon 🌑 January 2024

New Moon Capricorn

Hello, and happy January, my friends! With the new calendar year, we start a new cycle of moon phases. This month, we have the first New Moon of the calendar year on January 11th - a New Moon in Capricorn! Let’s take a moment to explore what a New Moon is, how the sign of Capricorn affects the energy of this New Moon, and different spells, rituals, and meditations you can do to connect with and harness this energy.

Please note: Some links go to pages specifically for Spells8 members - make sure you’re logged in! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

What Is A New Moon?

Astronomically speaking, a New Moon is the period of time when the moon is at 0% illumination. The Moon and Sun are on opposite sides of the Earth. This causes Earth’s shadow to fully cover the Moon leaving the night sky in darkness.

There are several different beliefs regarding the New Moon and witchcraft. Some witches believe this is the time to start new projects. Others believe it is a time of rest and recovery where no magic should be done.

New Moon Magic Rituals | Spells8

What does a new moon symbolize? This is a time of introspection, self-analysis and reflection. An opportunity for a fresh start and a New You. - New Moon Rituals (Spells8)

The Sign Of Capricorn

In astrology, Capricorn is a Cardinal Earth sign ruled by Saturn. Capricorn is an ambitious sign ruled by practicality and social responsibility. Through this ambition, Capricorn is also a sign of structure. Rules must be followed and logic rules stronger than emotion. This detachment from emotion may be seen as a sign of weakness, causing Capricorn to seem aloof and uncaring to those they meet. However, those closest to a Capricorn must realize that the unemotional appearance of Capricorn can be caused by a desire to appear strong and in control.

Learn more about Capricorn :capricorn:Beginner Astrology - Guide to the Signs by @Cosmic_Curiosity

New Moon In Capricorn In The Tenth House

This New Moon is also in the tenth house, putting attention on our careers and work/life balance.

This house represents your status and your purpose for being here. It influences the mark you want to make and how you will make it in terms of career goals and the image you portray to others. - Beginner Astrology | A Guide to the Houses by @Cosmic_Curiosity

All together, this New Moon will be a great time to set intentions for the year ahead. Capricorn is full of determination and ambition! This is great energy to pair with a New Moon for setting intentions for the entire year - make a plan and then get things done!

New Moon Bath Ritual
New Moon Easy Ritual

As Capricorn also deals with careers, this is a wonderful time for magic regarding career changes or promotions. Do you want things to change at work? Now is your chance!

New Moon Prosperity Spell
New Moon Prosperity Spell

In general, the New Moon is a wonderful time to plant the seeds you want to grow for the month. You will see the fruits of your labors from these seeds close to the Full Moon as long as you put in the work - Capricorn is all about hard work, of course!

Seed of Intention Guided New Moon Meditation

If you need to get rid of some excess energy or bad habits, utilize the New Moon’s energy of new beginnings to start over. Do some release spellwork for negativity, bad habits, and creating a clean slate.

Activities For Capricorn’s New Moon

Plan Ahead!

Whether you want to change careers or create a five-year plan, this is a great New Moon to work with. Spend some time thinking about what you want your life to look like. What steps would you need to take to get there? Grab your journal, Book of Mirrors, or grimoire and write it out!

Printable Planner Pages | Spells8

Create a Vision Board

It’s time to get your manifestations out into the world. Grab some magazines, pictures, paper, glitter, and whatever else you need to make your vision board. You can even make it digital! Put careful thought behind the images you choose - these represent what you want. Make sure you choose something you resonate with!

Check out the Coven Manifestation AltarMini Altar for the Coven’s 2024 New Year’s Resolutions :candle:

Cord Cutting Rituals

As New Moons are a great time to cut away from bad habits, utilize one of the many cord-cutting rituals out there to give yourself a fresh start. Use a cord-cutting ritual to break away from people, habits, addictions, and more.

Cord Cutting Spell Ritual
Cord-Cutting Spell: Wiccan Spiritual Healing Meditation

Cutting Ties Spell to Release
‘Cutting Ties’ Spell to Release Negative Connections & Break Free

Self Reflection

If you aren’t in the mood for magic or spells, that’s okay! You can still sit with the energy of the Capricorn New Moon in a quiet place with your journal. Spend some time in reflection and meditation surrounding your career, your social life, and things you want to start this year.

Find more magickal prompts for everyday journalingEveryday Journal Prompts | Spells8

Write A Letter To Your Future Self

If you need a bit of accountability in your practice, writing a letter to your future self is the way to go! Write a letter to your future self expressing gratitude for everything you want to accomplish as if you have already accomplished them! For example, if you set the intention to not miss a day of work, write your letter expressing gratitude for doing such a great job making it to work every single day.

Sigil Making 101: Draw Your Manifestations

After you have written your letter, seal it and tuck it away someplace safe. Then, revisit it on the next New Moon to track your progress! Make it a bit more magickal by creating a special sigil to draw on the letter or envelope!

Remember, the energy of the New Moon isn’t just for the one day that it reaches its peak. Personally, I give myself a three-day window for the New Moon: the day before, the day of, and the day after. This works well for my practice and it may work for yours, too!

Do you plan to work with this New Moon? What are your favorite ways to work with a New Moon?
Let’s hear about it!

11 Likes

I definitely want to utilize the new moon for cord cutting :scissors:

9 Likes

I think I’m right there with you :sweat_smile: I will definitely be doing some journaling, though, that’s for sure!

9 Likes

I actually think I’m going to start on journaling & setting a plan to move forward with my external things so that then I can properly address the internal parts once again. Taking those small steps to bring my balance back close to where it was before chaos, all the time, everywhere :laughing: I have a great start going, I just set up my calendar in my living room of what I have going on for appointments & things to do that I currently know of, now time to set some attainable goals for the month & an action plan of sorts. I think the New Moon :new_moon: will be a great time to look at some of these things. :hugs:

9 Likes

I’m sitting in that kind of space, too. I have a small ritual planned and even got some fresh snow - the first significant snowfall of the year - to help with it! :heart: I have a good feeling about this New Moon!

7 Likes

@Susurrus Similarly, I made a goal of daily journalling this year (I’ve never been able to keep up with it before). And I’ve used this journal 13 Moon Journal from Moon Phase Studios: Great Moon-Based Journal :open_book:
as a Book of Shadows / Book of Mirrors / Daily Journal. So far I’ve been successful with it, even just writing a bit each day. :memo:
You can do it! :new_moon:

7 Likes

Happy New Moon, my friends! :heart: May your evening, however you choose to spend it, be exactly as it needs to be.

8 Likes

I felt amazing power this morning. This time of year has always in all ways felt more like new years to me, along with Imbolc. While doing chores this morning I found a wonderful surprise. :raised_hands: :baby_chick:

My babies had babies. I am Blessed with at least 4 new baby chicks

! 11 and a new Moon, such beginnings and wonderful energies… and chicks too. May you all have such wonderful energy today and all year. :heart: :heart: :green_heart:

:baby_chick: :baby_chick: :baby_chick: :baby_chick: :goat: :baby_chick: :baby_chick: :baby_chick: :baby_chick:

7 Likes

@Shadeweaver awww so cute. Congratulations :partying_face::green_heart:

7 Likes

They’re not much bigger than a silver dollar :sweat_smile:

:goat:

6 Likes

@Shadeweaver English heathen here :grin::thinking:, what’s a silver dollar? Is that a big coin

7 Likes

bout the size of an english pennie when I was in Plymouth in "71

:rofl: :goat:

6 Likes

@Shadeweaver wow, your babies are tiny. Sweet :two_hearts:

6 Likes

They are SO CUTE! :heart_eyes:

Congrats to you and your sweet fluffy friends, @Shadeweaver! :tada: What a wonderful new moon surprise! :new_moon_with_face: :egg: :hatching_chick: :sparkles:

6 Likes

Hooray for new baby chickies! :hatching_chick: :heart_eyes: They’re so cute - what a New Moon blessing!

6 Likes

They’re so cuuuuute! :heart_eyes: I just want to snuggle and protect them. Aaaaaa! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Do they have names already? :grin:

I miss having a chicken friend. I keep telling my partner, if we ever get a house, I WANT A CHICKEN! :laughing:

6 Likes

Dusty dirty animals, but they are the cuuutteessttt when they’re babies. :heart_on_fire: :baby_chick: :baby_chick: :baby_chick: :baby_chick: :baby_chick: :baby_chick: :baby_chick:

:goat:

6 Likes

True. :laughing: We had a white Chinese silkie and it always got :poop: on its fluffy butt.

6 Likes

The New Moon of January 2024 has come and gone :new_moon: :sparkles: